Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I might be at my sweet spot fisrt fill?

I went for my first fill (which is a really wierd feing). And I guess I did have a little bit in there to begin with, which the nurse was surprised at. So she put in 5.5cc and I already had 1cc in there. My band is the small one 10cc.

So she got me up and I took a little sip of Water and it got stuck right away. wasnt going anywhere. So she took out .75 and I could feel it trickle down.

So my question is, will this be my sweet spot for awhile? I made an apointment fow two weeks, but she said I probably wouldnt need one then.

You may not need another one in 2 weeks. A 5.5 fill seems mighty large! I had surgery in December and I'm only at 5.25 right now.

Wow, thats an aggressive fill!! I had my first fill on 5/16 (surgery was 4/5) and they gave me .5 cc with the 1 cc I had in there for a total of 1.5 cc's. I am surprised they would go up so fast. I think you will be good for a while since most people seem to get restriction after 3 to 4 fills of .5 to 1.5 cc's at a time (total around 5 cc's in a 10 cc band). I am not complaining though because I am lucky to have some restriction already with 1.5 :)

Wow that's large. I'm 5 months out and just had my first fill today (hadn't needed one prior) and he gave me 0.75cc. Felt it was pretty small, but not sure if I really need to much. We'll see how it goes once I go back to solids in 7 days I guess since I have 2 days at each stage.

Hope your fill works out for you!

My doc does 4-5cc on the first fill. I wouldn't think of it as being your sweet spot yet- you need to live with it a couple of weeks and see how it settles. I just don't want you discouraged if the swelling goes down and it doesn't seem to be helping! If it's helping to keep you full 4-5 hours, it's doing it's job. If you're PBing and sliming all the time, it's too tight.

My first fill was May 6th. I was given 4.2 ccs. I thought it was my sweet spot until I lost weight. The more weight I lost the more I Iost that filling of being full so quick. I'll be scheduling my second fill soon.

The rn who does the fills has a lapband, so she says she is very aggressive the first time cause she knows how frustrating it is to not get to your spot quickly enough. So I guess I am lucky? We will see how it goes. She will only do tweeks from now on.

The rn who does the fills has a lapband, so she says she is very aggressive the first time cause she knows how frustrating it is to not get to your spot quickly enough. So I guess I am lucky? We will see how it goes. She will only do tweeks from now on.

I came out of surgery with 3cc's. Got 1cc at my first fill, but the nurse hesitated to give that because I was losing so well.

I found I needed a little increase in Fluid for every 20 to 25 lbs lost. 2 weeks will probably be too soon. I'd give it a month or more. :)

Im kinda scared to start eating. I havent really had a stuck episode as of yet. Things will sometimes go down kinda slow, but it seems like im gonna go frkm one extreme to another. liquids today and soft tomorrow. So we will see how friday goes.

Sorry about all the posts, dont know what I did:)

Man, some of you guys are so lucky to already have fills in your band and aggressive fills. My surgeon won't even think about a fill until 6 weeks out and then it's small and slow to get to the "green zone". I know that he is a great doctor, but sometimesI wish I had all of your luck! I can't wait for my first fill! Good luck to all of you!

I was banded at the end of March 2011 at the end of June I will be having my 3rd fill. All seems to be working well, just don't have a real good restriction yet. Losing pounds slowly, not hungry from at least 4 hours between Protein Drink and or meal. Just not real comfortable with the lack of restriction I have. No problem eating meals, no issues of stuck or feeling food pass. My doctor just does small fills.

I had surgery 04/21/11... Last friday I traveled to Tijuana for my first fill. My doctor does it under fluoro. My fill was 7cc's. I had nothing in my band to begin with.

My Dr. decided to go aggresive since my presurgery BMI was 29. He says he's done this with a hand full of patients and works great. He also decided to go this route since I was staying in San Diego for the weekend, so I was close enough to go back if I had any issues.

He put me on liquids for 24 hrs... Solids after that...

The day of the fill I was scared to death but I toleraded my liquids fine... So it is 6 days after my fill and everything is good; no stuck, no PB... And eating pretty well....

Yea I only had one, 5.5ccs and I'm good. My hunger is gone completely. Give it a few weeks.. then if your hunger is gone you are good!

<div><br></div><div>I don't feel i'll need another one, unless my hunger returns (maybe when I lose a lot more weight)</div>