Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I went in for my 3rd fill today - and didn't get a fill :) I still have restriction after 2 weeks, and I lost 10 lbs in that 2 weeks which is really great. So Dr. K and I decided not to put one in. I have another appointment for June 1st to see if I need one then. So far, so good.

I've yo-yo'd with my weight for the last few days. I had a few indulgences over the weekend. I had been practicing Atkins since my last fill, and about 10 days out I stopped losing weight and actually started gaining it back. So, typical me, I say "screw it" and start eating carbs. I know that the initial Atkins weightloss is mostly Water anyway, so when I ate a carb or two over the weekend all the Water weight poured back in and really pissed me off. So yesterday I actually had a piece of white pizza with chicken and olives - it was heaven!

And there you go - by today I'd lost those 2 lbs again and was back to my original loss of 335 by this morning. I've come to the conclusion that while I can lose weight very fast on Atkins, it doesn't stay gone. So I think I'm going to start just counting calories from now on (I was not counting on Atkins) and eat more balanced and see how I do. I really think for me, now that I have a good amount of restriction, is to just really watch how much I eat and stop when I'm satisfied. Plus I had not been getting enough water in the last few days and I'm back to at least 80 oz a day.

My poor husband never knows from one day to the next what I can eat and what I can't. I have him so confused! I keep changing my diet habits and I'm so glad he's patient with me.

I have to really watch how much I eat, still not having a good full feeling.

I have told myself I can eat anything I want as long as it isn't white or made with anything white.

Seems like I go almost 2 weeks before the scale moves and then I drop 5 pounds. Weird!

Hope the next fill gives me more restriction.

I scheduled my 3rd fill for next week. The first few days after fill #2 were great, but now that the swelling's gone, I'm back to bandster hell. It's SO hard.

I feel you Rachel! I was banded on 4-4-11 and have been hungry ever since. I go for my 3rd fill on June 28th and am hoping for some restriction! Good luck...we can do it!!!!

I had my first fill yesterday. 10 weeks post-surgery. I was losing about 1 pound / week, and that was enough for me, so I put off the fills, but about 2 weeks ago I started to be able to eat Bagels, so I knew it was the beginning of the end. cool.gif

I guess I have a small band because the Doc said the surgeon would have put in 1.5 cc during surgery and he said another 4 cc would 'over fill it'. Anyway, he just put in 1.5 cc, so I guess I have about 3 cc in a 5cc band. Anyway, I'm on liquids for 2 days, then mushies for the rest of the week. Good news is I lost 2.5 pounds yesterday.rolleyes.gif

I had my first fill yesterday. 10 weeks post-surgery. I was losing about 1 pound / week, and that was enough for me, so I put off the fills, but about 2 weeks ago I started to be able to eat Bagels, so I knew it was the beginning of the end. cool.gif

I guess I have a small band because the Doc said the surgeon would have put in 1.5 cc during surgery and he said another 4 cc would 'over fill it'. Anyway, he just put in 1.5 cc, so I guess I have about 3 cc in a 5cc band. Anyway, I'm on liquids for 2 days, then mushies for the rest of the week. Good news is I lost 2.5 pounds yesterday.rolleyes.gif

I did not know they made bands that small! Good luck with the new fill. My third fill seems to have done the trick for now. I have 7cc in a 15cc band. I was told as we lose wight you need fills because things get smaller and the lapband gets loose from that. I have lost 12 more pounds since my 3rd fill and I am very happy with that. It is work though. I go to curves 5 days a week and then out for a bike ride after that, then its off to work for 8 hours 4 days a week. The other two days I walk and even take one day off sometimes. I've been thinking about adding a evening walk with the hubby to my routine (he needs the exercise!) I also cannot sit still for long. My house is getting soooooooo clean! Today I moved out all the bedroom furniture and vacumed under it. We have been in the house three years and I have not bothered doing that to our room. How is everyone else doing?

I am with you on this....I was scheduled for my second on July 11th but the heck with that. I called after 2 weeks and told them I couldn't wait another 3 weeks. So I go in Thursday. Well I guess I better go walk before it gets dark on me. Hang in there......

