Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lapbandout211.jpgI am home from the hospital! I was released yesterday afternoon about 4:30. Monday mornin was my surgery and before I went in the OR my Dr. came by and we chatted for a few about what he would be doing.

First he would go down with the SCOPE, check for ulcers or any obstruction..If nothing was found there, he was going to open me up and find out whats going on... Dr. told me that maybe from the Sliming and Vommiting; someting was really irritated. Dr. said the last resort would be to remove it, and just assume I am Band Intolerant!

I remember them asking me to move over to the operating table (I was high as a kite with the cocktail mix they gave me to relax)... I woke up in the recovery room with my Dr's assistance telling me everything went well, but they had to remove the band.

I cried, cried and cried! I am upset that it had to come to that.

Later when I was in my room the Dr.'s came by and explained to me they found an infection underneath the rim of my band. One of the stitches came undone (possible from vommiting).

Dr. gave me a few options! We are going to see if I can Maintain or even lose weight on my own (since I lost a huge chunk weight with the Lap Band. If I struggle and can't keep it off or can't lose any more.. we will discuss the options of Gastric ByPass.

lapnamdout11111.jpg

So, I am out of work for 2 weeks and have a drain coming from my stomach..to let the infection drain out! I can't sleep...I have 2 antibiotics and a narcotic to help with the pain.

I am so full of emotions! I am just lost!

I have a Visiting Nurse coming to the house to change the dressing and empty my drain!

I JUST WANT TO SCREAM! I am so mad! I am upset! I am SCARED!

Once this is all healed, I will work my ass off to try to lost more weight! I am 30lbs from goal! I will put my mind to it!

Thank you all for your support! I see the Dr. on the 5th of May to take out the drain and discuss my options!

Thanks again!!!

~Mandy

Oh my heart is breaking for you... I have been in your shoes and I know that it is horrible and feels like your life has been turned upside down and dreams are going away. I had to have my band removed due to a bad slip and my stomach was too swollen to keep the band... I went 4 1/2 months without a band and did gain back 28 lbs.... durin g that time we realized that my gall bladder was bad and is what was making me throw up violently with the band and without it... so, i was able to have teh gallbladder out and a new band placed--- although a much bigger band due to scar tissue.

Again, I completely understand the feelings you are going thru- you feel like you lost your best friend you best ali to get this weight off. I was at goal when this happened to me myself. I will keep you in my prayers and hope that you are able to contine losing the weight and reach your goal. Wishing you a speedy recovery so you can get back to your healthy life and working out to reach your goal.

lapbandout211.jpgI am home from the hospital! I was released yesterday afternoon about 4:30. Monday mornin was my surgery and before I went in the OR my Dr. came by and we chatted for a few about what he would be doing.

First he would go down with the SCOPE, check for ulcers or any obstruction..If nothing was found there, he was going to open me up and find out whats going on... Dr. told me that maybe from the Sliming and Vommiting; someting was really irritated. Dr. said the last resort would be to remove it, and just assume I am Band Intolerant!

I remember them asking me to move over to the operating table (I was high as a kite with the cocktail mix they gave me to relax)... I woke up in the recovery room with my Dr's assistance telling me everything went well, but they had to remove the band.

Later when I was in my room the Dr.'s came by and explained to me they found an infection underneath the rim of my band. One of the stitches came undone (possible from vommiting).

Dr. gave me a few options! We are going to see if I can Maintain or even lose weight on my own (since I lost a huge chunk weight with the Lap Band. If I struggle and can't keep it off or can't lose any more.. we will discuss the options of Gastric ByPass.

lapnamdout11111.jpg

So, I am out of work for 2 weeks and have a drain coming from my stomach..to let the infection drain out! I can't sleep...I have 2 antibiotics and a narcotic to help with the pain.

I have a Visiting Nurse coming to the house to change the dressing and empty my drain!

Once this is all healed, I will work my ass off to try to lost more weight! I am 30lbs from goal! I will put my mind to it!

Thank you all for your support! I see the Dr. on the 5th of May to take out the drain and discuss my options!

Thanks again!!!

~Mandy

I am glad you are doing better and I believe you can reach goal without it! You can do it! You can do it!

So sorry for your perdiciment. Just remember all you learned about eating healthy with the band and try to continue the habits, eat protien, drink Water, exercise. You just have 30# to go, you can do this! I wish you the very very best. Keep us posted on how you are doing!

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. But I believe that you will go forward, and hit your goal.

I wish you the best in Health, at least nothing spread.. So you take it easy if you can !

You know someone is always here for talking. Take Care, Shirley.

Sorry to hear about your band but I hope you feel better soon. Try Weight Watchers they have a really good support system. I hope it all works out for you.

Mandy I'm very sorry to hear that your band was removed, but what a blessing that they were able to find your infection and treat it.

Mandy,

I'm so sorry that you had your band removed. :( Have you considered the sleeve instead of the bypass? It's a bit less drastic.

lapnamdout11111.jpg

Thanks again!!!

~Mandy

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry for what you are going through. Sorry I know there is nothing I can say to help.

Hi Mandy- Hope you are feeling well! I am so sorry you lost the Band. I really know how you are feeling.

Last year at this time my Band slipped due to a really bad stomach virus. I threw up so much that I unstitched the Band and it slid down my stomach.

Lucky for me they were able to repair the same band and just go in and stitch me up again. I promised myself that I would never let myself throw up that much again.

Since last year I have been good and losing weight with the band. Just Pray everyday that I never get that sick again. Its awful not being able to eat or drink.

Stick with weightwatchers and you will meet your goal. Good luck and I love your Blog!!!!

Im so sorry that you had to lose your band. I wish you so much luck with your last 30 lbs. Please keep us updated on your journey

Oh man! I was hoping they would be able to save your band. Did they say what the infection was from? Has it been there since they installed your band?

lapnamdout11111.jpg

Thanks again!!!

~Mandy

I'm so sorry Mandy!! :( Best of luck! You can do it!! You made it so far already! Don't give up, even without your band :)

AW MANDY I AM VERY SORRY YOU ARE GOING THROUGH ALL THIS. :( I HOPE THINGS GET BETTER FOR YOU. I KNOW I WOULD BE SCARED TO DEAL WITH WHAT YOU HAVE YOU ARE A STRONG WOMAN. THANKS SO MUCH AND SHAREING YOU STRUGGLE AND OPENING UP OUR EYES TO WHAT CAN HAPPEN WITH THE BAND.