Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Day Never Seemed So Far Away

Tomorrow is my consult, and I have tons of nervous energy kicking around. My primary doctor has recommended the procedure and said that he feels that I'm an excellent candidate. For some reason though, I have this tiny little fear in the back of my head that says "what if I get turned away?". Does anyone else feel this way that is waiting to be seen by the surgeon? I want so badly for this to finally happen so I can just move forward and I feel like that past few weeks spent waiting for the consult appointment have been the longest of my life. I find myself wanting to go to bed early so that the next day will be here sooner and I can just get to it already. Outwardly everyone sees me as calm and cool, while the inside my stomach is in knots and I just want today to finish up so I can get back to bed already!! I think a long walk at lunch is in order tow work off some of this energy!

believe you me, if your primary doctor has signed off on it, your surgeon isn't going to turn you away. they don't make money by turning people away :P

i know that sounds crass, but at the end of the day, it is the truth.

anyway, just put your mind at ease and be honest with the surgeon. do you have to attend a seminar? most surgeon's require that as well as a phych eval. i was more worried about the psych eval than anything, but even then, it was my surgeon's psychologist that i had to see, and they scratch each others backs ,so i wasn't going to get turned down unless i went in saying that i have flown on UFO's and i believe that Mt. Rushmore talks to me at night....

you are going to be just fine.

believe you me, if your primary doctor has signed off on it, your surgeon isn't going to turn you away. they don't make money by turning people away :P

i know that sounds crass, but at the end of the day, it is the truth.

anyway, just put your mind at ease and be honest with the surgeon. do you have to attend a seminar? most surgeon's require that as well as a phych eval. i was more worried about the psych eval than anything, but even then, it was my surgeon's psychologist that i had to see, and they scratch each others backs ,so i wasn't going to get turned down unless i went in saying that i have flown on UFO's and i believe that Mt. Rushmore talks to me at night....

you are going to be just fine.

Thanks so much for the vote of confidence. You are totally right, and of course i know this (I work at Columbia for pete's sake! lol). Just those jitters I guess. My sister in law is a psychologist and does these types of evaluations and told me that they'd def approve me. I have the name and number of one of the docs here that does the evaluations, but figure I'll wait till after tomorrow's visit to schedule anything. I did the seminar online as they suggested.

How are you feeling?? How many days out are you now?

i can totally relate. I was soooo excited and nervous for my initial consult. I am self pay so my doctor actually doesnt even know i'm having the surgery. in the days leading up to my consult i kept a notebook with me with all my questions. i even asked the surgeon if he had even be part of a malpractice suit!:o i knew he wasnt i had already googled him! LOL! When i counted the questions I had for the surgeon, dietician and the financial person, i had 50 questions!!!! Noone ever made me feel rushed or like they were tired of answering the same questions i'm sure they get 1 ,000 times a day! I was so nervous/excited that my BP was up! When I went back for pre-op testing it was back to normal. I get banded on the 20th of May, so feel free to PM me with any questions.

Jennifer