Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

little over 2 month update

Hello Everybody, new bandsters and old =) here is my diet, exercise, and daily stuff

I just wanted to share my success and ups and downs so far.

i was banded on 3/32/2011. at surgery i had 5 cc's in. i have had fills and now am at 6cc's.

i think that may just be the right spot, not hungry at all =)

my food has been :

730am coffee with equal and cream ( i never skimp on the cream)

my chewable muli vitiman

830am Water with flavored benefiber

1030am Water

1230 Breakfast , 100 cal muscle milk light, I have tried the eas advanage ones, but for some strange reason they make me hungry, so now i only have the mm light

230 coffee with 1/2 and 1/2

330 water with benefiber

430 lunch mm light

630 water with benefiber

830 dinner, 1/2 head of romaine lettuce, i small Tomato, red onion, feta or gorganzola cheese, garlic expressions dressing

1/2 cup chicken salad ( light mayo, canned chicken, red onion) or fish, chicken brest, OR veggies are my fav , stema fresh garlic califlower smashed up with a laughing cow french onion square mmmm

I also have sf popcicles at night and sometimes snack on almonds.

i found i could eat a lot more till my last fill ( thursday) and now it def seems like im really full after less food so i guess that is right =)

my exercise is walking my dog every am, up and down some big hills, and i sell cars so im pretty active through out the day.

I can feelmy port now, weird. and so far it had been great, i wish i did it when i wa in my 20's instead of my 30's.

i started at 267 and now at at 230, my goal is 150.

I have not been stuck, in pain, thrown up, had a slimy or anything bad, just my first fill i had a Vasovagal attack , which was scarry, but 2nd fill was fine.

I have been up and down my whole life, highest weigh was 300 and lowest was 180 so im veryy happy I had my lapband put in. i regret not doin it sooner !!

i did have a ice cream sunday at outback one night, but for the most part i do not eat many carbs and eat one meal a day. i still do have bad cravings when i am pmsing, and will eat a small piece of dove chocolate , or 2 lol

and today i had a 1/2 of a 1/2 of subway 6inch turkey flatbread with avacado, just to test out my new fill, and it worked, full and not wanting any more

if anybody has any questions feel free to email me.

i love this talk page, its geat for all of us

I'm so happy for you! It was exciting to hear your progress, and to see that you can still eat some reg food just a tiny amount without spitting up or any of that stuff! I hope I can get where you are soon! I was banded on May 25th so I'm still on the full liquid until the last week of June!

I'm so happy for you! It was exciting to hear your progress, and to see that you can still eat some reg food just a tiny amount without spitting up or any of that stuff! I hope I can get where you are soon! I was banded on May 25th so I'm still on the full liquid until the last week of June!

Hi Mandy-

Congratulations on your surgery =) I do remember that, my surgeon had me on 1 full week of clear, 3 full weeks of shakes, and then mushies wich were no carb, Also after a fill its like just being banded for a few days after again. I love sugar free popcicles, they really get me through the tough times if i have them.

You will do great !! there are so many different diets and ways of eating, your surgeon will have you do what works for you.

Keep up the good work, and stay strong, liquids are def a tough time, but in no time at all you will be chew chew chewing again !! I

Thanks for sharing all of that. I was a little curious about the vasovagal attack. Did you ever have those prior? I was diagnosed with cardio neurogenic syncope when I was younger because I would have these episodes several times a month. I had to alert all my teachers and friends about it because it would suddenly happen. Usually I could tell people, I'm not feeling well...and by that point I was just about on the ground. So did you ever have problems prior or did they say how you can avoid that in the future??

I have not been stuck, in pain, thrown up, had a slimy or anything bad, just my first fill i had a Vasovagal attack , which was scarry, but 2nd fill was fine.

Thanks for sharing all of that. I was a little curious about the vasovagal attack. Did you ever have those prior? I was diagnosed with cardio neurogenic syncope when I was younger because I would have these episodes several times a month. I had to alert all my teachers and friends about it because it would suddenly happen. Usually I could tell people, I'm not feeling well...and by that point I was just about on the ground. So did you ever have problems prior or did they say how you can avoid that in the future??

No never before , it was very strange, i think it may have been a combo of things, my first fill, nerves, and of course the fill itself, my nurse on thursday told me that when the lap band is placed, they try to get it right around our vegas nerve which has to do with hunger, The fill must have just stimulated my nerve and hence my attack, I did not pass out but sure felt like I was going to. My best freind is a nurse, after i told her what happend she right away said it was a vasovagal attack, she said it could it may never happen again or it could, no way to know. =)

to avoid it i was told that raising my blood pressure, and laying down so my blood is not rushing from my head. also to clench fist really fast, to bring my blood pressure up. hope this helps =)

Great job sounds like you are having a good time :)

Hello Everybody, new bandsters and old =) here is my diet, exercise, and daily stuff

I just wanted to share my success and ups and downs so far.

i was banded on 3/32/2011. at surgery i had 5 cc's in. i have had fills and now am at 6cc's.

i think that may just be the right spot, not hungry at all =)

my food has been :

730am coffee with equal and cream ( i never skimp on the cream)

my chewable muli vitiman

830am Water with flavored benefiber

1030am Water

1230 Breakfast , 100 cal muscle milk light, I have tried the eas advanage ones, but for some strange reason they make me hungry, so now i only have the mm light

230 coffee with 1/2 and 1/2

330 water with benefiber

430 lunch mm light

630 water with benefiber

830 dinner, 1/2 head of romaine lettuce, i small Tomato, red onion, feta or gorganzola cheese, garlic expressions dressing

1/2 cup chicken salad ( light mayo, canned chicken, red onion) or fish, chicken brest, OR veggies are my fav , stema fresh garlic califlower smashed up with a laughing cow french onion square mmmm

I also have sf popcicles at night and sometimes snack on almonds.

i found i could eat a lot more till my last fill ( thursday) and now it def seems like im really full after less food so i guess that is right =)

my exercise is walking my dog every am, up and down some big hills, and i sell cars so im pretty active through out the day.

