Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will u throw out your "big" clothes

I'm already starting a big bag of winter clothes (it's been in the 90's this week) so I will never need them again! I'm donating all of them except keeping 1 pair of my jeans to look at and hopefully fit into 1 pantleg some day :) I agree with everyone...donate them, sell them, just get rid of them!

I was just discussing this very subject today- mine will be DONATED DONATED - no more Big Girl store in my closet too many sizes -- And it will make room for all the new clothes I will need in the next year :):lol:

:rolleyes:Look for a MEDICAL STAFFING COMPANY AND A SCHOOL THAT TEACHES MEDICAL

PROFFESSIONALS - THERE ARE MANY STUDENTS AND STAFF WHIO WOULD LOVE THE

SCRUBS (as lquote name='pinknsassyemt' timestamp='1307305325' post='1622231']

My biggest "sad" moment is all my scrubs. I am a scrub "*****" and have about 30 sets, all top of the line, newest styles and @ 25.00 a piece. I am hoping to find someone to donate them too, but I don't want to offend anyone by asking if they want them.. So... I am going to use this post.. if there are any medical professionals that need 2x, XL scrubs send me a message and as I shrink out of them I will send them on their way.

:rolleyes:Look for a MEDICAL STAFFING COMPANY AND A SCHOOL THAT TEACHES MEDICAL

PROFFESSIONALS - THERE ARE MANY STUDENTS AND STAFF WHIO WOULD LOVE THE

SCRUBS (as lquote name='pinknsassyemt' timestamp='1307305325' post='1622231']

My biggest "sad" moment is all my scrubs. I am a scrub "*****" and have about 30 sets, all top of the line, newest styles and @ 25.00 a piece. I am hoping to find someone to donate them too, but I don't want to offend anyone by asking if they want them.. So... I am going to use this post.. if there are any medical professionals that need 2x, XL scrubs send me a message and as I shrink out of them I will send them on their way.

I have been in size 18+ for the last 15 years or so. Now that my clothes are starting to get big, I am debating on what to do with the stuff after I cant fit into at anymore.

Are u donating them or storing them away? If I store them, is that my head thinking I might need them again someday?

I have gotten rid of all my big cloths. Keeping them was just a reminder for me, I donated some to Good Will and Salvation Army. There are also a large group of women at my work who have had the surgery so we have been handing down some of our cloths, this has helped cut down on purchasing a bunch of summer out fits for some of us. I did keep one pair of jeans that I want to take my picture with when I reach my goal. A reminder of how far I will have come. Good Luck!:)

A friend of mine has just got a job in a ASSISTED living Home, and she doesn't have anything to wear. We worked in a factory together, so she has nothing,,, here in Michigan.

If you want to get rid of them, I know someone who could use them.

Or if you want, list them in a yard sale with size, and I'm sure you'll sell.

Let me know, and I will have to get her address.

Shirley.

I will be glad when I get down to a size 18. Then I can ask for cloths for myself ! I'll need it.

I will donate these huge cloths to the neighborhood free store.

These women are retired up where I live, so they are some B I G Girls, that are retired or whatever. But there are no big girl shops up here. So it will be handy for them.

I will keep a pair for remembrance. By the time I would regain all that weight (AND I WONT !) The cloths would be long out of style..

yup, I will donate. You guys are definatly right that I wont need to go back there. good advice that I should start with all my winter stuff. If all goes right I will be down to a 14 (hopefully 12) by the fall, so might as well get rid of them now.

Ps, my mom asked me if I had lost 30 pounds today, I said no, only 23. She said well it looks like 30. Love that... ;)

I have a pile of clothes in the corner of my bedroom. As things get too big, they go in the pile. Purple Heart calls periodically asking for donations so now whenever they call, I tell them that I do have a donation, bag them up, and put them out. I have to make room for the smaller clothes as I get smaller.

I will sell them in a yard sale and what doesn't sell will be added to the clothes closet I run to support local charities.

YES!!! I have already started a box to donate! It's been very exciting having to retire clothing that are actually TOO BIG I can't wear them any more! I have a renewed interest in fashion and accessories. I agree that we need to let go and look forward to smaller sizes and not anticipate getting bigger again. :)

I threw away some, donated some and gave some away to those who needed them :) I asked on my blog and some people wanted some stuff.

I am donating a huge pile of clothes to Goodwill this week. I'm glad someone else can use them and I don't plan on ever wearing them again!

I have TONS of clothes already! I have lost a bit of weight on my own before i started this LapBand Journey. So I plan on going to a consignment store and have a garage sale, whatever is left gets donated to a abused women's shelter. I will keep 1 pair of jeans for a before and after pic.

I have been in size 18+ for the last 15 years or so. Now that my clothes are starting to get big, I am debating on what to do with the stuff after I cant fit into at anymore.

Are u donating them or storing them away? If I store them, is that my head thinking I might need them again someday?

I am getting rid of clothes that don't fit. I am continuing to visualize a thinner, fitter me.