Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery yesterday and I must say that everything is so organized. Got there at 8:15 was in a gown and all hooked up to IV and Pulse Ox by 9:00. My husband was able to stay with me right up until they wheeled me into the surgical room. Everyone is so caring and professional I did not have one minute of anxiety. Of course I prayed a lot before because I know God puts on the surgical gloves first, and all others are his helpers. I had a very large hernia so I was in surgery for 2 hours. Lap Band was only 35 minutes. Yesterday was a day of rest. I slept all day and I did not feel good at all. I took my doctor's advice and took the pain medicine and nausea medicine all day. Today I am up and about. Sore but not unbearable. Drinking Clear Liquids without any problems. My doctor told me to take the pre-op diet and go backwards. He gave me the time frames in which foods and when are to be introduced. So far all is well and I am so glad it is over.

Just remember to follow everything your doctor tells you - walk, get up and move around to prevent blood clots, muscles are sore but if you move around you feel much better. Drink lots of fluids but slowly.

I had my surgery yesterday and I must say that everything is so organized. Got there at 8:15 was in a gown and all hooked up to IV and Pulse Ox by 9:00. My husband was able to stay with me right up until they wheeled me into the surgical room. Everyone is so caring and professional I did not have one minute of anxiety. Of course I prayed a lot before because I know God puts on the surgical gloves first, and all others are his helpers. I had a very large hernia so I was in surgery for 2 hours. Lap Band was only 35 minutes. Yesterday was a day of rest. I slept all day and I did not feel good at all. I took my doctor's advice and took the pain medicine and nausea medicine all day. Today I am up and about. Sore but not unbearable. Drinking clear liquids without any problems. My doctor told me to take the pre-op diet and go backwards. He gave me the time frames in which foods and when are to be introduced. So far all is well and I am so glad it is over.

Just remember to follow everything your doctor tells you - walk, get up and move around to prevent blood clots, muscles are sore but if you move around you feel much better. Drink lots of fluids but slowly.

super good luck on your journey. I am at 3 weeks post surgery and am feeling great. Actually, felt pretty normal after 4 or 5 days. If you're near a costco, they sell Premier, a chocolate Protein ready-made drink that has 30 grams Protein in 11 oz. of wonderfulness. I now drink one a day to help reach my doctor's required 80 grams protein per day. When you start feeling a little better (and a little hungry!), remember protein is your friend! I have never felt physically hungry!

Again, super good luck! I think we have all made such a great choice in getting the band....and I can't tell you how much this web site has helped me! Throw any question out there, and there are kindred spirits out there who will be supportive and oh so helpful!

I had my surgery yesterday and I must say that everything is so organized. Got there at 8:15 was in a gown and all hooked up to IV and Pulse Ox by 9:00. My husband was able to stay with me right up until they wheeled me into the surgical room. Everyone is so caring and professional I did not have one minute of anxiety. Of course I prayed a lot before because I know God puts on the surgical gloves first, and all others are his helpers. I had a very large hernia so I was in surgery for 2 hours. Lap Band was only 35 minutes. Yesterday was a day of rest. I slept all day and I did not feel good at all. I took my doctor's advice and took the pain medicine and nausea medicine all day. Today I am up and about. Sore but not unbearable. Drinking Clear Liquids without any problems. My doctor told me to take the pre-op diet and go backwards. He gave me the time frames in which foods and when are to be introduced. So far all is well and I am so glad it is over.

I love reading all of the NEW surgery comments. I am looking into doing this after so much fright about it. I may have to wait until September when my insurance changes so I can pick a better insurance option so I won't have as much out of pocket expense. Right now it's just more than I can afford, especially with all of the pre visits required before the surgery is even approved. I wish you well in your weight loss journey. AND....I totally agree with you that the head surgeon is GOD first and the others are just extra hands he is guiding. That alone makes it better. :0)

Congratulations!!! I knew you were going to do just fine. I am a week and two days out now, and I feel pretty much like myself again. I even cleaned out the fish pond yesterday. Today I'm going to start my yoga routine again. I think you are going to do just fine! You're right, listen to what your surgeon says and go to it! Best of luck.