Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another Possible Delay

So now my general isn't signing off on my surgery. He is concerned about my Blood Pressure. I have an appointment to see him tomorrow. I have been taking all my meds, but I don't think my BP is where he would want it yet. I was able to get my BP down over the summer using a drug called Exforge but my insurance dropped it from it's formulary. Now I am on the 3 drugs that made up Exforge and hoping my BP drops enough so that he will sign me off tomorrow for my surgery on May 13th. If he doesn't, then it is going to be a another few weeks or so as I work on bringing my BP down to a level that he will be happy with. UGH!!!

Wish me luck.

You could try telling him he isn't helping matters. I understand what you are going through I still have tests to do befor mine you would think they would clear all this stuff up befor setting a date and having you start your preop as if just being on that isn't stressful.My stress test and cardiac clearance and x-ray are on tuesday before surgery so if I don't pass them I will have wasted two weeks almost on my preop .My best wishes go to you and getting your clearance .

Almost there. Got my blood pressure down to 150. He wants me at 140 to sign off. He is having me double up and one of the meds and retaking it on Tuesday. Hope to be good to go for Friday

Almost there. Got my blood pressure down to 150. He wants me at 140 to sign off. He is having me double up and one of the meds and retaking it on Tuesday. Hope to be good to go for Friday

Wishing you the best off luck!

best of luck! I hope things work out for you :) I am 2 months post op and am completely off all my meds except one, including my BP meds and my BP hasn't been this good since I was teenager! :)

Thank you for all the BP vibes. It must of worked. Went down to 147 today. Now I just gotta be a little better for my GP tomorrow. My surgeon is fine with my BP...it is just my general that wants it down even more.

I have really really high BP too and my meds didn't seem to control it well. I am finally on Bystolic and that med is wonderful!! Have you had a stress test and cardiac tests? I understand they need to have your BP at a certain level so you can have surgery but it is frustrating!!! Hang in there!