Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Morehead City bandsters?

Just wondering if anyone on here has had your surgery (or will be having it) with Dr. Johnson, in Morehead City, NC? When I do it, that's where I plan to go so I'm just curious of experiences from his office. Thank you.

Hey! He banded me Wednesday. So far so GREAT! This liquid diet has been easy, but I have been "hungry" a time or two and had to sleep it off. :)

Hey! He banded me Wednesday. So far so GREAT! This liquid diet has been easy, but I have been "hungry" a time or two and had to sleep it off. :)

Ashleigh, I'm glad all went well with you. Do you think you'll put your story on the "My Day of surgery" thread? If so, I would love to read all the details. It's even better to read about the actual Dr./place where I may be having it eventually. Did you go with the Plication also?

I wish you much success with this.

Thanks! :)

I'm from Jacksonville NC and spent summers fishing out towards Morehead City, just wanted to stop in and say HIIIII! I'm getting banded 7/18 so I wish you luck!

Hi. Good to see more Carolina folks here. I hope you have great success on you band.

Hi. Good to see more Carolina folks here. I hope you have great success on you band.

Sassy.....I am so new to this board and still trying to find my way around. I do a search for "Morehead" just to find this thread, hehe. I will look around some more and find the thread you're talking about and post.

I DID have the Plication scheduled, however 2 days before I chickened out and cancelled it! I thought, what an awesome addition to the Lapband; however with it being so new in conjunction with the Lapband and a new procedure for my surgeon I just didn't want to add to my risk. If the Lapband can do SOMETHING-ANYTHING for me I was ok with it taking a little longer. I am happy with just the Lapband and glad I didn't take any risk above just that.

So, yesterday the liquid diet got to me........I have had non-stop hunger pains for 2 days. I had a tad of homemade mashed potatoes tonight and WOW I feel like a new woman. I'm not supposed to start mushies until Wednesday so I'm going to only use them when I can't take it anymore between then.

So great to meet all of you. This new journey is exciting for me as is for you all. Looks like I am the only one already banded so I'm up for any questions, though I am new!

Sassy.....I am so new to this board and still trying to find my way around. I do a search for "Morehead" just to find this thread, hehe. I will look around some more and find the thread you're talking about and post.

Hi Ashleigh, I am glad you are doing well. I can only imagine how hungry you must be. I know that will be the hardest part of all. The thread I was talking about for you story is on the "post surgery" board, then about 3 or 4 down it says something like "surgery day stories". It is great to read all the stories to find out what to expect. I have enjoyed reading them, but get a little anxious too, because of the "unknown" in my own situation. But....it' would be great to read the details from a person that is in the same area as me and has the same Dr. I was thinking of using (or Dr. Bell) not quite sure, just yet.

I may end up chickening out on the plication as well. The only reason I was thinking of it is because I gather it makes the band a little safer from slippage. I really am not looking for the faster weight loss. In a way, I don't want that. It will bring more questions from others too soon :lol: and I don't want to advertise this decision to the whole world and the quicker loss would makie it more obvious, I think.

I hope you conitine to do okay with your liquids to mushies stage. I sure don't look forward to that part at all. I just talked to a gal tonight that I've known all my life, who had the band about a year ago. She has lost over 100 lbs and does not regret it one bit. She has been a big encouragment to me. (but she did say the liquid stage was the hardest part).

Well, hope to chat with ya some more. Take care. and I'll look for more posts from you.

It's a relief to hear your friend said liquids was the hardest part, because most of what I read people make it sound like a breeze and it's clearly not for me!!

I've heard great things about Dr. Bell too!

Ok, when my boys go to bed tonight I will share my story on the post you are refering to.

I also have my kept my surgery low key! I did this for me, not for the world to have an oppinion about me or to me. My mom and husband know, they are great! 4 of my local girlfriends know because they helped with taking care of my boys and a good support system for me. In a few weeks when we travel to visit various family members I will still be in my special diet phase, so it may come out at some point. I don't mind people know, but there's been no real reason for me to put it out there to them yet.

I will be looking forward to your story. I hope today was more bearable for you with the liquids.