Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Baby Food or NO baby food?

Instead of puree-ing your food...couldn't we just use baby food? Some websites have said yes...others have said no. When I chat with others it's always a mixed review... please help!

Well a few comments on that - baby food does have some additives and may not be flavored the way you would personally like it. The nice thing about pureeing your own food is that you can cook it and flavor it how YOU want it. Home cooking usually tastes better than a jar :) Plus you can play with the consistency by adding a little Water or broth. So personally, I'd prefer to do it myself over the baby food. I wouldn't say baby food is bad for you...but as far as taste, you may like your own cooking better.

I ate baby food and still do actually. I loved the sweet potatoes I just added cinnamon and stevia and they were awsome! Same thing with the apples and pairs! I am almost 3 months post op and I have struggled a bit over the last month with no restriction at all and then too much at once. But now Im right on track and I actually still eat banana baby food for a snack when I need it. My doctor said it was perfectly fine and a good idea. Just get the beginning stage now. and once ou have restriction go up to the Stage 3 or stage 4!

I'm not on the mushees/purees yet but I've been thinking about it. The whole consistency of the food is whats scaring... drinking baked chicken doesn't sound too appetizing. lol what's worki ng for u?

Good mushies are mash potatoes, puree broccoli and cheese. I cooked a LOT of different stuff. remeber mushies have consistancy they are not liquid. I bought a magic bullet that thing is my best friend!!! I also ate yogart, sugar free fat free pudding, canned chicken pureed with stewed tomatoes. Basically my doc told me that mushie stage was consistancy -no lumps but mild bumps- lol.

It's up to you. I did not eat baby food.

pureed chili was my savior during that particular stage. Between that, ricotta cheese bake, yogurt, cottage cheese, and refried Beans, I did not personally feel the need to resort to baby food.< /p>

nice mint!

Got anymore tips?

lol sounding delicious.

You could use baby food, but why? You can make your own, even when my kids where just starting on solids, I would make extra veggies at dinner, then puree them in the magic bullet with Water and put into ice tray. Baby food is no more than the veggie or friut and water. Why pay all that money when you can buy a bag of frozen veggies or fruit and make your own? Just a thought, give it a try!

@stateofzen

U made your own chili? or was it premade?

i liked Mashed Potatoes, with Gravy, Re fried Beans pureed with cheese sauce on it, and I used salsa sometimes. Devil Egg yokes, and smash up the egg whites, and stir it all in, It's really very good. Chili made from Turkey Burger, and pulse that a few times in the blender, and flavored watery oatmeal.< /p>

i started mushies today and considered baby food, but so far i've ruled it out. gonna stick to the basics of mashed potatoes, tuna, refried Beans, pudding, yogurt. i'm just starting to have an appetite,although it is small. i spoke with the dietician today and it appears that once i start introducing more food, my appetite will increase! ugh!!!:angry: i am totally ok with not having an appetite and losing 15 pounds in 3 weeks, but i know that's not realistic. oh well a girl can dream cant she! LOL

You could, but why would you want to.. I didn't even really puree things, I just ate foods that are mushy like chili, Soup, oatmeal..

Well I can't wait to move to that stage. Lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches