Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded no fill and can't stop eating

You are the one with the bad attitude. It is not a mental thing that I am talking about, but a physical thing. I was eating exactly what I was supposed to be eating but I would get very hungry so I knew exactly what she is talking about--unlike yourself. This week I am back to normal and I am not so hungry so it was something temporary and could have been hormonal.

LOL you are funny I have one of the best atittudes around. You do not understand what I was saying. By the way I eat every two hours because of hunger. Oh that's right you said I did not know what she was talking about.....hmmmmmmmmmm ok if you say so. By the way I do eat about every two hours,about 6 times a day. With the exercise I get I am hungry a lot and my body responds with good weight loss. I hope your attitude does improve and you come to understand what people are trying to say. Good luck on your journey.biggrin.gif

LOL you are funny I have one of the best atittudes around. You do not understand what I was saying. By the way I eat every two hours because of hunger. Oh that's right you said I did not know what she was talking about.....hmmmmmmmmmm ok if you say so. By the way I do eat about every two hours,about 6 times a day. With the exercise I get I am hungry a lot and my body responds with good weight loss. I hope your attitude does improve and you come to understand what people are trying to say. Good luck on your journey.biggrin.gif

Ummmm, if you knew what you were talking about you would know that the doctors say NOT to eat more than 3 times per day.

Ummmm, if you knew what you were talking about you would know that the doctors say NOT to eat more than 3 times per day.

Newbie,

Different MDs have different 'rules'. Some docs advocate 3 meals a day only. My doc is a big believer in small frequent meals. Let's support each other here instead of belittling.

Best of luck to us all!

Annie

Newbie,

Different MDs have different 'rules'. Some docs advocate 3 meals a day only. My doc is a big believer in small frequent meals. Let's support each other here instead of belittling.

Best of luck to us all!

Annie

Please don't call me newbie. That is very condescending.

What a contentious topic!

I think there's a large percentage of people that know the band will be work but secretly hope it will be magic. I know I sure did. I mean WHY would you have a surgery that you didnt think was goign to make a hard job easier? And lets face it, although it doesnt make it so much easier that it feels like magic, it DOES make it a lot easier - or we all wouldnt have lost weight. NONE of us could do this alone before, and with the band we can therefore it does do something - it does cut down on the willpower required, it does reduce hunger (even if you still get hungry) and it does reduce the portions you can eat.

What it does not do - cut out head hunger, chocolate cravings, the habit of a nightly glass of wine. That's where willpower comes in - and even then, with the smaller food intake, I have not had to give up those things entirely.

If someone is doing their best to stick to the plan, but falling off the wagon here and there, and not losing as much as they thought, or just maintaining - that's quite normal pre fill. If someone is stuffing themselves stupid and eating all day and every day and crappy food at that, then they are really not exhibiting any self control or willpower at all and probably deserve to be told they have a bad attide. Ditto exercise. No reason not to be doing it, other than laziness or in some cases, inability/disability. The band wont cure that sort of "bad attitude". It only cures the doing your best but not perfect kinda person, who tends to get better with fills.

But we pretty much are all fat people who sat on our butts and stuffed our faces, a little humility goes a long way. Post op is incredibly difficult for some people.

Re banded and cannot stop eating

First my band had flipped once I had it fix which was so simple. My port is in my cleavage so a minor cut 15 mins later out and about

Scar is all but a very fine line , I say in six months it will be non existence

Weight loss steady now

Newbie,

Best of luck to us all!

Annie

Thank you Annie, and you are right. We all have to find what works best for us and having hyperglycemia I eat more often and my weight loss proves it works for me. Have a great day

Felictiy look at my weight loss and tell me I am doing this wrong. I have had my band long enough to know what I am doing. Everyone is different and requires different things. I am have hyperglycemia and eat a lot of Protein. I stay around 1000 cals a day. Dr all have different rules and you will find as you get further into your lap band journey the things that will work for you., keep a open mind and be willing to try new things.smile.gif

Re banded and cannot stop eating

First my band had flipped once I had it fix which was so simple. My port is in my cleavage so a minor cut 15 mins later out and about

Scar is all but a very fine line , I say in six months it will be non existence

Weight loss steady now

Brenda, lol leave it alone... I had to learn you have to be really quiet sometimes with these Younger people. (some) they are sooo... use to arguing and that;s all they know how to do. they don't understand correction, constantly on the defense. I too eat 3x a day and 2 Snacks, most people do.As you said, especially when you are putting in the work(exercising) I wish they would realize this is not Facebook or my space. this is a support group.

