Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does this sound weird?

I was banded in August of 03; I originally had a fill of 1.8 and that is when I lost most of my weight. Eventually that got to tight and I had to be unfilled. During the past 2 years I have been filled and unfilled; don't remember the amounts exactly. During the Hurricane I had .8 and had to be unfilled and I know that was mainly stress. Then I got filled later, but I have not been able to handle 1 cc. In November of 05 I got a complete unfill due to a surgery I was having. I stayed unfilled for a little over a month. I recently got a fill and am filled to 1cc and I can barely notice a difference. I am scared that maybe something is wrong like erosion, but the again could my stomach have been swollen and it had time to rest and now I can have more of a fill?

Thanks everyone!

I suppose anything is possible with the band and fills! If you are worried and your gut says "something fills weird," then you may want to get tested for erosion. Just a thought for peace of mind. Shawn

Kelly, when I have a 1cc fill I can eat a quarter pounder, bun and all. I'm sitting at 1.5 and have good restriction, but I can still eat anything I want, just not as much as I want. (of course, what I want now has seriously changed.)

You've lost a bunch of weight, so what was tight at 1cc 60 pounds ago is going to be loose at 1cc now.

And don't forget, when you were at .8 ccs you were undergoing the worst natural disater you will hopefully ever have to go through. Of course you were under amazing stress, which gave you amazing restriction. Even now, when I'm super stressed, like walking through a crowd I get so tight I can't even swallow.

Stress is amazing.

Oh, and a slight hijack.... why is it cloud and crowd, but now clowd or croud?????

Just think of the changes that have happened on the outside now think what has changed on the inside.I would love to see inside photo's of myself now compared to when the band first went on.There were bits of yellow fat every where YUK.Iam sure you would have been the same.

However if you are in pain or have concerns talk to your Dr.