Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seafood fest the past few days!

Okay, so I am about 2 1/2 weeks post op. I got the "okay" from the doctor to eat solids again. I'm allowed to eat anything in moderation except for rice, pastas, breads, etc. That news made me sad because of no carbs (which I am a CARBOHOLIC!) Anywho, I have been craving seafood.

Yesterday and today I have had tons of crab dipped in lemon/salt/pepper. I went easy on the salt that's for sure.

Doctor said it was good Protein and low in fat. I don't have cholesterol so I'm not so worried about that. It's just a craving-phase.

Have you eaten seafood (if you're a seafood lover). The only thing I haven't eaten is raw oysters. I don't think it's a good idea yet.

I live in New Orleans where seafood is a staple...I eat it frequently. I am 5 months post surgery and still have not had raw oysters (I have had them charbroiled). The only issue I have had is that because most seafood has few calories it makes it difficult for me to get my calories in.

Have you eaten seafood (if you're a seafood lover). The only thing I haven't eaten is raw oysters. I don't think it's a good idea yet.

Living on the Gulf Coast of Florida lends itself to wonderful seafood allyear round. I am 5 months post op and I have seafood 2 or 3 times per week. Grouper, shrimp, raw oysters, Mahi and scallops are among my favs. Actually the Raw oysters were one of my first "solid" foods.... I think I had them a few weeks after beginning real food again. Of course here in FL we have a rule of thumb.... raw oysters should only be consummed in months which have an R in them. I believe that wouldnt be the same for colder Water harvest areas.

I'm not a huge seafood fan but I've been on a tilapia kick! I love it.

I eat seafood at least 3 times a week - often more. It's good stuff...And I'm from Maine, so it's almost a sin to not like it in my opinion :)

I don't know what I would do without seafood. I always have salmon, tilapia, tuna fish and shrimp in the house. Tilapia and Mahi Mahi are so easy to make with just spraying olive oil and some salt, pepper and dill.

I have tuna fish for lunch about twice a week wrapped in lettuce being conscious of the mercury not to have it a lot. I could eat tuna everyday, seriously. I've really started to enjoy grilled salmon. I love lox but never got into eating a filet of salmon.

The nice thing about seafood is that it makes going out to eat a lot easier. It's easier to modify fish orders to cook the fish in less oil and find unbreaded/unencrusted options.

Last night I had 6 medium steamed shrimp with cocktail sauce and sauteed garlic spinach. Delish!

Love seafood! I eat it every day. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to eat shrimp but I have to fill so I think that might be why I can. The rest of the time I eat tilapia, halibut, salmon, tuna, trout.... all delicious and really high quality sources of Protein.< /p>

Love seafood. I eat it all the time. Have trouble with shrimp now but thats OK. I was wondering how a raw oster would work. But the more I think about it hmmm it could be a slidder food LOL......

I'm from the Midwest and I eat more seafood now than ever in my whole life. Cod, tilapia, shrimp, crab, lobster, perch and any other mild fish when we go out. It seems to go down easier than any other solid Protein. I have fish probably 2-3 times per week - more if we go out to dinner.

It tends to make me full quickly, but I can also eat it quickly - sad thing is about 2 hours later I'm hungry again :(