Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I agree with all of these suggestions, but since the OP has already tried OTC medicine, suppositories, juice, and an enema, I'd suggest it's time to call your doctor and tell her what you've already tried and see what she thinks. It could be an impaction. Good luck!!

First you have to unblock yourself from below before the oral remedies can start to work from the top . So go to CVS or Walgreen and purchase Ducolax Suppository you may need two to work. they are a simulant that will get the lower colon to spasm to push the hard stool out then, buy Miralax the name brand not generic and take it up to 3 times a day. Please stay away from fibercon or Psyllium type of products!.... dont want to be nasty but it will turn your poo into a Gummy like stool and it wil be hell trying to pass. Try these steps and I promise you will sing my praise!!!

Hi ,

That does make sense. Is the Dulcolax Suppositury different than the Fleet suppository? Cause I have tried the fleet.

Thank you

Hugs,

Rose

Broccoli is the thing that always get us going. If you are doing mushies, you can cook it until tender and use a hand blender or small food processor to blend it up fine, even add some chicken stock to get it to a mashed consistency. Lots of Water, too!

Thank you, I do eat broccoli but you would never know it. I am on soft solids. So I am trying spinach too.

Thank you

Hugs,

Rose

My doc said that the first line of defense is to increase your Water intake. How much Water are you drinking? I'd bet it's not enough. Consume 80 ounces of water tomorrow and see what happens. Those Fiber and stool products DO NOT work properly unless you increase your water intake.

Thank you for your reply. It all sounds true. I will increase my water.

Hugs,

Rose

Where can I buy this tea? Maybe I can have some on hand.

Thank you so much.

Hugs,

Rose

I buy mine at the military commissary. You can probably find it in any health food store or major grocery chain. Believe me, it works!!!

Okay I could have written this myself! I am right there with you. I stayed regular until my first fill in the beginning of May. Since then, I have been constipated like nothing I have ever experienced. After the first week, I was able to get things moving with some Ex-Lax and lost 7 pounds; then another week of nothing, took dulcolax and lost 9 pounds. At this point it's now been nearly 2 weeks of no movement at all. I have tried Milk of Magnesia, both those laxatives, benefiber, metamucil, salads daily, stool softeners, you name it. I finally called my nurse hotline Tuesday night who told me to head up for x-rays in case I was impacted. So I went to the hospital Tuesday night, they told me they didn't see an impaction, only that I was definitely constipated. They gave me a drink of Magnesium Citrate and told me to take 1/2 when I got home and that I'd be cleaned out within 30 minutes. They said if I needed anything more, which they doubted I could take the other half 12 hours later. So after drinking this, I went to bed with no progress made. Yesterday I had a visit with my surgeon, explained everything to him and he said to stop taking everything. He told me I need to drink a gallon of Water a day for the next 3 days and if things haven't progressed to call him back. So far today, I have made a small amount of progress but I'll admit I have not been able to consume but half the amount he requested. Tomorrow I am going to try harder and be more dilligent with my water drinking. I think that water is seriously the key to this so despite being completely FOS (as my surgeons office put it lol) I am going to try the natural way and just drink like a fish and hope for the best. Good luck to everyone else who is also dealing with this!!

fruit juice like Apple or what ever makes you go is a good thing. Plus you are getting in liquids, that count.

I can tell you from experience that drinking lots of Water doesn't always do the trick. I am 6 months post op and drink 80-100 oz per day but within the last couple of weeks I have become more and more constipated. The PA at my surgeon's office told me to use Benefiber daily to prevent it...that's well and good but what to do about the what's already blocked up? Today, I realized that I was heading quickly towards being impacted so I used a Fleet enema to take care of business...it wasn't fun and it hurt a bit but I feel a million times better and I will definitely be taking the Benefiber every day from now on.

I feel your pain Rosemarie I am 4 days post op as I was SO CONSTIPATED I thought I was trying to pass a brick. I had taken mylanta it didn't work. I was told the pain meds would cause Constipation. Anyway sent my husband to the store he came back with liquid stool softener ducolax it like a powder n u mix it with Water or any other liquid n drink it. I drank it and waited about an hour and a half. Im sorry to be graphic but this truthful and I hope helpful information. I was already impacted from prior attempts so like you I had to resort to drastic measures a manually remove the blockage once I did that I could feel how the liquid ducolax had gone straight to the point a started to liquify the poop. This morning I n felt the need to and I

The rest just flowed out. I hope u try the liquid it works from the upper n goes right where u need it. Good luck because I know it is a miserable feeling.

I still think maybe 1 or 2 Enemas would be needed to flush it all lose, and then the product mentioned above, or

CITRIC MAGNESSIA, (TASTE LIKE 7-UP, AND IT WORKS> I KNOW FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCE.) You would have to probably ask your pharmacist for it. Just keep taking something to keep regular daily

don't be embarrassed - as you can see it's a problem a lot of us are having. I do the Water aqnd Miralax/ducalax mixed with water daily. In the beginning when when I started Clear Liquids I was ok ...from there was BAD, , I thought I may be impacted. After about 9 days of nothing working, I used a small dose of epson salts and water - WARNINING this is for serious situations only, I was in the bathroom most of the day clearing myself out. I went from 217 to 205 weight wise. My nurse warned me not to do this all the time, as it dehydradrates you, but at that point I was completely swollen from all the water I was drinking.

I'm going to the DR today and will talk to him - but honestly - if nothing else works, this will, just don't use alot to start and don't make any plans for a bit.