Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not losing as much as I expected.

I was banded on June 1st, 2011, my doctor has advised me to stay on full liquids but i am able to eat regular foods in small portions but i have to chew them very well and i am fine. I am afraid that this may cause slippage is this normal please help me.

You may be able to eat regular foods, but that doesn't mean you should. I'd stick with your dr's prescribed diet!

Why aren't you listening to your doctor?

You aren't losing what you expected, so let me ask you this: Did you expect you would follow the doctor's diet?

Is this normal? No. After people have surgery they usually listen to their doctor's orders. But for some reason you've decided that that's no good for you.

I ate things like yogurt and cottage cheese 10-12 days post op as well as my Protein Shakes. I think your mouth just wants something with some texture. You proably don't have any Fluid in your band yet or if you do, it's probably only a couple cc's. At this point, don't be concerned with the scale moving. I was banded on 1/11/11 so I'm just 5 months out. I assumed that I would automatically start losing 1-2 lbs a week just by having the band put on. I did a ton of research prior but you just don't know what to really expect until it's happening to you. I didn't lose more than a pound or two from my surgery date to my first fill. My doctor was totally ok with that because you really do have to heal up on the inside. After my first fill, I lost a few pounds but nothing monumental. This fill process is really about finding what is right for you individually so it's somewhat of a trial and error thing. You also have to experiment with foods so you know what things you can tolorate and what you can't. Each fill brings new challenges. Don't get caught up seeing the scale move. It's frustrating but you will get there. Make sure you take your measurements! This is where I've seen the majority of my results as well as my blood panel numbers. I've lost 31 lbs in 5 months but I've gone from a pant size 20w to a 14/16w. Top size 2x to a 0x in a fashion bug/dress barn type store. My fasting blood sugar went from 176 to 134 so it's all good. Another thing is exercise. Let me say, I truly hate exercise but walking is something I could do. I tried to get out 3-4 times a week for at least a 1/2 hour but with a rainy spring, it made it a challenge. I wasn't ready to join a gym and have to work out in front of all the hard bodies, not to mention my fitness level was really low. Walking helped build up my stamina a little and gave me some confidence. Last month, I decided to try a Zumba class. The class has lots of different shapes, sizes, ages and fitness levels so I felt really comfortable. I didn't die but I was sweating like crazy. I now know what an endorphine feels like....I didn't think I had any endorphines. We all want results right now and I'm no different. I keep thinking I should have 50 lbs off by now but I have to remember I was a slow loser before the band so that's just how my system works. At the same time though, I'm getting constant compliments of how good I'm looking so that's a nice reward too. Good Luck!

Listen to your doctor #1.

#2, it takes about 6 weeks before weight loss starts, regularly. You are healing right now.

You definitely need to listen to your doctor and follow his orders post-op. I just started on mushies on Friday and I was banded 4 days before you.