Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hellp me i postpond my sergery due on 31st may

hi my name is maria and i just started to read this forum guys i am reading this forum for last three days and i had the lap band sergery on 31st of may but now i am very confused after reading ur stories so i postpond my sergery yesterday i am 104 kg and my BMI is 41 and i have no any medical issues i am very scared that if i go for sergery than i can have all these pains like stomach pain tightning in chest gas and so on . i want to quick fix but i don't think it is quick fix for me i tried so many things like shakes i went to dietician but every time i loose my weight around 6 to 7 kg and then gave up and it came back again.i can't do exercise i never done in my whole life and still don't want to do so if i go for this sergery than i still need to do exercise its look like i am buying pain by giving money am i right plz help me i am very upset don't know what to do i am going to see my doctor today to discuss all these things .

plz give me ur views am i doing right to don't go for this lap band and try to loose weight with shakes as i am already on shakes for pre op diet.

my personality is like that i cant take pain and if it happens to me that i want to remove the band and u know its gona be waste of money.

plz guys help me what ur experiences say.

This is just my opinion, but if you are not sure, don't do it! The lap band is not a quick fix, but a committment to a lifestyle change. It is a tool, not a "miracle pill". I do not have unrealistic expectations, I know I have to follow the Dr's recommendations and follow the food plan. Also, there is some pain, or at least discomfort after surgery, because it is a surgery! For me, I didn't have enough pain to need pain medications, but still I have had some mild pain. I had my lap band surgery on May 24th, so I am definitely a newbie, but I have talked to alot of people. Some have fabulous results, and some do not. There is no way to tell which one you will be. So, go to a seminar, ask questions, talk to others, and talk to your Dr. until you feel you are sure. Hope this helps.