I can feelmy port now, weird. and so far it had been great, i wish i did it when i wa in my 20's instead of my 30's.

i started at 267 and now at at 230, my goal is 150.

I have been up and down my whole life, highest weigh was 300 and lowest was 180 so im veryy happy I had my lapband put in. i regret not doin it sooner !!

i did have a ice cream sunday at outback one night, but for the most part i do not eat many carbs and eat one meal a day. i still do have bad cravings when i am pmsing, and will eat a small piece of dove chocolate , or 2 lol

and today i had a 1/2 of a 1/2 of subway 6inch turkey flatbread with avacado, just to test out my new fill, and it worked, full and not wanting any more

if anybody has any questions feel free to email me.

i love this talk page, its geat for all of us

I knew they put it around a nerve, I read about the vasovagal attack and it sounded similar to my syncope episodes. Mine is something to do with my blood pressure being too low and my body then tells my heart that my bp is too high and it makes it drop low and that causes the fainting. It's a horrible feeling! But right after I pass out, I usually wake up right away and I feel fine within about 5 minutes. But yes, laying down will help the blood to pump better and having your legs bent as well. I was hoping having the band wasn't going to start causing more episodes! Those are scary!

No never before , it was very strange, i think it may have been a combo of things, my first fill, nerves, and of course the fill itself, my nurse on thursday told me that when the lap band is placed, they try to get it right around our vegas nerve which has to do with hunger, The fill must have just stimulated my nerve and hence my attack, I did not pass out but sure felt like I was going to. My best freind is a nurse, after i told her what happend she right away said it was a vasovagal attack, she said it could it may never happen again or it could, no way to know. =)

to avoid it i was told that raising my blood pressure, and laying down so my blood is not rushing from my head. also to clench fist really fast, to bring my blood pressure up. hope this helps =)

I was banded on April 15th..... no Fluid n band.... I started at 296 , and now weigh n at 263 .... went into my dr visit thinking i was gonna get my first fill, BECAUSE, I am hungry all the time and eating alot more, well NOPE , no fill for me, he said i had lost 13lbs since my last mths visit and that i was doing ok.. no fill till i need it... Im kinda angry cause I am working my butt off , but still yet was waiting for this fill so i wouldnt be hungry. and loose weight just alittle faster lol... I have no patience for nothing haaha .. I go back on the 27th, I really HOPE he will give me a fill... beach bound in August, so I am really wanting to look really good before then lol.. anyone else n the same boat as me??!?!

I was banded on April 15th..... no Fluid n band.... I started at 296 , and now weigh n at 263 .... went into my dr visit thinking i was gonna get my first fill, BECAUSE, I am hungry all the time and eating alot more, well NOPE , no fill for me, he said i had lost 13lbs since my last mths visit and that i was doing ok.. no fill till i need it... Im kinda angry cause I am working my butt off , but still yet was waiting for this fill so i wouldnt be hungry. and loose weight just alittle faster lol... I have no patience for nothing haaha .. I go back on the 27th, I really HOPE he will give me a fill... beach bound in August, so I am really wanting to look really good before then lol.. anyone else n the same boat as me??!?!

I was banded on 4/26/11 and I'm in bandster hell right now!! I am always hungry, my stomach is always growling, and I could easily eat just as much as I could eat before I was banded. At my last checkup I told my doctor that I was way too hungry and told him that I wanted a fill. After he lectured me about having to do the work myself and not relying on the band to do all the work for me, he agreed that a fill was in order. Did you tell your doctor that you are always hungry? I was wondering if it's ok for us, as patients, to "demand" a fill even if the doctor doesn't agree we need it...I mean we know our own bodies, right? Has anyone ever had to battle their doctor to get a fill?

I was banded on 4/26/11 and I'm in bandster hell right now!! I am always hungry, my stomach is always growling, and I could easily eat just as much as I could eat before I was banded. At my last checkup I told my doctor that I was way too hungry and told him that I wanted a fill. After he lectured me about having to do the work myself and not relying on the band to do all the work for me, he agreed that a fill was in order. Did you tell your doctor that you are always hungry? I was wondering if it's ok for us, as patients, to "demand" a fill even if the doctor doesn't agree we need it...I mean we know our own bodies, right? Has anyone ever had to battle their doctor to get a fill?

I did for my first fill, after the swelling went down from my surgery, i def noticed a change, could eat more, snacking, looking for food, i asked for one !!

after the 1st i still needed a little more,now with my second im almost there ~~~

also pay attention to what u are eating, i noticed that eas carb advatange shakes made me starving, strange but they did, now with just the muscle milke lights its better

i had to wait 6 or 8 weeks i think b4 a fill, it takes a while b4 u can have the first one, just try to be good, its a long orocess, you will be great for August !!!

Thank you for your post... Sounds like you are where u need to be.. I hope I get there soon.. Keep up the good work :)