Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TO THE LADIES THAT HAD A HYSTERECTOMY

i have a question thought i would see if someone might help. I had my vaginal hysterectomy 2 weeks ago i was left with just the ovaries. when i talked to my doc he had told me i had alot of adhesions, fibroids. he said he couldn't find my left ovary due to all the adhesions. i am confused by my pain right now. could it be from 1. more adhesions 2. i am still healing from my hysterectomy 3. i am having a mock like period and dont know cause i can't bleed? i am not sure if i am doing too much too soon ihave done laundry and dishes in to dish washer i know it says not to do too much bending but my hubby doesn't help much someone has to do something around here. let me know what you ladies are thinking why i am having pain it feels a little like aching pain. my doctor said that he wasn't sure but it was possible that my adhesions came from my lap band surgery

I had a vaginal hysterectomy leaving ovaries intact many years ago. At two weeks, you're still healing. The pain could be because you are ovulating or from adhesions plus mostly likely healing...........but I doubt that it's lap band related in any case. You are doing a lot at two weeks, and that very well could be the cause. I felt fine sitting around the house, went back to work at 2 weeks, and passed out cold shortly after walking in...........Relax and Heal and don't worry!

I had a vaginal hysterectomy leaving ovaries intact many years ago. At two weeks, you're still healing. The pain could be because you are ovulating or from adhesions plus mostly likely healing...........but I doubt that it's lap band related in any case. You are doing a lot at two weeks, and that very well could be the cause. I felt fine sitting around the house, went back to work at 2 weeks, and passed out cold shortly after walking in...........Relax and Heal and don't worry!

thanks i called my mom and she too said i was doing too much and that i need to calm down

You are not supposed to do anything except the very minimum for the first 6 weeks. Your husband needs to do more. If he won't just leave the stuff to pile up and if he asks why show him the info on what can happen if you do it. There is an excellent site called hystersisters that has the answers to lots of your questions, it also has a couple of articles for the men. I have kept referring back to the site since my op 6 weeks ago and the advice has been excellent. It is also great to read other peoples experiences so that I know what i am experiencing is normal.

It is fairly normal to have some bleeding for a number of weeks after the op. However excessive bleeding could be caused by having done too much and could be a sign of possible complications. I had some bleeding at 3 weeks so went to see my GP. She checked me out and said I looked fine , that I had no signs of infection and that it could have been either from some left over endometriosis or a pulled internal stitch. She told me if it got worse or didn't stop by the Monday(saw her on Saturday) that I needed to go and see my gynae. It did stop so I didn't need to go back.

I have my postop app in a weeks time. Later than usual as my gynae has been on holiday.

You are definitely over doing. Most any kind of surgery or injury can leave scar tissue behind. When I had my hysterectomy, my insides were a mess and I ended up being in surgery for abt 5 hrs. All this was due to adhesions, which actually came from peritonitis, secondary to a ruptured appendix.

I know how you feel being the only one doing to housework. My husband helped me the first week and then I suppose I looked good on the outside, he thought I could get back to my old schedule. Needless to say we had a little talk.

Try to rest and heal and no lifting! You only get one chance to heal properly from this procedure.

You are not supposed to be bending or lifting anything over 5 pounds. I had a total abdominal hysterectomy on the 9th because I had too many adhesions for her to safely do a vaginal hysterectomy. She did tell me that the adhesions are caused from the 3 laproscopic surgeries I have had in the last year.

ETA: I was told that the bending and lifting is because that even though you might be feeling good, your insides have lots of stitches. You are still healing in there. If I even think about bending over or lifting anything, it takes me all of 2 seconds to realize that was a move I don't want to do. I will ache for a hours afterwards.