Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Checking In with March Bandsters

Just wanted to check in with my fellow bandsters... How is it going for you? I am losng weight, slowly but losing. I have lost about 34 pounds. I exercise 6-7 times a week. I have not been able to master the eating as timely as we are supposed too, but when I do eat I only eat the right foods. Snacking is very rare. I don't regret this band, and I am glad I did it. I have had two fills... I have 6 1/2 cc in a 14 band. Both of my fills hurt, but it only lasted seconds....What about you?

How much weight ave you lost?

What is your band and how much do you have in it?

Do you exercise? How much?

Do you eat properly? 3-5 time a day?

What kind of foods do you eat?

Any regrets?

Looking forward to your responses! :success1:

I was banded on march 23rd, as of now I have no fill.. My weight when I started the 10 day pre- op was 317lbs.. Today I am 278lbs.. I told my doc i did NOT want a fill till absoutly necessary, I go in on June 2nd for another apt, and my body is ready for it.. I have only lost 3 lbs in 3 weeks.. Normal day for me eating would be 2 cups of coffee.. 2 string cheese .. 1 can of tuna with low fat mayo on 9 grain bread.. 2 packs of apple and cinnamon oatmeal.. And 3 liters of Water a day.. That's pretty much what I have been eating since I could eat reg food again.. Few times I have ate a bocca chicken burger with mustard.. I try to walk at least 1 mile on the tread mill each day, I have lost 5 inches from my hips, and 7 inches from my waist.. Went down 1 bra size.. And 2 pant sizes.. I was in a very tight 26 now in a 22.. I have no regrets at all other then I should of done it sooner.. I'm kinda scared to get my first fill, only because it will be hard to adjust to a new way of eating and drinking all over again .. Hope I did not blab to much.. Lol :)

How much weight ave you lost? i have lost about 34 lbs =)

What is your band and how much do you have in it? i was filled to 5 cc at surgery, had a fillnow at 5.5cc (may need a bit more)

Do you exercise? How much? i walk my dog for a hour twice a day , we live in a hiiily area so its all up hill

Do you eat properly? 3-5 time a day? i have shakes a day, sf ice pocs, tons of Water, add benifiber to it mmm, and 1 meal a day ,protien and veggies no carbs

What kind of foods do you eat? i make chicken salad, salds, garlic mashed califlower, it tastes like mashed potatoes lol, talapia, stir frys, no carbs, Snacks are maybe a string cheese, ,but rarely snack

Any regrets?

that i did not do it sooner

So we are all coming up on our 6 months. Can you believe it has been 6 months already?

I have a brand new life! I am so happy I did this. It has been very hard work. Lately my bad habits are trying to sneak back in to my life. I am trying so hard to keep them away. Some days are better than others. :unsure:

I eat healthy and I continuously try to be a good bandster! One thing that has helped me so much is working out. I know it is pretty straight forward - work out lose more weight! But I feel the difference in myself when I miss a night (like last night <_< ). Summer has been hard, so I am looking forward to fall getting back into a regular schedule where everything doesn't revolve around bbq's and parties. I figure I have a little more than 2 months before the holidays kick off!

What has worked for you? What do you need help with? Let's help each other and Celebrate together!

I was banded on 03/23/11.

I've had a very interesting journey, it's been difficult at times but I do not regret it one little bit!

In May, I had to have my port removed due to a staph infection that I contracted in office when My Dr tried to drain a very large, painful seroma that had developed over my port area.

I had to have an endoscopy to ensure that the band was not infected or slipped, and then the port had to be removed. After that, I went home from the hospital with a PICC line and a wound vac for a month. That was NOT easy. A PICC line can be very taxing emotionally, and the wound vac is just gross. It all ended fine and in July I received my brand new port on the other side of my stomach.

Since March 23, I have lost 52.8 pounds. Mostly with no fill, due to all the drama with not having a port, etc. Right now I have 3CC's in my band and I am comfortable with that amount.

I have the non Lap Band version of the band. I can never remember the name and I don't think it really matters. ;)

I swim and I bike. I do not kill myself but I stay very active. I would like to step it up now that life has been rebalanced and join a gym. (I just went through a divorce AND I lost my job all at the same time that I was so sick with the staph infection! It was a crazy summer!!!)

I love to exercise and I love to be active.

I don't know how to answer the "do you eat properly" question. Yes, I chew my food very slowly and I do not eat more than 1 cup of food at a time. A lot of people have a lot of opinions about what is proper on this board - I would say I fall in the middle. I am not a hardcore dieter. I let myself enjoy tasty food - but I don't and can't enjoy very much of it at a time.

A typical day for me is:

Iced coffee in the morning (yes, caffeine in the form of coffee) 100 calories with the Creamer I use

I can't eat very much in the AM due to tightness in the band and I've learned not to bother trying.

lunch - now that I'm working, this is the most difficult for me - I hate fast food, I can't eat it but I feel forced because it's 1. the only thing available and 2. gets me out of the office for an hour.

I normally have a piece of chicken from somewhere and Water. Sometimes this chicken is fried. Sometimes it isn't. I can't eat a hamburger or fries or anything like that. It gets stuck.

Sometimes, I have a peice of candy in the afternoon. As in 1 mini peice of candy. This is so bizzare to me because I used to eat king sized candy bars like it was a snack. Speaking of portion sizes, how many of you order a kid's meal at a restaurant and think it's too much food?? Can you believe we feed our tiny children this much food?? Can you believe that at one point I would have thought you were crazy if you told me that a kid's meal was more than enough food for an adult!??!

I have friends who are raw vegans, and I buy my afternoon Snacks from them. Usually, it's something cleverly disguised as something else.

dinner is whatever I cook for my family. I have learned how much and what I can eat of what I cook. For instance, last night I made Pasta Fajole and garlic bread. I didn't even bother with the bread but I did enjoy the Soup with no issues. I had about 3/4 of a cup of the Soup.< /p>

I generally eat 3-4 times a day, including the coffee and including the snack. I don't pick the best choices for lunch and I think this is why my weight loss hasn't been faster.

I don't regret any part of my band but sometimes, especially when I'm REALLY HUNGRY and then I can eat like 4 bites - I get kind of frustrated. Old habits...

Hi March 2011 Bandsters...

We are coming up to our 1 year anniversary! I hope all are doing well. I have done major things in this year including a full TT this past December. My image has changed drastically and all for the better! Check in sometimes....

TT...I am so jealous. I want one. Have not lost enough. I dont think. I also think it will cost too much or my insurance will not allow it. Email me and let me know what process you went thru for financing. Please?

I am down 60lbs and am flux..between 183-186. Depending on the day. Had wonderful restriction in November until I ate salad and a pc was stuck. So sick. Had to have an unfil. Can not get perfect restriction again. I am going for another fill in the morning. We are going on vacation soon and I do not want the temptation to over do it.

I am down from a tight size 20 pants to a loose 14. Loving my new body.

Not really working out. Walk. I have a toddler at home, and two at school. Keeps me from getting into a good cardio.

Was doing zumba until my 9 yr old decided to laugh at me. LOL. She was laughing because she never saw mommy doing that.

But now I can not seem to do it.

Soooo, want a tt. You lucky duck.