Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

tube came apart from port

Long story short, My tube has came undone from my port twice now. anyone else have this problem?

Long story short, My tube has came undone from my port twice now. anyone else have this problem?

Not yet but you've got me thinking. I have 9.6ccf fill in a 14cc band and still feel hungry. I have no restriction whatsoever and can eat all I want.

I have only lost 14 lbs in 3 months and I'm really getting discouraged as these 14 lbs have been by only my own willpower. And that's fading away.

I think I will take my measurements tonight to encourage myself.

Good luck and keep us posted with your results.

I have never had this happen but how did you know?

Hello.

Well, the reason I knew something was wrong, I was having severe pain in my stomach, after I went full circle from my Lap Band doctor, my health care doctor, my GYN doctor, and back to my Lap Band doctor. After tests and surgerys from my other doctors, they found it. My tube from the port was hanging down near my pelvic area. That was the first time. This time, almost 2 weeks after I had it fixed, I went to the ER with severe stomach pain, after a CT and X Rays, there was the little sucker again!!!

This is a painful problem that I hope you never have to deal with!

(im going to have a whole new band put in on the 23rd. I would take it out and leave it, but that would mean all this for nothing. Iv lost 80 + lbs, but im still wanting to get down some more. want to be under 200. its a tough decision)

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. That's terrifying :(

Not yet but you've got me thinking. I have 9.6ccf fill in a 14cc band and still feel hungry. I have no restriction whatsoever and can eat all I want.

I have only lost 14 lbs in 3 months and I'm really getting discouraged as these 14 lbs have been by only my own willpower. And that's fading away.

I think I will take my measurements tonight to encourage myself.

Good luck and keep us posted with your results.

That was my clue, and severe pain cause the tube is floating around poking my insides. Im going to get a whole new band this time and I hope it fixes everything. Will keep you posted,

Hello.

Well, the reason I knew something was wrong, I was having severe pain in my stomach, after I went full circle from my Lap Band doctor, my health care doctor, my GYN doctor, and back to my Lap Band doctor. After tests and surgerys from my other doctors, they found it. My tube from the port was hanging down near my pelvic area. That was the first time. This time, almost 2 weeks after I had it fixed, I went to the ER with severe stomach pain, after a CT and X Rays, there was the little sucker again!!!

This is a painful problem that I hope you never have to deal with!

(im going to have a whole new band put in on the 23rd. I would take it out and leave it, but that would mean all this for nothing. Iv lost 80 + lbs, but im still wanting to get down some more. want to be under 200. its a tough decision)

I have been wondering if I have the same problem. For 3 mos now I've had abdominal pain that just moves from area to area of my abdomen. The PA that does my fills said he doesn't think I have any problems from the band. i am waiting for a second opinion from another surgeon.

i've always wondered if this could happen. hmph now i know!

I have been wondering if I have the same problem. For 3 mos now I've had abdominal pain that just moves from area to area of my abdomen. The PA that does my fills said he doesn't think I have any problems from the band. i am waiting for a second opinion from another surgeon.

If your tubing has come disconnected from your port, an easy way to check would be to try to take all the saline out of your band and then put it back in.

My doc takes all my saline out and then puts in new saline plus a little each time I have a fill to check how much saline I have (if there is a leak there would be less then there should be), to check the colour (could be a sign of erosion,infection etc) and to make sure that the saline can come out ( if it doesn't it could mean the port disconnected, there is a kink in the tubing etc).

Has your doc tried this?

If your tubing has come disconnected from your port, an easy way to check would be to try to take all the saline out of your band and then put it back in.

My doc takes all my saline out and then puts in new saline plus a little each time I have a fill to check how much saline I have (if there is a leak there would be less then there should be), to check the colour (could be a sign of erosion,infection etc) and to make sure that the saline can come out ( if it doesn't it could mean the port disconnected, there is a kink in the tubing etc).

Has your doc tried this?

This is what the PA that does when he does my fills. I haven't had a fill since I've been having this problem, but I go back the end of this month. In the meantime all of this pain is miserable. I've seen my PCP & my GYN doctor also like you. Does your pain move around your abdomen. Sometimes the pain is sharp stabbing like, other times like something is pinching me. Then at times it is

a dull ache.

Pain that moves around, yeah, no one could explain my pain either, cause it keep moving from one area to another.

If I were you, I would have them write for you to have a set of X RAYS on your stomach.

The tube moves all around and it pokes and scratches my insides and hurts so much.

Good Luck!!

Are you being charged again for the removal of the first band and the installation of the second one?

Are you being charged again for the removal of the first band and the installation of the second one?

Oh yes. The band manufacturer says its not their fault I have "defective" band, they are not paying for it :(