Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I FINALLY TOLD HUBBY!!!!!

Okay-the house was emaply and I took down the newspaper advertisment for the Lapband seminar that my doctor advertises. I went down to his office and said do you have a minute I'd like to talk to you about something (I guess he thought it would be the fight). I handed him the newspaper and said I would like to get this. He studied it and said "I didn't know you were interested in this" and I said I am would you support me if I did it and he said sure.

Then I told him the surgery was in 2 weeks and he blocked out the day from work. He was very calm and asked a few questions. I went over to him and pointed to the before and after pic in the newpaper ad and he said -they are going to want you to model for the doctor. I thought that was very sweet. 100% total support!!:P I went over and gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

I am SO happy!!:D

I told him I wanted to keep it just between else for now and I would prefer to decide who I'd like to tell and he agreed to keep request private. Then he asked if I was going to tell my daughters and I said probably after the surgery and I'll tell my mom once I start losing some weight too.

Thank you all for your support through all this drama-You all are AWESOME!!! I love this site :P

Okay-the house was emaply and I took down the newspaper advertisment for the Lapband seminar that my doctor advertises. I went down to his office and said do you have a minute I'd like to talk to you about something (I guess he thought it would be the fight). I handed him the newspaper and said I would like to get this. He studied it and said "I didn't know you were interested in this" and I said I am would you support me if I did it and he said sure.

Then I told him the surgery was in 2 weeks and he blocked out the day from work. He was very calm and asked a few questions. I went over to him and pointed to the before and after pic in the newpaper ad and he said -they are going to want you to model for the doctor. I thought that was very sweet. 100% total support!!:P I went over and gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

I am SO happy!!:D

I told him I wanted to keep it just between else for now and I would prefer to decide who I'd like to tell and he agreed to keep request private. Then he asked if I was going to tell my daughters and I said probably after the surgery and I'll tell my mom once I start losing some weight too.

Thank you all for your support through all this drama-You all are AWESOME!!! I love this site :P

That is so awesome!!

I was over here on pins and needles wondering what happened! I'm soooooooooooo glad you finally told him and he gave you that response and such support! That is awesome!!!!

I'm so glad he is going to be supportive. that's great news...now you can concentrate on the awesome pre-op diet (if you have one) and the surgery. you are going to be fine. so glad he came through for you. :D

Congrats!!! I knew it was gonna work out. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone! He was very supportive!! I am so happy .

You are right now I can focus on other things. My pre-op diet starts May 18th and surgery is the 25th!

I told him I'll be saving him money too because I'll be eating less when we eat out ;)

That's great! But almost as importantly, did you find out what he was so mad at you about?

that is so funny about the saving money thing. my husband says the same thing. he's excited to go out to dinner now because we can afford to go if we only get one plate and share! he's making some big plans. he's also exited about grocery shopping, not buying as much as we normally buy. i really hope this puts a dent in our spending.

No, I never did find out what he was mad about and I rather not even ask because I am sure it was something minor.

I figue I'll save money eating out and drinking too! But other the other hand I'll be buying more clothes so I guess it works out even.

Plus I have all kinds of things running round my head-like joining a gym, horsebackriding lessons, taking some fun classes, etc.

Congratulations ! Nice Job !

Shirley.

I am so glad it worked out well. Now keep the communication open.

See what you put yourself through! All the stressing over telling him .......

I guess that's how we women are ...lol

I'm happy for you.

Now, tell your daughters !

Yay! Congrats...now you can move foward...WITH SUPPORT from your mate...good job!

Great news - I've been wondering about this for days!

See now you dont have to feel like you're going through this alone anymore. How about when you've lost the weight you can model for your hubby :P Congrats!!!

Yeah!!! You started my day with a smile.