Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Last Supper (Cue violin)

So as I was putting in my vacation request at work to have time to recover from surgery...I drifted off into "Fried chicken Fantasy Land" (lmao!!) and it got me to thinking...what am I going to indulge in before surgery?!

What was your "last supper"?

Mine was Chinese food-- and it was gross laugh.gif

OMG, I want a box of fried chicken, rice and gravy, oh oh!! An a piece of pizza, lmao!! Ok, I kid I kid, I'm more than ready to give it all up

awh! I hate that your last supper sucked :-(

I had a whole week's worth of last suppers! I had Vietnamese food one night, Indian another. It was crazy. Now I am on day 5 of an 8 day clear liquid diet and I am looking forward to my morning Flintstone vitamin! Ha!

I know everyone thinks they need last suppers but really once you are banded you can eat almost anything in smaller portions.

I'd die if I couldnt eat rice ( rice is in EVERY meal here)

I can't go a week without eating Indian

I have a huge love for cheese ( and yes I eat pizza sometimes)

Vietnamese is a weekly meal ( the rice wraps and veggies etc)

etc

I am banded but no one knows I am banded and I am able to appear normal and eat where everyone else eats ( unless its red meat I'm a fakatarien).

My last meal was a 22 ounce bone in 28 day dry aged ribeye, with a baked potatoe,& asparagus! It was amazing, but my hubby is an executive chef so I expected no less! Lol

i had a week of last suppers too. we went to our favorite Vietnamese restaurant in Chinatown TWICE, hit up our favorite Indian place, went to a really nice pizzeria, cooked up all the homemade mac n cheese we had Pasta for in the house, had chimichangas....gahh, i ate soooo much that last week before surgery. i gained probably 5 pounds, but the liquid diet took it right back off and I do not regret having my last meals for one second.

while i'm still newly banded and can eat anything, i can't shovel it in like i used to, and i got one last shovel off all that good food (which for me was a way of saying goodbye to shoveling.) i really love taking big bites of things and just swallowing, now it's all chew, chew, chew. so, i'm glad i had my one last hoorah.

Mine was at a seafood place, but I avoided the bread. It was very good :D

No "last supper" for me. I don't put any foods completely off limits (and I don't have any problems tolerating foods either, thank goodness), so there was no need. I didn't want to approach surgery like it was a death sentence :)

Plenty of people seem to do it though and manage just fine.

I had 2 tacos from Chipotle -yum! Then a cinnabon . Then I wasn't evenhungry but made my hubbytake me to a Portuguese Restaurant for Paella and sangria! Little did I know that I probably could still eat all that 1 month later!!

i hade chicago deep dish pizza from gino's east. not sure if my band will tolerate that thic bread so i had to get that!!!

I had some wonderful chinese food at a restaurant in Vancouver that I love; but I suspect that I will eventually eat Chinese food again, just a lot less of it.

The band's purpose is to make you not hungry, make you not think about food, not want to eat (even when you're not hungry). It won't prevent you from eating anything.

No reason to have last meals and overindulge. You will be able to eat anything you want after surgery - just smaller amounts of it. Even bread and Pasta - bread might be really well toasted, but still.

I am so glad I came on this forum because it has really helped me reading the comments, to deicde that I want to be banded. I was just really afraid because one lady I know can't seem to eat anything hardly anymore. I think, after reading all of the posts, that she still has her band too tight. I feel much better after reading the comments here. Thanks all.