Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sugar free gummi bears or worms?

I had my Surgery Thursday night and I havent been eating much on the clear diet. I have been eating sugar free Jello and ice pops and it is now 6pm and must have had only 25 caloires for the day. I wanted to know if anyone ate or think it would be ok to eat sugar free gummi bears if I chew them well. They are clear and pretty much like jello. Also my favorite candy, well the the worms are but I wont push it. Im not too hungery but would like something in my stomach for a change.

I'm not sure what the right answer is here. Part of me is thinking "you can eat the sugar free popsicles, they turn to clear liquid and that is ok". So technically if you chew them and they turn to liquid you probably "can" eat them if you're careful. I still think those gummies have a lot empty calories. Maybe I'm wrong. My popsicles are 15calories a pop. My personal concern would be not chewing one and it getting stuck to a clump of them because they are sticky. Also, the sugar free stuff makes me gassy and that wouldn't feel good either. Seems like you're also a little too soon out of surgery to be grabbing for gummies since you are probably still swollen. Are you able to have Protein Shakes? chicken broth? Maybe something not so empty in calories. Just what I would do. Everyone has different advice from their docs. Will ultimately be your decision.

Protein Shake? Protein Water? I wouldn't think Gummy bears. You're not supposed to be really chewing anything. pudding? Even ice cream

I got banded on Friday and I have had a couple of sugar free Life Savers. I just make sure to suck them down to almost nothing and make sure to only have 1 or 2 a day. Just kind of helps break things up a bit.

I like this idea!

I got banded on Friday and I have had a couple of sugar free Life Savers. I just make sure to suck them down to almost nothing and make sure to only have 1 or 2 a day. Just kind of helps break things up a bit.

I know what you mean - the liquid diet is the pits! I finally broke down and went and bought those Soup in a Hand with the chicken and teeny star noodles....it had made me sick to not have anything real, I was so weak and miserable. I did fine with that and felt much better - luckily I didn't have to stay on liquids for long. This too shall pass!

I understand what you are talking about but I don't think snacking on Gummy worms would be a good thing. Perhaps you need to talk to your NUT and see what you can add to help with this feeling. As hard as it is, you need to follow the instructions given to you so that you can heal properly.

Please dont eat the Gummy bears... you dont want a stuck episode that soon after surg.. i had a stuck episode with gummy bears 3 months after my surg it isnt fun........i will never eat Jello again I do know how your feeling

good luck :D

Nothing you can chew that early. Unless it completely turns to liquid.. which gummi bears wouldn't. Also, don't start with candy! Even the sugar free stuff has a bit of calories.

I just had an MRI today and the nurse refused a boy for radiology services because he had sucked on life savers. I was really surprised but thought I would mentioned that she specifically told his mother that it is not a clear liquid. It's got to be a clear liquid when you put it in your mouth. Just an FYI but do what you like.

I wouldn't. candy isn't probably the best way to start off a weight loss venture. The pre and post-op stuff is TORTURE. I just did a week of it post Tummy Tuck, and I don't have any weight to lose. So I totally feel your pain. And you can have candy at the movies later. But for now I'd really try to stick to the program. This will all be a blur, I promise!