Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeping on your stomach?

How long does it take to not feel your port? I normally sleep on my stomach, but since surgery I can't. I had surgery on April 29th. Just wondering how long it will take to not be uncomfortable. How many people have there port up by their bra line? It really is a pain to have it there literally. I wish the doctor put it somewhere else. Thanks for your advise.

i'm a stomach sleeper, something i wish i could break myself of, but i just haven't been able to. it was probably somewhere between 2-3 weeks after surgery when i was able to sleep on my stomach again without it being sore. the pain meds helped me sleep on my back in the meantime, but as soon as i could do it comfortably, i started sleeping on my stomach again.

I too am a stomach sleeper, I was able to sleep on my side right from the start. I think to fully sleep on my stomach it too about a week. As for the port, mine is a little user my bra line, while it doesn't bother me with my bra, it is very very easily felt and I'm thinking it will be extremely noticible when I lose all the weight. Not that I ever plan to wear a bikini or anything...lol

How long does it take to not feel your port? I normally sleep on my stomach, but since surgery I can't. I had surgery on April 29th. Just wondering how long it will take to not be uncomfortable. How many people have there port up by their bra line? It really is a pain to have it there literally. I wish the doctor put it somewhere else. Thanks for your advise.

I am a stomach sleeper also. I had surgery on April 28th and I just started sleeping on my side a few nights ago and it was so much more comfortable than sleeping on my back. Although last night, I decided to try sleeping on my side with a pillow under my stomach. It was so much more comfortable and I was able to sleep somewhat on my stomach, if that makes sense. My port is also under my bra line and is very noticable, especially after eating.

I still can't sleep on my stomach or side without pain, and mental concern, lol.

I had surgery April 19. I know I heal very slowly, and I am just worried if I sleep all night on my stomach or side, something will go wrong. I'm probably too worried about it, but let me tell you, sleeping on my back every night sucks! It hurts so bad!

I can finally crack my back again though by rotating so that's nice. I am hoping in the next two weeks I can sleep on my side or stomach again.

Last night, I did do a few minutes on my side with a pillow under my stomach. Not sure why this helped.

I was banded 5 days ago and have been sleeping on my stomach/side from day 1. You just need to get every pillow in the neighborhood and lay on them. Leave a little "hole" where your sorest spot is so that you are supported and comfortable! I found sleeping on my back hurt 10x's worse! Also with all your pillows, elevate your lower half to help ease that darn gas pain!

It took about 3 weeks for me to sleep on my stomach or side pain-free. Now I can sleep on my stomach again and man, it's heaven!

I have tried the pillows also. Put it feels like the port is going to come through my skin or something. I have slept on my side with pillows and a blanket folded up and I hold that against my chest and it seems to feel better, but my hips are hurting from all this side sleeping, and trying to sleep on my back is a no, hurts. I have a temper pedic at home. I might have to try to lay on more pillows and leave an opening. Just a pain. But I can manage. Wearing a bra is a pain lately also. Hope this will to pass in a hurry.

It took me a little while to get to be able to sleep on my stomach. A couple or three months maybe. I played it safe. The funny thing is that I can now sleep comfortably on my back, when I never could before.

I am a stomach sleeper too and was banded June of last year. It took me about 2 weeks to be close to sleeping on my stomach (with a little help from a well placed pillow) and another couple for it to not be a concern. I am happy to say I sleep on my stomach every night with no pain and no worries

I was banded on 4/18 and have been lucky. I have been sleeping on my side or stomach probably since about a week after surgery. There are times still that if I "roll" wrong I will feel it pull or do something funky but it stops me and I just move another way. I can sleep on my stomach perfectly fine now.

I'd say probably 3-4 weeks post op I was able to comfortably sleep on my stomach.

Joan

i was banded friday and started sleeping on my stomach monday night. it's a little sore, but it helped me at first to hold a pillow up to my abdomen as i was laying down. somehow the gravity of my gut being pulled down seemed to be the most painful part to me.

if you still aren't able to get comfortable, you can always try putting a pillow under your knees when you're on your back. that really helps with back pain. i also had my head and neck elevated to where my body made a low "v" shape. that was the only way i could get comfy on my back.