Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really struggling with this post-op diet!

I swear I could have copied and pasted exactly what you said and feel.

I was banded on 4/20 and have already moved past all those mushy stages. Im watching my calories but have already had thin crust pizza, chicken breast w/fat free ricotta cheese. Im stuck on cheese sticks and chewing like a cow.

Tonight I had 2 yep 2 boca veggie burgers w/cheese. Not sure how good that was for me and I had a little salad w/tiny bit of oil & Vinegar.

Im having my Protein Shakes for Breakfast and inbetween. I do still sometimes feel hungry :angry:

Boca burgers don't have much Protein in them. I checked today and it was 5gms I think. You need more protein to feel satisfied. 3 to 5oz of lean protein first (about 20 to 25 gms of protein) is what my NUT has me eat then veggies to fill you up. In the liquid stage you will feel full longer with at least 60 gms of protein a day.

He really said it's just "mind over matter"? How did you keep from decking him? :blink:

Mind over matter. Gee, if that's all it is, why do we bother getting banded?

I felt exactly like you do at that stage in the game and I think I'm considered to be a far above average success story. This is no indicator of how you're feel and fare after a couple of fills. For now though, it is just mind over matter. You can do it. It's not a life sentence! I had a hamburger and some ice cream last night. Today I had a fill (post tummy tuck) and can only have Clear Liquids for a few days. Cream Soups sound thrilling and decadent to me right about now. It's all relative. You'll be able to indulge later, I promise! For now, sadly, you're just got to suck it up!

I was banded yesterday and from last night until today, I have only consumed about 10 calories from chicken broth and Jello. I'm still healing so I know I won't be able to eat much, but I'm dedicated to playing by the book simply because I want maximum weight loss. I feel restriction already (weird enough) and have the realize band. Don't know if that makes any difference...

Just an FYI, not to discourage you but I have a Realize band also and they do not fill us after surgery. The "restriction" you are feeling is swelling.....seriously. I was excited too right after surgery because I had surgery on Monday and wasn't "hungry" until the following Wednesday....guess what, the swelling was going down. I'm not telling you this to discourage you but to prepare you for the next week when you wonder "where the heck my restriction went." I'm having a tough time now because I'm fighting the hunger and just can't stomach a Protein shake again. I'm on mushies but honestly, I can probably eat just about anything I want but try to fight it because I know my stomach is healing and I don't want to screw that up. Good Luck to you! We can do this!

Yeah, I wanted to give him a good smack for that comment, but I know he has no idea of what he is even talking about, (he is thin of course!) Damn skinny people don't know have a clue sometimes! :)

He really said it's just "mind over matter"? How did you keep from decking him? :blink:

Mind over matter. Gee, if that's all it is, why do we bother getting banded?

Great post. I'm feeling just like you. I'm starving all the time. I feel like, why aren't I throwing up? Did I stretch my stomach and I don't know it? The gas just won't go away. Monday will be 3 weeks since my surgery and I can't imagine another week of Soup.

How do I change my behaviors and my mind ? Will I fail? and fail miserably? How come I haven't lost more weight....I'm only down 21 lbs and I am due for my period.

How do I stop from being hungry?

Another shake???? Gag !!!!!

How will I survive? I don't want to fail.

Well. well. Of all the messages for me to come home to. I'm sitting here with my hands between my knees roacking back and forth like a heroin addict.

Came from a meeting and was not pleased with some of the after. Too lengthy to go into.

All I could think about was having something mushy. I have 3 more days before I go to mushy. I was thinking about speeding it up.

Wheeler5051 you are right. Skinny people don't understand. We use food whereas they may jog, drink, drug or beat their spouse when they're going through a rough patch. That is why I told very few people about my surgery.

FDI I too think I will throw up. Trying to drink another shake is not very appetizing. I'll probably get my caramel yogurt and mix in some choc. powder and pretend it's soft serve.

Besides I can't anything mushy anyway. I HAVE NO food IN THE HOUSE!

feel lucky you can eat. I feel like I can barely eat anything. Everything (expect mash potatos) makes my quesy. I go for a check up and maybe a fill on monday. I feel like I barely eat and feel like I am barely losing much.

