Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was just banded on June 17. I feel really good, except I feel like I am starving myself. Is this normal. I am drinking plenty of Water and have been drinking about half a serving of Optifast at lunch or dinner. I know I am supposed to still be on Clear Liquids but I am back to work and feel weak and light-headed if I only have sf jello/water/clear juice, etc. I get some energy just drinking half of the Optifast, but I don't want to overdo anything and ruin my banding....anyone with some insight? Thanks in advance!:blink:

My post op diet was clear liquids but I could also have milk and chunk-free yogurt for added Protein. Try chicken or beef broth. They count as clear liquids and will help you feel fuller longer.

My post op diet was clear liquids but I could also have milk and chunk-free yogurt for added Protein. Try chicken or beef broth. They count as clear liquids and will help you feel fuller longer.

Great to know! Thanks Cindy. I guess since I am only adding Water to my Optifast (and a few ice cubes) that I am not causing any harm. I will go and buy some chicken/beef broth tomorrow. Thanks again!

You might want to try something like Isopure. It's a clear Protein Drink. You can get it at GNC. I liked the fruit punch best.

If you don't like the taste of the clear Isopure (I didn't -I only like the chocolate and vanilla) I have heard of people adding crystal light to it to bump up the taste.

Adding milk to protien mix helps fill you up more too get skim milk or skim plus makes it taste better too

Try the Lipton cup of Soup CREAM OF chicken. There's no vegetables, it is the same as a broth. If you think it's to heavy, thin it out with more Water.< /p>

You can't hurt your band at this point on fluids. Because everything is going threw you. That's why you're starving.

I know. I have been there and done it to. That was the advice given to me.

If you make it according to directions, and don't thin it out,. It will help kill the hunger.

I just read the last post and when I heard Lipton Cream of chicken Soup, it sounded as good as a steak! LOL! I will have to increase my selection of "liquids" to see what helps me feel less "starved." Thank you all again for your advice!

Haha that's hiliarious livingmydream...I couldn't wait til I got on pureed foods it was heaven!

I tried "miso soup" for a temporary bridge during that phase. Never did develop any craving for it. As you experiment, the variety of flavors becomes ever more amazing IMHO, from the old preOp days. Sometimes just the tiniest of pin-head size peaks of such as mustard would give me incredible gustatory satisfaction. Also just a fingertip in a little plain horseradish was immensely satisfying on many levels....not to mention clearing the sinuses. Part of my own discovery was how complicated the physical act of eating really is. I had always sort of just inhaled/suck/washed it down without much chewing, though, appreciation for flavors, consistency, etc. My goal was to push as much down as rapidly as possible so I could get some more as soon as possible. What an idiotic approach to one of the great pleasures of life! I learned to saunter and stroll through a meal instead of making it a bumper-to-bumper rush hour stress event.

Something my NUT suggested to me was whenever you are making a Protein drink, pudding, etc. with milk was to make it with DOUBLE MILK to increase protein....

To make double milk: combine 1 cup skim milk with 1/3 cup non-fat dry milk powder. Use double milk to make puddings, custards, hot cereals, cream Soups, etc. Double milk has 16 grams protein per serving.

So, if I had 1 packet carnation instant Breakfast SF, I could add double milk to it and the protein would be 20-22 grams instead of 10-12 with plain skim milk.

I was banded Monday June 20 and am having a hard time making sure I get in all my liquids. Right now I'm not allowed to have a Protein Shake with milk yet, but once I am I will for sure be making it with double milk!! Already tired of drinking "sweet" drinks like crystal light, etc.!!! Ready for something that seems less sugary!

Welcome to BANDLAND Kitty !

Hope you feel better !

Thanks 54Shirley!!;) Each day the pain gets better!! Hoping to sleep all night tonight!!

Welcome to BANDLAND Kitty !

Hope you feel better !

Got

Thanks 54Shirley!!;) Each day the pain gets better!! Hoping to sleep all night tonight!!

Got a Recliner? It makes sleeping a whole lot easier.