Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am like you, not to excited about the liquid diet either, but if it makes the surgery easier for the doc and myself I am all for it. It is so exciting to think of the new things we will be able to do. I cant wait!!

PS, where did you post your ticker for it to show up?

Thanks, Dawn

My doctor hasn't mentioned about getting an upper GI done. I had the meetings with the dietitian (which Karen @ MacNeal Hospital is awesome), the pulmonary doctor, cardiologist and psych. I heard those are not fun. I never had one.

I start my liquid diet on 8/11. I hope my insurance allows this to happen. My surgeon, said that Blue Cross Blue Shield *** are one of the fastest to approve the surgery. I hope he is right!!

Congrats! That's my Wedding day!

congrats on the wedding date, be happy and be willing to compromise with each other.

I get banded on 8/11 start liquids on 2nd. So excited but so nervous too.

4 weeks until surgery!!! I can't wait!

18 days until liquid diet. I am not looking forward to the liquid diet, but I can't wait to start shedding weight.

I am now a follower of you blog but don't know how it works so will just keep looking. My date for banding is aug 11 and I have started getting in supplies also.

Thanks for following my blog! It's basically my journal through this process. I hope people find it helpful!

Thanks for following my blog! It's basically my journal through this process. I hope people find it helpful!

thanks I love reading your info and blog

I received a letter in the mail today scheduling me for my preadmission testing! I am in the process of trying to get over this sense of "anxiousness". The letter also reminded me to get medical clearance from my pcp (which I totally forgot about). I see my nut on Monday to find out what kind of preop diet I will be on. The coordinator at the surgeon's office said it may be a full liquid or a dinner only diet. I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. I must add that Killerhighlights has a nice "Must Haves" list on her blog. Click the link on the post right above this one to check it out.

August 18th here. I still have to lose about 10-14 pounds but I know I can do it! Any suggestions on losing this extra weight. This seems like the hardest part. I have already knocked down about 5 pounds. It's kind of a relief to finally have a date but at the same time I am scared because I have never had any kind of surgery before. Wewt!

August 18th here. I still have to lose about 10-14 pounds but I know I can do it! Any suggestions on losing this extra weight. This seems like the hardest part. I have already knocked down about 5 pounds. It's kind of a relief to finally have a date but at the same time I am scared because I have never had any kind of surgery before. Wewt!

I have lost about 8 pounds in the last less than two weeks in getting ready to do my liquids by drinking the special K drinks for Breakfast lunch and snack and then eating regular meal in evening. Trying to get myself in a liquid mode. I love the drinks and my dr. said they were good to go for me. vanilla and strawberry my favorite but my mom and daughter love chocolate. They are in the pharmacy area at Walmart. Did not like the slimfast at all.

I am like you, not to excited about the liquid diet either, but if it makes the surgery easier for the doc and myself I am all for it. It is so exciting to think of the new things we will be able to do. I cant wait!!

PS, where did you post your ticker for it to show up?

Thanks, Dawn

I think I did mine in the profile with signature.

10 days before surgery I have to go on a liquid diet. It's supposed to help shrink my liver so they have room to work. They suggest just Protein shakes, broth and so forth. They want me to have 3 meals, and 3 Snacks. Meals will be 8 oz of liquid, Snacks 4 oz.

Of course this is only before I get the band tongue.gif

10 days before surgery I have to go on a liquid diet. It's supposed to help shrink my liver so they have room to work. They suggest just Protein shakes, broth and so forth. They want me to have 3 meals, and 3 Snacks. Meals will be 8 oz of liquid, Snacks 4 oz.

Of course this is only before I get the band tongue.gif

Lyssa mine is exactly the same diet, so have already gotten most of it available in my house because they said be prepared and you won't have problems

Lyssa mine is exactly the same diet, so have already gotten most of it available in my house because they said be prepared and you won't have problems

I don't have it ready yet. I am waiting until it's closer. It's 15 days away now. My boyfriend (who is a healthy weight) is going to eat like this with me. He knows all about Proteins and stuff. He uses True Protein. They have better flavors than unjury, and they're cheaper. (About 50%) They have whey Protein isolate that you can get in any of their flavors with any sweetener you want (including splenda!) and can add stuff in if you want (but you don't need that stuff).

We're going to order our protein here in a day or so. I am trying a few different flavors, see what I like and what I don't. Plus I don't want to get bored!

Before we met, he drank Protein shakes for meals and it didn't bother him. (I wish I was like that)

August 9th for me and i am starting to get nervous and exicted