Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How quickly were you up and about?

it took me 8 days to be able to do ANYTHING for more than 10 minutes, that includes standing up, shopping at the market... everyone is different, of course but there's no way i could have even gone to work sitting at a desk the first 7 days. but you're daughter is young and if she's active than her healing time may be much shorter. lots of people seem to recover quite quickly. hope she does! keep us updated

By the 7th, she'll still be in a lot of discomfort because of the gas, but she'll be able to sit there. I know that I was doing fine 3 days post-op. Everyone is different, but she can do anything that she puts her mind to. Sometimes pain is just in the mind. School's important and health is important. She'll just have to decide if she's willing to work through it. My surgery was on Wed and went back to school the following Monday. I was hardly in any discomfort at school on Monday. In fact, I am going to school for cosmetology and was able to stay on my feet and cut hair for 8 hours w/o complaint. Then again, everyone's different and everyone has a different pain level. Anyway, good luck to her!

You are all wonderful for your responses - thanks so much. We are going on the assumption that she'll be able to sit, even if uncomfortably, in class on Tues. for part of class at a minimum - if it turns out she can't, then she won't. Bigger problem now is trying to get thru the Protein Drink diet until surgery!!!! She's sticking with it but not happily - gosh, she's mean when she's hungry! I sympathize and understand and even offered solid food, atleast this week - a little white meat chicken, etc. She's having some veggies with the shakes but not feeling satisfied. Understandable. It's so interesting to see so many different pre-operation preps - some have a 2 week liquid fast, some a couple of days, some not at all. All so different, it's interesting. Her liver isn't enlarged so if she gets too crazy, I woúldn't mind her eating something like chicken or eggs once during the day. 4 or 5 days before surgery though it will be stick to it to the letter. Good luck to everyone who hasn't been banded yet.

Will keep posting on our progress.

I had surgery on a Tuesday and went back to work on Monday.