Hi I had my banding 4-28-11. I was told to do 1-4 days clear liquids days5-6 full liquids. day 7 until I see doc blended,mushy food. I'm glad i'm not alone because even tho I fill up fast my hunger pains are crazy! So far everything goes down well just as long as I dont over eat. Even a few times i cheated like a couple of chips or a saltine cracker no problems as long as i chew chew chew. Today I'm craving a chef salad and chicken like crazy! I didn't think I would be so hungry. What gives? So I've been focusing on drinking a lot in between meals and eating really small meals even just 4 or 5 bites in beteween. to try to keep the hunger abay. Does anyone know if fat free refried Beans and guacomoly counts as mushy food. Someone please help! I just want something salty and satisfing.

If you notice above, last night I was craving food. I ended up eating the yogurt and powder. Then I watched lap band surgery on You Tube. That sobered me up. I didn't want anything else to eat after that.

Officially, I have 2 more days before I am to eat mushies, but I bought frozen salmon, instant potatoes and frozen vegetables. The vegs are by Green Giant and called Serving for one. I steamed them in the microwave. I took out < a spoonful. I mashed them with a fork (They are already chopped small) and ate a baby spoon of them. All of this chewing makes me lose interest in the food and why I ate it in the first place. I plan to steam the fish once it unthaws.

I'm just afraid of something getting stuck. I know I will eventually experience this but I'm not looking fwd to it.

Hi I had my banding 4-28-11. I was told to do 1-4 days Clear Liquids days5-6 full liquids. day 7 until I see doc blended,mushy food. I'm glad i'm not alone because even tho I fill up fast my hunger pains are crazy! So far everything goes down well just as long as I dont over eat. Even a few times i cheated like a couple of chips or a saltine cracker no problems as long as i chew chew chew. Today I'm craving a chef salad and chicken like crazy! I didn't think I would be so hungry. What gives? So I've been focusing on drinking a lot in between meals and eating really small meals even just 4 or 5 bites in beteween. to try to keep the hunger abay. Does anyone know if fat free refried Beans and guacomoly counts as mushy food. Someone please help! I just want something salty and satisfing.

Yes.... refried beens and guacomole are on my mushy food diet :)

I felt EXACTLY the same as you -- so here is some bad news, this is "bandsters hell" and you will be in it (in some form) until you find restriction. A lot of the stuff you will go through in the first month is getting over the mental "hunger" - saying goodbye to a friend (food) and starting a new way of life (80 ounces of Water a day, everyday. 60-80 ounces or Protein a day, everday and counting EVERY caloried that goes into your mouth). I am 4 months post op. I have 8 cc's in an 11cc band and I dont think I have found good restriction yet - it is still a battle. I am on liquids today after a fill yesterday, so I am hoping when I start eating solids again I will see a change. The myth of WLS is that it is magic - it is still SO hard sometimes... but if you stick with it you will lose weight. Try to walk (or work out if you are allowed) as often as possible -- you will get there. For some, restriction is found the day they get the band, for others it may take upto a year (or so I have heard, lets pray that is not true for us). Good luck to you! You CAN do it...

I felt EXACTLY the same as you -- so here is some bad news, this is "bandsters hell" and you will be in it (in some form) until you find restriction. A lot of the stuff you will go through in the first month is getting over the mental "hunger" - saying goodbye to a friend (food) and starting a new way of life (80 ounces of Water a day, everyday. 60-80 ounces or Protein a day, everday and counting EVERY caloried that goes into your mouth). I am 4 months post op. I have 8 cc's in an 11cc band and I dont think I have found good restriction yet - it is still a battle. I am on liquids today after a fill yesterday, so I am hoping when I start eating solids again I will see a change. The myth of WLS is that it is magic - it is still SO hard sometimes... but if you stick with it you will lose weight. Try to walk (or work out if you are allowed) as often as possible -- you will get there. For some, restriction is found the day they get the band, for others it may take upto a year (or so I have heard, lets pray that is not true for us). Good luck to you! You CAN do it...