Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, Be honest! Does anyone drink even a teeny weeny bit of coffee even though we're told not to? I see blogs where people do drink a bit of coffee with no negative effects. I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but I do miss my half cup in the morning.

I drink coffee with sf cream everyday (2 cups). My doctor is fine with it as long as I count the calories and drink enough Water.< /p>

To clarify further...my coffee is the only thing I drink that has calories (approximately 35). And I have to make sure I get my Protein in each day, too.

I'm week from surgery - had me a small cup of coffee today. They don't want you to drink coffee because it dehydrates your body and they (the doctors) want you to get your fluids from Water, however there's nothing unhealthy about drinking coffee. You should probably avoid making it overly sweet or with tons of cream, and definitely stay away from 1000 calorie Starbucks "coffee" drinks like half-caf-half-decaf-no-water-extra-foam-5 pumps-3shots-mocha-frappa-chocolate-chip-macchiatto with a twist - but a cup-o-joe in the AM is how the world makes it through the day!

Now that you have a band and should treat your body like the temple that it is - get some killer roast or even treat yourself to Sumatran Kopi Luwak that was pooped out and harvested by the islanders at $50/pound.

I was banded in Sept. 2010 and I drink about 2/3 of a pot (black) a day with no ill effects. YMMV, of course.

anyone know how to make fufu starbucks types coffees and home with out the calories?

I'm week from surgery - had me a small cup of coffee today. They don't want you to drink coffee because it dehydrates your body and they (the doctors) want you to get your fluids from Water, however there's nothing unhealthy about drinking coffee. You should probably avoid making it overly sweet or with tons of cream, and definitely stay away from 1000 calorie Starbucks "coffee" drinks like half-caf-half-decaf-no-water-extra-foam-5 pumps-3shots-mocha-frappa-chocolate-chip-macchiatto with a twist - but a cup-o-joe in the AM is how the world makes it through the day!

Now that you have a band and should treat your body like the temple that it is - get some killer roast or even treat yourself to Sumatran Kopi Luwak that was pooped out and harvested by the islanders at $50/pound.

My doctor told me there's no problem with coffee. He even suggests drinking it in the morning to help loosen the band. I drink a pot every day!

Thank you so much! Great to get all this input!

My doctor told me there's no problem with coffee. He even suggests drinking it in the morning to help loosen the band. I drink a pot every day!

Two unrelated-to-coffee- questions: How do I 'friend' people, and how do I get the ticker on to my profile?

as long as you get all your Protein and Water in and count the calories your fine. I have not had problems with it I just make sure everything is in.

T

Ok, Be honest! Does anyone drink even a teeny weeny bit of coffee even though we're told not to? I see blogs where people do drink a bit of coffee with no negative effects. I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but I do miss my half cup in the morning.

Two unrelated-to-coffee- questions: How do I 'friend' people, and how do I get the ticker on to my profile?

To add a friend, go to their profile and click "Add me as a friend". It's the first link under their picture.

The easiest way to add a ticker is to click on someone else's and follow the instructions to create your own.

i drink a cup everyday 2 equal and CREAM, every day ! I sometimes have 2 cups a day. Mr Dr says that the more coffe u drink u have to make sure have have even more Water to flush it out, coffee is a diuretic so it can make u thirsty.

I just had a fix of my lapband and had coffee today, I did wait 5 days though from surgery.

Every Dr is different and it is best to go by what your Dr says, but i do have 1-2 cups everyday and i use Cream !