Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I doing something Wrong?

Dear All,

I was banded on 3 November 2010 and to date have lost 16.5kg's which happens very erratically to say the least. My first month after banding was my biggest loss of 9kg's but since then it has been extremely painstakingly slow! I want to know whether anyone else is struggling the same way or am I doing something wrong.

I have 7ml in a 10ml band currently and dont get hungry much at all. I currently do not have Breakfast, I have a skinny latte (half strength) at about 11am and another around 1pm, I have lunch at about 2.00pm which normally consists of a tin of Sweet Chilli tuna (Greenseas) and about six slices of cucumber. dinner I have around 7pm usually what the family eats, vegies and a Protein (either chicken or fish) not a large portion as I eat off a lapband plate. I have done the C25K programme and this has helps with toning which I am really pleased with and generally either run or do weights each day for approximately 30 minutes.

Can anyone shed any light on what I am doing wrong.

Thanks for any input.

Regards

Zimbo

Hey, i was banded on april 21th and ive hit a 5 week plateau. I have read many articles on it, and they give really good ideas.

They say to switch intake, maybe you think you are eating well, but maybe your calorie count is off and you are actually eating more than you should. It couls be the oposite, maybe you arent eating enough and your body is trying to keep everything in because it feels that it will starve...

They say that havig different calorie counts everyday is good because your body never knows what to expect.

Another this is exercice, if you have been doing the same excercise for a while, try changimg because your body has become used to the exercice you have been doing. Changing will shock your body and it will be harder at the brgginning so you will burn mOre calories.

If not, they say to increase your exercice routine, add another 20min, with more intensity.

I hope these trick will work for me, it is so frustating

Sounds to me like maybe you're not eating ENOUGH calories? I know that sounds silly but I also know that lots of people lose better when they up their calorie consumption. Your skinny lattes... are they made with any sweetener? If you're having sugar first thing in the morning it might be causing problems... and I know you know this but you SHOULD be eating Breakfast. Even a Protein shake, which so many people have in the morning. If you really want your coffee, what about a vanilla Protein Shake made with skim milk and then add a spoonful of instant coffee in it?

I'm thinking that part of the problem might also be you taking in the majority of your calories within a 5-hour window. Perhaps eating your lunch earlier (and having breakfast!) will help your body to process the foods better. Sounds like the food choices you DO make are great ones! And you're never hungry... can I just say how jealous that makes me? laugh.gif

I would start tracking your calories. It doesn't seem like you are having too many calories per day. Maybe you need to be eating more?

Definitely up your calories. Not eating breakfast does not matter (take it from someone who fasts for 14 hours a day) so I wouldn't change around your eating plan if it's what you're comfortable with.

Also keep in mind that weight-loss isn't linear nor will it come off in any type of consistent pattern. You can lose a pound one week, 5 the next week, and none after that.