I scheduled my 3rd fill for next week. The first few days after fill #2 were great, but now that the swelling's gone, I'm back to bandster hell. It's SO hard.

Man, I'm kind of jealous of you guys who are on your 3rd fill. I was a late April bandster (the 28th) and it took me 6 weeks to get to a doctor for my first fill (6 cc's in a large size lapband) and won't get my second one until about a week into July. After reading all of the posts about folks being on their 3rd and it is making me try to slip into the doctor's office early next week to get the 2nd one going. I can still eat 4-5 cups of food in a sitting and never need to crush pills so I'm thinking I need a little more help.

I'm still only on two fills - I had an appointment for my third but the surgeon and I both decided I was doing fine and didn't need it. The problem is that since that appointment (June 15th) I haven't lost anything. I go in on Friday and I'm going to have him put some more in.

I will admit right now that I am not exercising. This past week I've had to travel for work, my boss is on vacation so I've been dealing with her tasks as well as mine and I've been glued to my desk. But I can't say that's my only excuse, to be perfectly honest....I just HATE EXERCISING!!

I go downstairs every morning and I imagine my treadmill is staring at me accusingly ....as if to say "You dummy, you spent all this money not only on surgery, but also on me, and you're not even using me! Look at the dust on me!"

I hate exercising. Hate it, hate it, hate it. It just seems like a waste of time to me - not that it won't help me lose weight, but just TIME I could be doing something else that I enjoy.

I need a kick in the butt. Seriously.

I'm still only on two fills - I had an appointment for my third but the surgeon and I both decided I was doing fine and didn't need it. The problem is that since that appointment (June 15th) I haven't lost anything. I go in on Friday and I'm going to have him put some more in.

I will admit right now that I am not exercising. This past week I've had to travel for work, my boss is on vacation so I've been dealing with her tasks as well as mine and I've been glued to my desk. But I can't say that's my only excuse, to be perfectly honest....I just HATE EXERCISING!!

I go downstairs every morning and I imagine my treadmill is staring at me accusingly ....as if to say "You dummy, you spent all this money not only on surgery, but also on me, and you're not even using me! Look at the dust on me!"

I hate exercising. Hate it, hate it, hate it. It just seems like a waste of time to me - not that it won't help me lose weight, but just TIME I could be doing something else that I enjoy.

I need a kick in the butt. Seriously.

You just need to find a form of exercise you enjoy. You might like curves if you have one where you are at. I go 5 mornings a week before work so I can get it done. If you do not enjoy the treadmill you are going to look at it as punishment in a way! I have come to enjoy bike riding and have missed it the last few days while my bike was being repaired. I have also found that in the evenings (the days when I am not at work) I go for a walk so that I will not give in to the munchies.(I have my Dh go with me so we have that alone time together and he needs the exercise anyway!) Keep looking you will find something.

YOU CAN DO IT

Went in for my 4th appt today, and ended up getting a whole whopping .1 cc fill. Guess I've been at restriction since the 2nd fill and sorta-kinda-knew I had restriction but everyone else seems to take so long to get to that sweet spot, I guess I thought there was no way I could be there just with the 2nd fill. I was wrong!

Dr. K says I'm doing perfectly, right on target with 2 lbs per week. July 5th is my 3 month Bandiversary so I'm going to take measurements all over again and I'll post what I've lost in inches - I'm excited to see that because I know I've lost 2 sizes already at this point.

I'm feeling pretty good about myself today, confident, knowing that I am working my band the right way. I will say that in the last two weeks I have really been paying close attention to that satisfied feeling and stopping when I feel it. It's taken me 3 months to finally know what to look for and that has made a world of difference. I really had to break that "clean your plate" mentality instilled by my mother. I think that was harder than quitting smoking! I've also had to learn (and re-learn, and re-learn) how much to put on my plate, and reminding myself I can always get more if I'm still hungry. My husband has been fantastic at helping me with that.

I hope everyone has a fantastic holiday weekend - and Happy 3 Month Bandiversary to everyone in our group!

Carlene

Nice! I got my 2nd fill yesterday. Another cc on top of the 6 I got on the first fill. Nice restriction for now.