Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To put it bluntly....I burp and fart all the time!

I know, it is a little TMI. Even so, since being banded 5 months ago, I am full of gas! My belly hurts all the time from gas pain. The best relief is to just let it all out!

Also, I have not had a normal (as in presurgery normal) bowel movement since being banded. I'm always having to strain to get something going or it is the runs! Geez!!

Do you experience any of this?!?!

I'm not sure that is normal.. have you talked to your surgeon about it? My banded tummy gurgles and "talks" to me at times.. but I've never had the pain and trouble with BMs like you're describing. I hope you get it figured out really soon.. and don't have to live with the pain anymore.. good luck :rolleyes:

I've been banded since September and I've had bad gas. Not belching, but the other end :huh: I had to start taking digestive health every morning and it helps. I also had to stop drinking as much coffee too. Try changing your diet up a little bit and see if it's not a certain food that maybe causing an issue. I know it's horribly painful. If you try changing a couple of things and still have issues, then do go see your doctor. Especially with those bowel movement issues.

Thanks!

Julia

I burp alot of so far no farting. BM about once a week and they are tough. I think I need a BM softner.

I struggle with BM since surgery. I started taking two Fiber gummies a day (they are my toddlers) and they seem to help. I burp pretty regularly but it's not a nuisance. I will tell you that today I just tried a new Protein Shake. It's the AMP from GNC w/60mg of Protein per 3 scoops. Since trying that this morning I have been farting like mad! Something in the protein shake made me so gassy. I'm going to take it back and return it. Is it possible something in your diet like your protein shake is having that reaction in you as well? Just something to consider.

I know, it is a little TMI. Even so, since being banded 5 months ago, I am full of gas! My belly hurts all the time from gas pain. The best relief is to just let it all out!

Also, I have not had a normal (as in presurgery normal) bowel movement since being banded. I'm always having to strain to get something going or it is the runs! Geez!!

Do you experience any of this?!?!

I have horrible gas all the time and it is painful. I got my 4th fill this past Friday and since then it has subsided a little, but I have noticed now that I burp all the time. I can take one sip of Water and the burps start and don't stop until I'm through. UGH! It's very annoying, but these are common. I asked my PA about the gas and she said for some people it just never goes away. :( I couldn't go #2 for a week after surgery, but I wasn't eating anything. I had a little trouble a couple of weeks ago, but it eventually resolved itself. I was getting very scared. I would try to incorporate more fiber in my diet. I always see those commercials for Benefiber and it's supposed to dissolve in your Water with no taste. I never tried it, but I would if I have another episode. If that doesn't get you going regular I would definitely see a doc. My old boss was having problems going #2 and eventually had to be hospitalized. I'm not sure for what, but she almost died. Not trying to scare you, but it can get serious.

I just got my first fill this morning and I have been farting like crazy for some reason! I've always had burping issues with the band and now I'm just used to it. My fiance gets a good laugh when we're sitting around watching TV and I unintentionally let out a humongous burp.

I talked to the nurse at my Bariatric Clinic about this as I was having the same issues. She told me to add a Probiotic. I get mine in the refrigerated section of my Vitamin store but you should be able to ask at your pharmacy or such as they are typically refrigerated. Her explanation is that after having the band inserted or even under stress, the bad bacteria overaly reaacts in your stomach. The probotic replaces that good bacteria. I tried and was amazed by the difference it made by the very next day. I am still taking and those side effects are very minimal now.

The Benefiber powder is the only fiber powder that my Bariatric team suggests. I take one dose daily for maintenance. If I get a little off then I will bump it up a dose or two. The Benefiber works VERY well. it is tasteless and blends without notice in the vast majority of foods. It is not gritty at all.

I talked to the nurse at my Bariatric Clinic about this as I was having the same issues. She told me to add a Probiotic. I get mine in the refrigerated section of my Vitamin store but you should be able to ask at your pharmacy or such as they are typically refrigerated. Her explanation is that after having the band inserted or even under stress, the bad bacteria overaly reaacts in your stomach. The probotic replaces that good bacteria. I tried and was amazed by the difference it made by the very next day. I am still taking and those side effects are very minimal now.

I am going to pick me up a probiotic and some benefiber to ease my issues. I just thought I had to live with it. Thanks! :D

Great idea! I will give this a try. Does it help with the gas and the bowel movements?

I was just banded on the 15th of this month and I burp ALL the time!!! everytime I eat , it just comes out!!! I wondered if this was normal and always gonna be like this after you eat ?!!! :unsure:

The probotic helps with the belly gas. The iregularity I keep under control with 1 to 3 stool softners per day and 1 to 3 doses of Benefiber. I always take 1 stool softner and 1 dose of Benefiber daily to keep regular.

Part of burping soon after surgery is still the gas that is used during the procedure. This will get better. I would ask your medical team if you are ok to add the probotic. I did not add mine until I was 2 months out.

OMG I burp and fart ALL the time its awefull...the farts totally stink like somethind died inside...uggghhh.My hubby has been more then tollerent...haha. I have also had problems pooping. My Dr recommended taking Magnesium 2x a day and its helped. The benifiber and gummies did NOTHING!!! I also take dulcalax on the weekends so I can clean out my system.

Keep trying new things and good luck!