What a contentious topic!

I think there's a large percentage of people that know the band will be work but secretly hope it will be magic. I know I sure did. I mean WHY would you have a surgery that you didnt think was goign to make a hard job easier? And lets face it, although it doesnt make it so much easier that it feels like magic, it DOES make it a lot easier - or we all wouldnt have lost weight. NONE of us could do this alone before, and with the band we can therefore it does do something - it does cut down on the willpower required, it does reduce hunger (even if you still get hungry) and it does reduce the portions you can eat.

What it does not do - cut out head hunger, chocolate cravings, the habit of a nightly glass of wine. That's where willpower comes in - and even then, with the smaller food intake, I have not had to give up those things entirely.

If someone is doing their best to stick to the plan, but falling off the wagon here and there, and not losing as much as they thought, or just maintaining - that's quite normal pre fill. If someone is stuffing themselves stupid and eating all day and every day and crappy food at that, then they are really not exhibiting any self control or willpower at all and probably deserve to be told they have a bad attide. Ditto exercise. No reason not to be doing it, other than laziness or in some cases, inability/disability. The band wont cure that sort of "bad attitude". It only cures the doing your best but not perfect kinda person, who tends to get better with fills.

But we pretty much are all fat people who sat on our butts and stuffed our faces, a little humility goes a long way. Post op is incredibly difficult for some people.

You are exactly right. Post op is not easy especially in the first few weeks when you are so limited in what you can eat... except for Brenda62 who apparently thinks that it's a breeze.

Brenda, lol leave it alone... I had to learn you have to be really quiet sometimes with these Younger people. (some) they are sooo... use to arguing and that;s all they know how to do. they don't understand correction, constantly on the defense. I too eat 3x a day and 2 Snacks, most people do.As you said, especially when you are putting in the work(exercising) I wish they would realize this is not Facebook or my space. this is a support group.

I just wish you would learn how to type.

In the US most doctors recommend focusing on 3-4 oz of solid Protein and then 1/2-3/4 cups of low cal/fat veggies. It sounds like perhaps you are consuming too many carbs (ie potatoes). I would recommend buying a digital food scale. Measure out your protein and when it's gone stop eating. It can take a long time to get restriction. Took me 6 months! If you must have a snack I would recommend 1 oz chicken breast.

I dont think you will be nearly as hungry or able to eat as much once you get a fill. I think this is pretty standard for the first month after surgery. I am only two weeks out but I can already feel the hunger creeping back up.

I am banded two years ago and have lost nearly seven stone. until you start having fills, you won't get decent restriction that you can live with - everyone is different. my surgeon was Martin richardson, THG Bromsgrove. Had brilliant support and aftercare package, so would recommend him/it/them.

I've recently had a problem following two long haul flights in two months, which meant my band got a bit sensitive to the de-fills and fills that I subjected it to. I've spent the last 3 months being sick a lot, which has resulted in low levels of albumin in my blood, which has shown as swollen feet and legs. I wasn't keeping enough Protein down to ensure my liver was able to manufacture the albumin apparently.

I'm now on a high Protein diet (I'm vegetarian, so takes a bit more thought) and my band seems to have settled down, so I've stopped being sick, don't know how long it will take for normal functioning to resume, but it will.

also had some problems in the recent past with night cough, but that is fine now, as long as I don't eat too late.

even though ive had a few problems, it has all been worth it, my general health and energy levels are so much better and I look good now too!

one word of advice - take advice from the clinicians rather than going to other bandsters first - we're all on a journey and what works for them may not be the best advice for you. having said that, there is great support to be had from sites such as this one.

good luck!

karen