Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery in the Morning!

Thanks to you all for your prayers and encouragement! I am home and resting pretty comfortably. The surgery went very well, not a great deal of pain and so far no gas at all! (knocking on wood!) I'm not really in the mood to put anything in my tummy but going to try some more chicken broth in a few. Couldn't run a marathon yet but it wasn't near as painful as I had thought it would be!

Dr. Lopez is the most awesome doctor!!!! Excellent bedside manor and totally committed to his patients! I couldn't be more pleased. My wonderful hubby has been taking care of me all day and being a dream!

Going to try to sleep tonight since I haven't slept all day! lol!

Take care and I'll be talking to you very soon!!

Hugs, Love and MANY Thanks!

Sherry

Sherry,

Congrats! I was just checking back in on you to make sure you did ok. You are way lucky with the no gas thing - if you don't have that, I think you'll find it to be a walk in the park..... sore, but nothing you won't be able to handle! No marathons - I agree! Be good on your food this week. I found that I was so swollen that even liquids were going down really slowly and causing me a little pain. I just got better tonight and tomorrow will be 1 week since surgery. Just know that if you experience the same thing I did that it WILL eventually go away when the swelling goes down. I thought I was going to be like that forever and was stating to get worried :-). We'll see if the fill puts me back to square 1, but for now I'm good. Best wishes to you and keep us posted on how you're doing.

Kim

Good Luck girl! When we hear from you again, you will be in bandland (WOo WOO)~

Congrats (but shouldn't you be resting?!?!)

~cheri

Hope everything went great with your surgery. Will be saying a prayer for you to feel better real soon:).... You have an exciting journey ahead of you now:) Take care of yourself and let your family do it all for now....rest up!!:eek:

Jan0421

highest 340/prebanded weight 299.4/

4weeks post op..lost 27lbs..272

Congratulations on being on the other side of the surgery! Glad it went better than you expected, and hopefully it will continue that way. Take it easy and keep us posted.

Emily

Been kinda sleepy today but that's a relief since I didn't sleep for about three nights before surgery ! lol! My incisions are 'itching' like they are healing already which I think is good! I'm not too enthusiastic about putting anything in the tummy yet...I figured I'd be dying for food right away! Even water/juice is going slow but it's going w/ no nausia. The only time I feel like I want to throw up is when my DH tells me 'not to try to be a hero' and take some pain medication...that stuff is NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol! The pain is quite tolerable, the meds just make me feel totally comfortable. (And evidently make me sleep! lol!)

Have rested all day today and my kids will be home soon!! I haven't seen them since before I went to the hospital so I'm missing them like crazy!! My wonderful hubby has arranged for a 'movie night' tonight on the big screen w/ the whole family!! (Shhh, don't tell him, but I am really liking this 'being pampered' thing alot! lol!)

I can't say thanks enough to you all for your continued support and making me feel 'normal'. I'm all alone out here in teh sticks and it is awesome to know that we're all in the boat together and you're just a few keystrokes away. A HUGE thanks to Debra....!!!! Girlfriend, without you I'd still be playing the frustration game and will always be greatful to you that I'm already in recovery!! BIG HUGS!!

Welcome to the gang.....hope all went well. Give yourself the time you need to heal and recover then start kickin the scale's butt! Good luck!