Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please tell me how it feels?

My surgery is tomorrow!!!! OMG I am so scared and nervous! Please tell me what to expect after surgery? I know I will be sore, ofcourse and have read things about people having painful gas. I guess I would just like to be reassured. I am freaking myself out!

Follow me: www.hopefulbandster.blogspot.com

You will do wonderful:-) I don't have a surgery date scheduled yet, but I am also nervous.....but so excited too! I think it is very normal. Please keep us posted! :)

Congrats!

Of course it is normal to freak out before any surgery. From my experience, what you can expect after surgery is what you already posted. You may or may not be sore. You may or may not have gas pain. You may or may not leave the hospital immediately following surgery. Every person is different and how every person responds to surgery is different. I had a lot of pain after surgery and had to stay an additional night in the hospital. I had my surgery 12/28/2010 and my only regret about the surgery is that I did not do it sooner. I began my journey in January 2010 at 251 lbs and as of today I am 206. This is the longest period of continuous loss that I have experienced in my life and I am very thankful for this wonderful tool that was placed inside of me. Best of luck to you with your surgery tomorrow. You will not regret it. I highly recommend GasX strips for after surgery!

My surgery is tomorrow!!!! OMG I am so scared and nervous! Please tell me what to expect after surgery? I know I will be sore, ofcourse and have read things about people having painful gas. I guess I would just like to be reassured. I am freaking myself out!

Follow me: www.hopefulbandster.blogspot.com

Of course you're nervous...you're having surgery! :)

But as long as you have educated yourself and understand the work that needs to be done on your part, you will be fine.

I was banded on 4/26/11 so today is my 1-month anniversary! I was sore for a while. I stayed overnight in the hospital because that's how my surgeon works...everyone stays overnight. But I was up and walking about 5 hours after my surgery. They really wanted me to get up and walk. I will be honest...I felt like I was hit by a bus! I've had laproscopic surgery before (for gallbladder) and I've given birth naturally twice...and this surgery kicked my butt. My surgeon said that it's common to have a lot of soreness and fatigue after abdominal surgery.

The first week was definitely the hardest. I was sore, especially around the port area. By the third day I wanted more than just broth or Water. But I stuck it out and got through 8 days of clear liquid. I'm not a big fan of the Protein shakes so that was hard for me (finally decided to just use unflavored powder). I thought that I would "bounce back" quickly...but it took me a good 3.5 weeks to really start to feel good and not have the pulling on my incisions. I also had a hernia fixed during my surgery so that could explain my prolonged soreness.

I would say that I have only started to feel like my old self within the last 5 days. I don't have the soreness anymore. I am able to walk and bend over and pretty much do anything that I could do before the surgery. I can sleep on my side now which is great because I wasn't getting much sleep laying on my back. This past weekend I did some "Spring cleaning" around the house and couldn't believe the amount of energy I had!

Good luck to you! I'm sure you will be fine!