Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days Postop and STARVING

I have read that some people add Benefiber to their Soups, drinks, etc to feel full longer.

I have read that some people add Benefiber to their Soups, drinks, etc to feel full longer.

LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! i just made it a favorite! I'm scheduled for surgery July 5. Good luck on the 15th - the pre-op diet is half over for me and it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Keep up the blog it's great writing!:P

Me too! I was banded Friday, and am having the exact same issue. I can't tell if I'm full or it's just post operative gas and soreness.

I was Banded Friday the 24th, and I have not been hungry at all. I have been on the liquid diet and can barely drink enough to stay hydrated. I am still having a lot of pain from the surgical gas that they used. The pain from the gas makes me feel like I am full. I called the Surgeons office today, and they said that some people have a lot of problems with the gas, and some do not. I guess I do! I have been trying to walk a lot and get the gas moving out of there, but It wants to stick around and cause me pain. I am suppose to be able to switch to mushier foods Friday after my Post-Op appointment. Has anyone else felt this way after their surgery? What did you do to get in all the fluids you need? I mean I feel full, but i don't know if that feeling is gas pain or fullness.

I hear you. I was banded on Wednesday too and today I broke down and had 2-4 ounces of cottage cheese because of the Protein and sustance. This liquid diet has been so hard. I'm suppose to be on "FULL" liquids for two weeks, until July 8th. My post-op visit to see my doctor is July 5th and I plan to ask him about it. I thought I wasn't suppose to be hungry. I'm dring my Water, Isopure drinks and crystal light, but I still crave more substance. ;)

PK

I was banded Wednesday and starting Saturday and getting stronger though today I have had hunger pains. Ongoing! My liquids was not handling it! I sucked it up those days, kept doing things right or sleeping it off. Well tonight, day 5 I gave in and had some bites of mashed potatoes and the hunger pains went away. 2 hours later they are starting up again faintly. Am I supposed to be this hungry during the liquid phase? :(

Mashed potatoes are on the list from my surgeon's office. There is a disclaimer on the list that states that some things that are allowed in the beginning will not be recommended later due to lower nutritional value. At this point the amount of potatoes that can be eaten is not much (probably 1/3 cup at most) and most likely people's Protein will still be coming from the shakes.< /p>

Johnny Boy thank you for the tip!!!!

Absolutely!

LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! i just made it a favorite! I'm scheduled for surgery July 5. Good luck on the 15th - the pre-op diet is half over for me and it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Keep up the blog it's great writing!:P

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it. Have some other weird thoughts to write about soon!

I was banded on June 23rd and the hungry feeling sucks. I have been hungry since a couple days after my surgery.:blink: The liquid diet does not help my hunger pains for more than 30 mins at a time. I do get all of my Water intake and I have caved and eating a greek yogurt, 2 hard boiled eggs (different sittings) and creamy grits.

Just did the follow-up appointment yesterday and they said I can do 3-4 Protein shakes a day and I am on this diet until July 22nd. I don't even know if I can last that long, I feel like there is no restriction at all.:(

I was banded on 6/24 too. I noticed that I've been starving for the past few days--I'm guessing since the swelling has gone down, the restriction that was there, is no longer there. I've been having my shakes for breakfast lunch and dinner, and just pushing through the hunger. I've also tried some V8 broccoli Soup which helped a little, but not as much as the shakes. The Jello works here and there--but Water seems to keep the hunger at bay. The gas in your chest that you guys are experiencing, mine went away around day 5 or so. My pain is pretty much gone (I only feel anything really when I bend down or when I first get up), so the fact that I'm supposed to be on liquids for another week, really blows. If I'm able to go to the gym, I should be able to have more than liquids!!!

I have chobani yohurt everyday for Breakfast. Since I am now on solids I add 1/2 scoop Protein Powder, splendra to taste, 1/4 cup high Protein Kashi Go Lean Cereal. I could not have yoghurt post op until week 3 and I had to use a stick blender if it contained fruit. There will be a lot who disagree but since I find Greek yoghurt to sour on it's own (0% fat) I do use Splendra. I did buy 2% once by mistake and there is a HUGE difference in taste. So if you are opposed to using splendra you may want to decide if the extra 20-30 calories is worth the taste difference.

JohnnyB, OMG!! I have been laughing at the hospital at work since I started reading your blog!!! U R A NUT!!! ROFL & I do mean that in a good way! Heck I felt the same way about most of the topics you discussed!! I hope u keep blogging! I am schedule July 29, 2 weeks after u, so u can warn me before I step in the poop that it will be there waiting for me!! Good Luck and thanx for sharing I sooooo needed that much needed dose of reality with a little humorous twist! Butterfly