Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 week out still really tired!

Hi Everyone I had my band put in 4-28-11. Prior to my surgery I was stressed to the kilts trying to get my clients caught up before I left,stress at home and I had been suffering from some diagnosed post traumactic stress from a robbery incident that happen to me, on top of that two days before my surgery the ugi I had showed some type of growth in my belly that the doc had go in and take a biopsy of before they could perform the lapband. Thank the heavenly Father it was ok. Anyway I said all of that to say this I'm one week after my surgery and i'm just starting to get some energy. Is this normal? I have slept the entire 1st week. Mostly thru the day and absolutely all thru the night. Now granted this has been a tough week for healing,but I've completely shut the outside world out and I've just slept slept slept. I haven't had to have any aid in sleeping either and normally I always need something to sleep. So is it just me or has anyone else having trouble staying awake?lol Any positive input or advice is welcomed thanks.

I had my band in Jan of 09 and I now work as the office manager of the surgeon who did my surgery... so, I know that what you are saying is completely normal! Everyone is different, but considering the stress you had been under prior to surgery, it sounds like your body is recovering from the stress and the surgery. Good luck on your journey!

I had my band in Jan of 09 and I now work as the office manager of the surgeon who did my surgery... so, I know that what you are saying is completely normal! Everyone is different, but considering the stress you had been under prior to surgery, it sounds like your body is recovering from the stress and the surgery. Good luck on your journey!

Thanks your response is very reassuring.

Hi Teekii77 I was banded on April 22nd and have also experienced being tired and still to this day. I'm pretty much tired of being tired. I spoke to my nutritionist and surgeon about this and had drawn some labs to check for anemia so hopefully I'll find out if I'm lacking Iron. In the meantime they gave me some sample iron pills and my nutritionist advised me to continue taking my Multivitamins, calcium citrate and to add a super B complex and B-12. It seems like alot to take but I'll let you know if it makes a difference for me. Get your iron checked that could be the culprit! Good luck to you! Jae

HI!!! 1 week is ok..I was weak and tired for 4 weeks....I was also dehydrated,,

so take plenty of liquids and the body needs rest so its ok !!

all the best !!:rolleyes:

I was tired and sluggish and weak for two weeks post op. If you're sleeping that much, please make sure you're drinking enough so you don't get dehydrated!

Hi every one I was just interested to know your opinions on the lap band surgery I am considering it but really scared