Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! I'm on my 4th day post op and am in tons of pain today! I'm still on fluids! Called the dr office and they say its gas pain! I'm chewing gas x around the clock! And walking around the house! Any other suggestions? Please!

Hi everyone! I'm on my 4th day post op and am in tons of pain today! I'm still on fluids! Called the dr office and they say its gas pain! I'm chewing gas x around the clock! And walking around the house! Any other suggestions? Please!

Hi,

I was shocked at the amount of pain after surgery and surprised that no one had prepared me for it! I also took Gas-X like it was going out of style. Ask your doctors to either get you on Tylenol with Codiene right away or Vicodin which you can crush into a fine powder and put into orange juice or lemonade. It's bitter and nasty tasting, but does help a lot. Just be careful not to take these too much because it will be a couple weeks before your feeling 100% again.

If your unable or uncomfortable with such strong drugs and would prefer to go the natural rout, you can send someone out to Whole Foods (or some other health food store) for milder daytime and nighttime pain remedies. They have tons that just dissolve under your tongue.

This is my first response to a forum post. Hope that helps :unsure::rolleyes:

Thanks! I have liquid vicodin and I'm taking it! It doesn't seem to be working though I might not be taking enough! I just hate sleeping all the time! So gas x is my pal right now hoping it kicks in! I hurt so bad I don't wanna drink or eat my yougart or shakes! And I know I have to! Thanks again!

Really hmmm! I will try anything! I bought some spearmint tea because my gma use to give it to me when I was lil for tummy aches! Thanks for the info!

Thanks! I have liquid vicodin and I'm taking it! It doesn't seem to be working though I might not be taking enough! I just hate sleeping all the time! So gas x is my pal right now hoping it kicks in! I hurt so bad I don't wanna drink or eat my yougart or shakes! And I know I have to! Thanks again!

I feel you! It was the same for me and I thought I was the only one at the time! Hang in there because it will pass, it just takes a little while. I know it's scarey for now, but this forum is so helpful and you are fortunate to have found it early on! :)

I agree with the other posts that it is much better to find a liquid that helps you "go" more often to release any blockage that can hold the gas in. Peppermint tea and pure apple juice most definitely helps you poop. (sorry for the bluntness)

Pain meds help more for the tenderness that the band is causing while it heals.

I received hydrocodiene and took it almost every night to sleep so I wouldn't feel the soreness or the incision site. Gas unfortunately won't be helped by pain meds! Ginger tea with orange peel and lots of warm fluids. Walking as much as u can tolerate and a microwaved hot towel in a zip lock really helped me sleep through most of the gas at night ! Btw I'm 8 days post op and I'm still a little sore but hardly any gas! Hope this helps!

Walking and a heating pad --GAS X - the heating pad is a charm!

AND Hot tea~ CHAI Tea worked great for me - peppermint also worked

Walking and a heating pad --GAS X - the heating pad is a charm!

Gasx only works for gas in your intestinal system, the pain you feel after surgery is from gas on your torso body cavity. Gas x won't touch it. Nor will pain medications.

Walking, massaging, hot moist packs (fill a tube sock with dry riepce, about four cups,tie the end, microwave for two minutes and use as a compress). Walking will move it around and break it up a bit, massaging will break it up kore and work it into areas that can eliminate it. A hot moist pack will expand the gas and move it around and expand your tissues to allow them to accept it to get it out of your system.

I had gas pain for four weeks after surgery and just had gallbladder surgery and it's almost four days with excruciating gas pain. Keep moving.

Hello everyone,

I had my surgery yesterday and I was shocked to see how much pain i as in,espeacially around port site,getting in and out of bed s torture,its like a pulling sensation.could that be gas??I have been on perks 1 every 4 hrs and it seems to help,they gave me t pill form,the dr. said that was fine because the band is not tighten yet.I am still spotting blood in the port area,is this normal.~kris

Some drainage at your port site is normal. Bright red blood probably isn't normal. I had drainage for several days.

FYI all pain meds slow the gut down so may actually contribute to the gas pain rather than help. It just takes time to get the gas out, walking helps.

weight.png