Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Before surgery I purchased Muscle Milk Light Cookies and cream flavor at GNC. I had my first shake one day after surgery and I thought it was so gross but drank it anyway to get my Protein intake. By day 3 i couldn’t stomach the stuff and every time I drank it i felt soooo bloated afterwards but I just chalked it up to gas. Well yesterday I go to GNC to see if I can find something different and I told the sales person about my surgery and what I was drinking. She told me that Muscle Milk Light is not a good option for bandsters because it has a lot of Fiber and it expands in the stomach giving you that bloated feeling. I ended up buying the GNC total lean ready to drink shakes in vanilla and swiss chocolate and absolutely love them. Has anyone else heard this about Muscle Milk Light? Im not sure if she was right but I sure don’t get that bloated feeling after I drink my new shakes.< /p>

I did check the nutritional info on the MML tub and did notice it only had 1g of dietary Fiber per serving. So I am unsure if thats what was causing the bloated feeling. I know different shakes work for different people but just wondering what others experiences have been with MML.

Before surgery I purchased Muscle Milk Light Cookies and cream flavor at GNC. I had my first shake one day after surgery and I thought it was so gross but drank it anyway to get my Protein intake. By day 3 i couldn't stomach the stuff and every time I drank it i felt soooo bloated afterwards but I just chalked it up to gas. Well yesterday I go to GNC to see if I can find something different and I told the sales person about my surgery and what I was drinking. She told me that Muscle Milk Light is not a good option for bandsters because it has a lot of fiber and it expands in the stomach giving you that bloated feeling. I ended up buying the GNC total lean ready to drink shakes in vanilla and swiss chocolate and absolutely love them. Has anyone else heard this about Muscle Milk Light? Im not sure if she was right but I sure don't get that bloated feeling after I drink my new shakes.< /p>

I did check the nutritional info on the MML tub and did notice it only had 1g of dietary fiber per serving. So I am unsure if thats what was causing the bloated feeling. I know different shakes work for different people but just wondering what others experiences have been with MML.

I take 2 scoops Muscle Milk Light every morning. 1 scoop Vanilla-banana, and 1 scoop chocolate. It does not make me feel bloated, but I am satisfied with only that and other supplements for Breakfast.

Funny about GNC. I buy my Muscle Milk online. Once when I was running low, I went to GNC and the guy did all he could to talk me out of it and purchase a GNC brand of shake mix.

I use Muscle Milk Light in the powdered form and I really like it;however, I couldn't stand the taste of the premixed Muscle Milk. I also add Benefiber everyday to my homemade Protein Shake without any problems. I hope this helps.

Yeah im sure they do try to push their GNC brand products more than others but ultimately I am glad I switched. I am sure gagging so much and wanting to puke is not good while Im still healing.

Thank you both for your input

I am just a few days post op and started with the chocolate muscle milk light but I wanted to puke from the after taste! UGH!~:angry:

Switched to Isopure chocolate and doing much better with it!

Yeah im sure they do try to push their GNC brand products more than others but ultimately I am glad I switched. I am sure gagging so much and wanting to puke is not good while Im still healing.

Thank you both for your input

I am just a few days post op and started with the chocolate muscle milk light but I wanted to puke from the after taste! UGH!~:angry:

Switched to Isopure chocolate and doing much better with it!

Im glad you found something you like allicap! I had heard the chocolate flavored MML was pretty bad thats why I chose the Cookies and cream flavor but no luck. I will definitely give the Isopure chocolate a try if I get bored with my current shakes.

I use Muscle Milk vanilla creme and mix it with chocolate carnation instant Breakfast. I love it...tastes like a chocolate malt!

I could have written this exact same post! I tried muscle milk light premixed and it was terrible! It had such a bad after taste that I coudn't finish it! I went to GNC and found their Total Lean Swiss Choc. (with no saleman) and I love it!! It has 25 grams of Protein and 23 vitiams plus it's not thick. I actually look forward to having that shake each day. I tried the vanilla and strwberry but I think the choc. is the best!

Same experience here. Try the GNC Total Lean ready to drink strawberry. It's absolutely the best strawberry Protein Shake I've ever had. The sales guy at the GNC by me tried to talk me out of the GNC Total Lean too! He was pushing the GNC Amplify. I have no idea why they'd push one over another unless there is a different commission structure, or he was overstocked on the one he was pushing and was trying to get rid of it. I wait until the Total Lean is on sale online for buy one, get one half off and free shipping. I go ahead and buy like 8 4-packs at a time :)

I could have written this exact same post! I tried muscle milk light premixed and it was terrible! It had such a bad after taste that I coudn't finish it! I went to GNC and found their Total Lean Swiss Choc. (with no saleman) and I love it!! It has 25 grams of Protein and 23 vitiams plus it's not thick. I actually look forward to having that shake each day. I tried the vanilla and strwberry but I think the choc. is the best!

What's the carb count?

I agree the swiss chocolate is the BEST! I actually decided to go with the total lean after the sales person told me they had them because I remembered a post you wrote about them being so tasty a few weeks ago. So thank you NJgirl32!

Highland, it has 6g of carbs.

isit5yet, I have not tried the strawberry but will definitely give them a try!

I just purchased muscle milk light cafe latte on a whim from 7 eleven. And I loved it. I wanted to purchase more but I can't find that flavor anywhere. I have the powdered chocolate and it wasn't bad to me. I mixed it with Water.< /p>

I feel the same.. I usually just drink 2 Protein Shakes a day and today I drank 3. I in the morning, at lunch and one around 5pm. I felt bloated and whenever I walk, I feel a litlle pain at my left side of my stomach. Feels like a needle poking me... and now I feel like throwing up a little. :(

I drink Muscle Milk Light every day. They only have 100 calories. I'm obsessed with calories and don't drink anything with more than 120 calories for my Protein shake. I drink the pre-mixed shakes and only the chocolate ones. I've tried the Cookies & cream when I first started and it was nasty. The chocolate one isn't so bad. There's a Muscle Milk that's 170 cals with like 19g of Protein I believe? That one's pretty good. And yes, Muscle Milk gives you the bloated/ gassy feeling. Ugh, that's the worst part of the whole thing. But, there's only 100 calories and sometimes if I plug my nose, it goes down so much easier. It does give a nasty after taste so I ALWAYS have gum in my pocket. That's a must if you're going to drink it. Anyway, I hope everything works out for you with your new shake!!

I love the muscle mik light boxed drinks ! I tried the other powders you can purchase at Costo in vanilla and chocolate flavors that you mix with ice, Water, or diet sodas, got real tired of the flavors and after taste in my mouth! I dirnk two of the muscle milks a day in place of meals and am very satisfied !