Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats going on?

I had 9.2 cc in my 10 cc Band. Was finally at restriction. Lost weight nicely. A few weeks ago I began getting too tight. Vomiting Alot!! So 10 Dys ago I went in for an unfill, The Dr. took out 1 cc . Now I Have no restriction Whatsoever! I Can eat anything. bread. meat. I GAINED 7 LBS. IN THESE 10 DAYS! I am feeling good but hate the gaining part. What do you think I Should do now? Go in for another fill? How Soon can I do That?

Does it make sense that 1 cc makes such a huge difference? From eating nothing to eating everything??????

Just because you can eat everything why are you is my question. Why would you even try bread because you had one cc taken out or anything else for that matter. You have to have some control of what your eating.

The band is not succcessfull because it stops you from eating stuff! My worst nightmare would be that actually! I want to be able to eat everything! Id be so miserable without bread! What the band does is that it makes you feel full fast because the top pouch of your stomac is very small. When food touches the skin in your stomac, it hits the nerves that transmit to your brain that you are full.

I am not explaining it well, but basically before, to feel full, you needed lots of food in your stomac, now you dont.

To each their own, but i think your life would be much nicer if u listen to ur stomac instead of wanting a band to stop you from eating. Listen to your body, i swear it worka

Forgot to say that I have to eat ! Cause Im STARVED!! I actually havent felt hunger in the last 5 months since my last fill!but now Im always hungry!

The food only stays in your pouch for less than a minute it starts leaving the pouch as soon as you swallow because digestion starts immediately. No the band does not stop you from eating you have to stop you from eating.

My band DOES stop me from eating. When you are very close to the green zone it is amazing how even .1 or .2 cc can make the difference. If it were me, I would go back and get a tiny fill.

I agree with both Humming and Fluffy.

The band does stop me from eating...when I eat the right foods. But of course, I could grab a bag of chips or something and eat a whole lot, but why would I sabotage my weight loss like that?

Maybe go back to basics and start eating mostly Protein as recommended and see if things change :)

To the OP, you might benefit from reading Dr. Simpson's article "It's not about restriction". http://drsimpson.net/fills/Lap-band-eating/lap-band-not-restriction/lap-band-and-restriction.html

And yes, 1cc is a big unfill. I had to have .2cc's removed last spring because I got too tight and it made a difference. Call and see when you can go back for more and ask for only .5cc (or less). In the meantime, do the best you can to eat dense Protein and low carb/low calorie veggies. My doc says I can always have more veggies if I'm still hungry 20 minutes after my meal. That's providing that the veggies aren't drowning in butter or some high calorie sauce.

You might also push through some (maybe not all) of the hunger by upping your water/ very low calorie Fluid intake.

Try to eliminate white bread, Pasta, rice, white potatoes. Those are high glycemic items and tend to make us hungrier sooner.

Hang in there!!

I had 9.2 cc in my 10 cc Band. Was finally at restriction. Lost weight nicely. A few weeks ago I began getting too tight. Vomiting Alot!! So 10 Dys ago I went in for an unfill, The Dr. took out 1 cc . Now I Have no restriction Whatsoever! I Can eat anything. bread. meat. I GAINED 7 LBS. IN THESE 10 DAYS! I am feeling good but hate the gaining part. What do you think I Should do now? Go in for another fill? How Soon can I do That?

Does it make sense that 1 cc makes such a huge difference? From eating nothing to eating everything??????

Yes, well I don't know about sense... but it seems 1cc can make all the difference. I am not sure exactly how much i have in my band now ( it was making me nuts cause I am now over filled by at least 1cc ) But for the first time have some restriction. The mornings are the tightest for me & I can eat alittle more by dinner, but finally able to feel full w/only 1/2 to 1 cup of food. (yippie) I also agree w/the others you do have to have the last say about what goes in your mouth...some days are better than others. I don't think you have to wait to get Fluid back in. I just got 1cc removed 2 weeks ago & got it put it back in on Thur. I had a kidney stone, & my period, & I don't know if it was the combination or what but I was having the trouble same as you, (also at about 3 weeks after my last fill) vomiting, not able to keep my pain meds down or anything for that matter. & with a kidney stone you are to drink alot, & I couldn't even keep Water down... I went in crying I really didn't want to have it taken out. I have been having a lot of trouble w/the band...( my first surgery the Dr. put the band around my fat pad & missed my stomach completely, so I went thru over a year of fills w/no change or restriction, talk about feeling like a looser! & not the good kind. The Dr went back in 13 months after my first surgery & relizied his mistake & susposedlly fixed it but now I was almost 13 months again, over filled again & was FINALLY having real restriction for the first time!! If the kidney pain wouldn't have kicked my butt, I would probablly still trying to figure out how to not get any Fluid taken out..... I know nuts...but I really wanted this to work!! It has also taken a long time for me to realize how much it is all about what I do that will matter. Not just the band! It did not get me to where I was 3 years ago at 303lbs!! It did not get me to where I am now at 60lbs less...I have to believe it will help me, to make this journey a little easier.... now at looonnnnngggggg last! But GOD knows I have to keep on it....it is up to team Bonnie!! Me & my band.

GO Team GO!!

I got my 1cc put back & am having wonderfull restriction again... So today is good. I did like you too & put back on 6lbs after my unfill. I really beat myself up for that...finally was loosing weight, & then I can't take it & unfill, & fill my face...every meal was like my last...

I say go back & have them put all most all back in, & you will probablly like the last time gradually get tighter as the 2nd week goes on & be at the BLESSED SWEET SPOT at long last! At least that is what I am hoping for me :) So I will hope the same for you!!

Go back tomorrow...your doc should fit you in pretty quick!

Don't wait!

This is actually helping me alot. I have an appointment in a couple of week and was wondering what to do. I am at 9cc's and had restriction for a couple of weeks after my last fill, but it has more or less faded. However, I am tight in the morning, looser by lunch, and have no restriction by dinner ( or supper, as they call it in the south!). I think I will ask for .5cc and see where that takes me.

Good luck, everyone!

To the OP, you might benefit from reading Dr. Simpson's article "It's not about restriction". http://drsimpson.net...estriction.html

Melissa - that should be required reading before the surgery. It helped me and my family to understand banding before I went for it.

Lost a link before - THANK YOU for posting it!