Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One week Banded. WOOOO HOOOOO

One week today. I haven't had any major problems except lots of gas pains under my ribs at night. Getting better every night. Today I had a cup of potatoe Soup for lunch. Stuffed me full!!!!!!! I am having problem drinking the required amount of liquids. Today I am 20 pounds down in a month and I haven't started exercising yet. Can't wait to add that to my routine.

Days 2-3 my pain was bad. Day 3 I was working in the yard, careful not to lift over 10 pounds. At night I still get terrible gas pain under my ribs but getting better every day.

I was banded on 4/20 also!! The only problems I have had are GAS pains!! It does help to walk, even if it around the house! I am hungry too, but those pains seem to be better every day. I know I am not getting my 64oz in but not really worried about that right now. The thought of another Protein Shake makes me sick. I am going to try the Liquid Protein, so you only have to take a shot of it. Good Luck to all!!!

I'm one day post op and I have pretty bad gas pains. I try passing gas to get it out, but sometimes when I want to burp, I can't. I am still on Clear Liquids for the next four days.

Don't feel like eating anything...

One week today. I haven't had any major problems except lots of gas pains under my ribs at night. Getting better every night. Today I had a cup of potatoe Soup for lunch. Stuffed me full!!!!!!! I am having problem drinking the required amount of liquids. Today I am 20 pounds down in a month and I haven't started exercising yet. Can't wait to add that to my routine.

My husband was banded a week ago today and our 8 yr old son is enjoying the excessive gas. ;D He lost 14 lbs before the surgery by cutting out the carbs and had only lost 7 lbs since the surgery. Doctor says he is retaining Water and his port site is still swollen. He starts soft foods tomorrow and I'm nervous for him. The nurse repeatedly advised him to take very small bites and chew-chew-chew. We'll see. He no longer has any pain, just sensitivity around the port. We go back in a month. He is going to start using the eliptical machine tomorrow for short periods of time. He is definitely worried about the excess skin and wants to be sure to keep it toned as he goes. Congrats on the 20 lbs! I really need some recipes for meals so he won't get bored. I've been keeping an eye out for posts with recipes...

I'm worried about getting bored too. Does your husband like Mexican? My nutritionist gave me a great recipe. Ground turkey burger topped with lowfat cheese and low sugar salsa. It's yummy.