Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercising When not at Home?

Hi Everyone,

I should be banded within the next couple of months, and I think I have most of the diet and exercise issues resolved except for one. My husband and I are boaters and enjoy cruising (think RVing on the Water.) We are often in areas or conditions where getting off the boat so I can walk is not possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions for exercises I can do in a small space with no equipment? My husband is a SCUBA diver, so I can use his ankle and "bean bag" weights.

Any ideas you have will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Take a look at TRX. It may be just what you are looking for.

Circuit training - can you find a heavy bag in your luggage? Google sandbag traiing, you'll get loads of videos and info on what you can do with a heavy, unweildy item - squats with overhead raise, clean and press, lunging, get ups etc. If you put together half an hour of such circuit training with somethign that weighs about 20 to 40lb you wont believe what an intense workout that is, very very effective for fat burning and even for me, who is a runner, it gets my heart rate through the roof within a minute and keeps it there - so it takes care of cardio and strenght all in one brief workout. I honestly dont get why people bother with the gym when you can do somthing like this so easily and cheaply at home. Obviously you can also do pushups, sit ups, tricep dips etc.

Thank you both. I will try both suggestions. Have a great day. Ellen

Jachut is on the mark.

Situps, squats, lunges, pushups, situps, leg lifts, triceps dips, lifting heavy objects (a paddle with two gallon jugs hung on each end) perfect for curls, jumping jacks, jackknives, hikes, bicycles in the air, all sorts of yoga moves.

Think military - most times they don't have equipment, they use body resistance only.

There is no confusionthat Exercising program have the effect on on health...

But these dieting programs should be followunder the supervision of trainer or professionals...

Swim:) Row in a small inflatable around the boat.