Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 9 weeks post op and had my first fill (6 weeks post op) 2 cc's but the doc says I now have 3.5 cc's in my band and I am still hungry. I am starting to get frustrated as I lost 11#'s on liver reduction diet and only 11#'s after surgery is that about right. It just seems like I should be losing at a little faster rate. Anyone having the same issues. I am due for my second fill on May 11th. wondering if I should asj the doc to put more cc's in. I'm still the same size clothes I was before surgery. I feel like I can still eat the same amount of food I could before surgery?

That is totally normal... This is a step by step process. Meaning Fill after Fill until it starts to give you some restriction. Then they work at finding your spot, that you are no longer hungry.

In the meantime, It is up to you, to keep a diet under control, and some type of exercise, even walking can be good for starts.

If you drink or eat a lot of Protein, it helps take the edge of the Hunger Beast.

I eat between 800 - 1200 calories a day, and I have around 60 - 70 G of Protein, and its working.

Trust me, you stick to something like this, and in about 2 -3 months. Your cloths will be falling off you.

I hope this helps.

Good Health to you, Shirley.

SHOOT I AM UP TO 7 CC AT 1 CC TO 5 THEN 1/2 CC'S AFTER THAT TAKES FOREVER. I AM ALMOST AT A YEAR. I AM STILL NOT AT THE SWEET SPOT BUT I AM CLOSE.

I have never heard anybody talk about what it feels like when you get a fill. I am getting my first one in two weeks and want to know if it hurts or what? Just curious :blink:

No it doesn't hurt.

I know exactly how you feel. I had my first fill Monday (2cc's) and feel no difference. I really am having to police myself.

I do not understand why some people cannot swallow liquids after a fill. My doctor's office made me stay for a while and sip on Water to make sure it went down okay.

Melonie

I know exactly how you feel. I had my first fill Monday (2cc's) and feel no difference. I really am having to police myself.

I do not understand why some people cannot swallow liquids after a fill. My doctor's office made me stay for a while and sip on Water to make sure it went down okay.

Melonie

They want to make sure that it doesn't come back up on you.

If id did,,, you would be in the RED ZONE. You don't want that

at all trust me. So he would take the fill out because of the swelling.

That's why they check you.

I had my first fill on Tuesday (exactly one month after my surgery) and I was terrified, but in the end it was no biggie. They laid me down, did a quick ultra sound, numbed the area, put the needle in (tiny pinch)... here's where things got a little weird... had me sit up (needle still in - you don't feel a thing) and drink while they filled me and then backed it out when I felt the Water stop moving. They ended up putting in about 1.7cc's. Last night I ate mushies and could only eat 4 bites of ricotta bake. It's working, but I can see that it will back off once the swelling goes down, etc.