Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone, I am so excited and nervous! My Lap Band surgery is on June 24th. Can't wait. I will be starting the Optifast diet 2 weeks before surgery. What's the average weight loss doing that? Anyone know...

MsTheBandit,

Yay for June 20!!!!!

I have to have 2 weeks of 2 Protein shakes per day plus 1 low fat/low carb meal per day....the doctor's office gave me suggested guidelines on what to eat. I am also going to see a separate nutritionist right before I start the "diet"....thankfully I don't have to have the all clear liquid diet!!!

I've started to incorporate 5 Protein Shakes per week, either with skim milk or coconut milk....I also just bought a carton of soymilk to see how that tastes.....in the process of trying several different brands of Protein Shakes to see what I like best.

I will be having 2 last meals, probably before I start the diet....

one will be to go to this fancy Brazilian steakhouse that i LOVE, but it costs like $60 per person but you go and get meat DRUNK there!! It's one of those "only go there once in a blue moon" kind of places!!!

the other will be to a newly-found seafood place called The Boiling Crab that sells boiled seafood (shrimp, crawfish, and crab) by the pound and it is so freaking good!!!

Those will be my 2 "LAST MEALS" and I can't wait to go!!! I have a feeling it won't be worth it to go to either place after I've been banded....will cost too much for me to eat so little. :)

How about you???? Found anything you like so far for the liquids????

kristi

My surgery is June 20th. I'd love to hear about everybody's pre- op diets... How long do you have to be on all liquids? I start my CLEAR liquid diet on June 6th. I'm getting nervous about the liquid diet because I didn't realize it had to be Clear Liquids for 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after. Is everybody having their "last meals"? I wanted to but I'm nervous that it will make the liquid diet seem even worse. I'm restricting myself really well right now... what about you all?

Hello Everyone!

My date is booked for June 8th! I start my pre-op diet on May 25th (3 Protein shakes/day plus some veggies?!) I warned my co-workers that I might be kind of grumpy!

This date was kind of sprung on me, it was either June 8th or wait til August and I thought "no way! I could be 15 lbs lighter by then!" I've been scrambling to get all the paperwork together but everything is in order and I can just focus on planning for a new life!

I haven't thought of a final meal yet.... I've actually never been that into bread, but I will miss cakes, pies and other baked goods!

Hi Kristi!

Wow... I'm so jealous of your pre-op diet! :P I have several Protein shakes that I really like but I've never really had a problem with Protein Shakes. I like the nectar shakes at mybariatricpantry.com and I just tried unjury (Yummy!) and Muscle Milk. Since I have to do Clear Liquids I think I'm going to stick with Unjury because it's the best with just Water. My problem is the broth. It's so gross. Like SUPER gross... so today I'm venturing out to try and find a broth that I can tolerate on my pre-op and (2 week clear liquid) post- op diet. Any suggestions??:)

Crista

Hi everyone am so happy my surgery will be June 1st am a little nervous but very happy cause this will be a new beginning to my life!!

Hello, I am scheduled to have my lap band surgery in June also. I, like you, am very excited about this as I am looking for a new life and new beginning. This has been a long time coming and I am praying that it will have been worth the wait.

Did you have to document your Diet for 3-6 months? It seems like things went fast, I see you did the nutritionist for only a month?

I'm a little worried. When I started my Dietary appts for approval of Lap Band Surgery, I was told 3 months. After I finished 3 months, BCBS of IL said the policy changed and now I would need 3 additional months. I cried like a baby...I'm a teacher and I tried to plan just right, so surgery would take place during Summer.

Here's my question: My primary doctor prescribed Phentermine for 3 months last year, do you thing that could count? In a ddition, I have proof of ordering Low Carb Proteins and shakes during the time I was on Phentermine and I also purchased an Elliptical Machine. What do you think my chances of approval are?

~"Teach Em" Wright

From what I know of insurance, they seem to want what they want. If they are asking for 3 more months, that's what they want. I had to do a 6 month diet. At first i was told that I didn't have to lose any weight, just participate. So I didn't lose any weight and then I was told that insurance would not be approved. So I had to do the diet again for 6 more months in order to get approved. This just happened on Thursday. What a nuisance insurance is. But, hey, you can try. They say nothing beats a try but a failure!!! Best of luck to you.

Kay

I'm scheduled for June 8 too! We will have to follow up and see how each of us is doing!

I'm a self pay, so this is such a big commitment, but I can't wait. I think about it so often, I really can't wait to start this new life.

Hi Crista!!!

I bought a sample pack of the nectar drinks and so far am not impressed....maybe I'm not adding enough extras to them, but so far, making them with cold Water, they are nasty! Maybe it's just me??? They sorta taste like bad kool-aid, and I'm not a big fan of that!!! Maybe if I add some fruit and crushed ice they will be better????

I too like the unjury and the ideal chocolate milk diet....today I made a REAL shake with the vanilla flavor from ideal chocolate milk diet, 8 oz. of silk soymilk, mixed it in the little blender, then added almost 1 cup of frozen strawberry/banana chunks, whirred it up in the little blender, and it was so thick and creamy and yummy!!! It was a little too-banana-y for me, but I will make it again!!! Next time I will try it with the frozen berries...

I also have 2 packets of the Unjury chicken broth and I'm NOT looking forward to trying that now, especially after you said it was super gross!!!

I heard that Campbells has some of those Soup at hand Soups that are good and are more broth-like but I haven't gone to look for them yet. Let me know what you find!!!

:rolleyes: kristi

you can also email me, kittyforet@yahoo.com

Hi Kristi!

Wow... I'm so jealous of your pre-op diet! :P I have several Protein shakes that I really like but I've never really had a problem with Protein Shakes. I like the nectar shakes at mybariatricpantry.com and I just tried UnJury (Yummy!) and Muscle Milk. Since I have to do clear liquids I think I'm going to stick with UnJury because it's the best with just Water. My problem is the broth. It's so gross. Like SUPER gross... so today I'm venturing out to try and find a broth that I can tolerate on my pre-op and (2 week clear liquid) post- op diet. Any suggestions??:)

Crista

My surgery is on June 2, 2011 and I am very excited and it is long overdue.

I am starting to get the anxious, kid going to Disney feelings. I am 23 days away from my band, with tons of exciting stuff passing time quickly. How is everyone keeping the calm? I randomly just wanna scream :)

I am finally getting banded June 1st. I am about a week into my pre-op diet,started a little early because of a tooth extraction and didn't feel much like eating solids anyway. I started my process in January of this year, and had originally planned on a May 2nd date, but I could not get off work at that time (I was denied time off because of other people being on vacation and they considered this an "elective surgery". I could have argued the point but I think June is working out better anyway.)

So far, I have lost nearly 25 lbs since January just by cutting out the carbonated drinks and following as many of the dietician's guidelnes as possible. I am very serious about making this work, because I am already 57 years old, and I am ready to get this weight off, once and for all.

Congratulations to all us Junebugs!

I am down for the 16th of June. Side note: my B-day is the 4th, I will start the pre-op diet on the 2nd.... Not sure what I should feel; happy that I am almost there or sad that I will have to drink my birthday cake.........It's always a good day for change.:Banane11:

Twisting the day away,

Uptwist

Life is nothing, but a twist

Hello everyone I am soooo excited......my date is June 3rd....Im on the 3rd day of my pre op diet