Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two days post-op and I finally got all the liquids down that I was supposed to. I also took all my pills today, though it took for-flippin'-ever.

I'm on "full liquids," which includes pretty much anything I could get through a straw. I had about 1/3 of a can of blended-up chicken noodle Soup, and it was the yummiest stuff EVER!!!

Hey everyone! I was banded on the 6th at 7:45AM.. bright and early! I'm guessing my surgeon had his morning coffee, because he told my mom that the surgery couldn't have gone better (with a big smile on his face). So today is day 3, and I'm feeling muuuuch better. The first two days were questionable.. I had an alarm set to go off every 4 hours for medicine time, and this morning is the first that I've gotten up not feeling like I need it. (I have to say, sorry if the grammar/rationality of this post isn't quite up to par... maybe there's more liquid lortab in my system than I think :P ). Following my post-op instructions, today I'm supposed to start Vitamins (still munching on the chewy one.. that'll take awhile), and can try full liquids... which I'm super excited about. I think the best news is I can shower today... I don't think I've ever felt so disgusting, haha. Can't wait to have clean hair! Anywho, gas for me has been horrible.. Had my mom buy gas-x the evening of day 1 and I'm assuming it's helping, which is a scary thought since it's still so bad. Semi-unrelated gas pains (shoulder) have been a little better.. I just chase them around with the heating pad and that seems to do the trick, at least to make them bearable. I'm pretty sure I haven't gotten close to the 64 oz of liquids for days 1 and 2, which I'm nervous about.. but today's a new day and I'm trying again. I noticed the incisions are itchy today... I'm taking that as a good sign that they're healing, and just ignoring them as much as I can. Okay, I'm gonna go try some banana pudding now! Will be on again later :)

weight.png

Peanut butter is not on my list anywhere until after a month.

Greetings from pre-lap band world! Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm really surprised you tried Peanut Butter so soon! At my pre-op this week the nurse told me that under no circumstances was I to have peanut butter, she said someone just ended up in the emergency room after eating it! Is it allowed on your post-op diet?

I had the procedure on Thursday 7/7, and I am going to work on Monday. I was going to a Def leppard concert tonight, but it got rescheduled til the end of the month. I may not be standing totally straight and walking a little slow, but I am heading forward.

Lisa

Hi all of my bandmates!

My surgery is scheduled for July 26th, and I am truly hanging on every word that you post-ops are writing. Question, I am scheduled to go back to work 7 days after surgery. How do you feel 5-7 days out?

Thanks for all of the great advice! I am nervous, anxious, happy, etc.!

Good luck to all!

Serifa

We have all been told that walking would help move the gas out.

Lisa

I was banded this past Tuesday. I'm still having gas pains and I'm still unsure when I am suppose to eat. I don't really have an appetite. I also think I broke a rule. I bought sugar free fat free ice cream and I had a little bit. For the most part I feel good. I just wish this gas would pass. Does anyone have any ideas of what I need to do to speed up this process.

Welcome back Stacy! I was banded 7/6 in the am as well. No where near close to my 64 oz of liquids for the first two days but already better today. I had Jello, half a Protein Shake and quite a bit of Water, one day at a time right?

my mom offered to keep the boys a few more days ( we were going to get them back tomorrow). I miss them like crazy but they are 2 & 5 and very active, so I think it's wise to give it another three days before I dive fully into the usual madness that is my life (which I love). I can't wait to see them and hug them! I can't wait to feel more like myself too and resume my daily activities, just a little longer now.

Welcome back Stacy! I was banded 7/6 in the am as well. No where near close to my 64 oz of liquids for the first two days but already better today. I had Jello, half a Protein Shake and quite a bit of Water, one day at a time right?

my mom offered to keep the boys a few more days ( we were going to get them back tomorrow). I miss them like crazy but they are 2 & 5 and very active, so I think it's wise to give it another three days before I dive fully into the usual madness that is my life (which I love). I can't wait to see them and hug them! I can't wait to feel more like myself too and resume my daily activities, just a little longer now.

Thanks, & welcome to the other side of bandland :) Haha. Its tough for me to realize at times (like now.. darn shoulder pain started up), but it's cool to see the grass really is greener over here! Lol :D That's good that you can rest for a few more days.. I know I could definitely use it, so I'm sure you could too.. it's tough enough for me to deal with a heartbroken cat (because he's not allowed to climb on me), but I can't imagine active children! Hahah. I'm counting down the days with you..hopefully some normalcy comes quick! :)

Hi was banded on Thursday 7/7 and am quite sore. I haven't had any gas pains , luckily. I have no desire to eat, but took in some cream of wheat mixed with Protein powder( yuck) and some yogurt with protein powder(yuck again) Were you told to put Protein Powder in all of your food?

