Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does it feel weird??

I have this crazy idea in my head that the band is going to feel wiggly and weird inside my stomach :blink: . Can you feel it? Does it ever hurt? Fill me in peeps, I've got 4 days left!

Nope, I do not feel it at all. I can feel my port but that is it! Congrats on your surgery.

No, I cannot feel the band, only the port and I couldn't feel that so much until I lost a substantial amount of weight.

I don't feel the band either, but like the others have mentioned I definitely feel my port, especially if I get gassy or bloated. According to the nurse at the dr's office, because the port is so close to the intestines gas can make it protude. It's not visible yet(still too much belly fat), but it's palpable.

I can feel it any time I swallow anything, or burp. But like, right now, do I feel it? Nope!

If I sneeze really hard I can fee the band. I can feel where the port is located when I touch it. It seems like it will be weird or scary, but I look at the band as no different than a joint replacement or breast implants... just another medical device.

Only feel the port occasionaly - I like it -my reminder of why and what I am suppose to do :)

Never have felt my band, but my port is right up front always. It is a little tilted and I swear it has a pimple on it on the inside but no pain.

My surgeon explained that we do not have any nerves in the stomach tissue itself so you cannot feel the actual band around it. You will feel new sensations, typically while eating but most of that is felt in the esophagus.