I found a list of some helpful conversions that I thought I'd post for you guys....I bought unflavored soy Protein powder today to start mixing into foods because I just feel so dang weak and exhausted. I'm on mushies, day two. Yesterday I managed to get 500 calories in (but too much salt and fat) but today is going better. Thank goodness I like cheese!

The tablespoon conversion really helped because my protein powder is measured in 1/4 cup amounts and I only added 1T to my 1/2 cup serving of lunch. I needed the exact amount to enter in my database at myfitnesspal.com

3 teaspoons = 1 tablespoon

4 tablespoons = 1/4 cup

8 tablespoons = 1/2 cup

16 tablespoons = 1 cup

1 cup = 8 Fluid ounces

Measure

2 cups = 1 pint

4 cups = 1 quart

4 quarts = 1 U.S. gallon

8 quarts = 1 peck (dry)

16 ounces = 1 pound

I managed to slime on Water. Yes, water. I must have ingested too quickly because an hour later none had gone down and I had the icky, slimy, pukey taste in my mouth along with the uncomfortable feeling of water backing up in my tummy. I didn't vomit, but had one of those run to the basin moments! Yucky.

I'm so frustrated. Today I'm actually doing well with fluids (24 oz and it is 5pm, which is good for me) and food. I don't understand why my tummy is still rumbling?? My doc suggested 3 meals a day with 2 shakes in between. Ok, I just gave my tummy 4 oz of Protein Shake and it continues to rumble. This learning curve is really frustrating...finding the balance between grumbling tummy and "oh god I ate too much" is so difficult! Just venting. I guess I shouldn't complain, I'm just thankful that I've found a few foods that are gentle to the tummy and don't taste like mud. LOL.

put me down for "Dam shoulder pain" too!!! I'm trying everthing to work it out, but nothing is helping. GAAAAA! Headed off to walk some more

My gas pains are getting better - but even my cats are leaving the room! Ewww.... I'm cheating my diet and introducing a mushie today. But I'm gonna puree the lima Beans and add chicken broth. I have been toeing the line but have been feeling woozy. I'm going to try a bite or two. If that doesn't sit well I will leave it alone! I am super stoked about my weight loss so far! Would like to see 163 by September. I have been exercising every night. What a wonderful tool this is!

Hi All,

Wanted to share some mushy dishes that I made on Friday. Plenty of leftovers and I seem to only eat about 3/4 - 1 cup at a sitting of each.

1. 1/2 block medium firm tofu, 1 can chick peas and 1 pkg defrosted frozen chopped spinach. I put it all in a food processor then seasoned to taste. Kind of blank but goes down nicely when warmed.

2. Boiled til soft cauliflower, 1/4 container ricotta cheese and 1/2 cup marinara sauce. Same instructions as above.

I feel like these give me plenty of Protein and veggies. For a snack I have been having a tbsp at a time of sugar free pudding and for Breakfast I had a Chobani yogurt (needed to add Equal to it because it is not sweet at all!!)

Hope everyone else is adjusting to their journeys as well :)

Thanks for that infomation. I don't know what to do. I have to go back to work on Monday and I do not want to look silly. The gas catches me off guard. I haven't had any ice cream today so I am proud of myself.

Daniella: My surgeon says Clear Liquids for the first 48 hours and full liquids for at least five days after that. A full liquid is pretty much anything you can get through a straw, though he suggests Protein Shakes, yogurt, pudding, and Soup or Cereal (like Cream of Wheat) that's been thinned out with milk or Water. If the soup has any chunks of anything, they need to be put through a blender.

I think that during the full liquid recovery period, the ice cream is okay, though not something you should get used to. My dr. said that there were a lot of things allowed during the first week that wouldn't be a good idea later. But the NUT in his office also said that she suggests allowing yourself a treat once in a while so you don't feel deprived.

This is a lapband diet guide that I found online; it's very similar to the one my doctor uses. Maybe it can help you, too: www.laplose.com/Media/Forms/LapBandDietGuideNew.pdf

As far as speeding up the process, all you can do is stay hydrated and walk, walk, walk to get the gas out.

Hope you're doing well!