Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi..I was banded on 17th march....I am 56 so I dont expect a drastic weight loss..have lost 15lbs so far..in 5 weeks....but I'm still weak and feel tired all the time...

did anyone have same problems...

I hope you are getting sufficient Protein and taking your Vitamins. That helped me so much. I was pouring my protein in my body to help me heal and was freakish about my vits for B12 and Iron. I hope and pray you feel better soon! :D

hi..I was banded on 17th march....I am 56 so I dont expect a drastic weight loss..have lost 15lbs so far..in 5 weeks....but I'm still weak and feel tired all the time...

did anyone have same problems...

I was banded on March 18th and have felt the same way. I seem to wear out quicker and have to take breaks sometimes. I just have to sit down for a few minutes. I am 33 so I figure it is just about giving my body time to adjust. I do take my Vitamins everyday. I have decided to give up caffiene also--more due to the stomach ache I had over the past week than anything else. I go to bed earlier--around 10pm and that helps. I am up by 6:30am most mornings. I also have a 2 year to run after...LOL. Hope you feel better soon!

yeah, i definitely had that problem. was banded on 3/15 and it lasted at least a month. only now do i really feel totally normal. i think it happens to some people.

I am 56. I had my surgery last year in Sept., so I was 55. It took me about 3 months to get back to normal. I was planning on staying off from work for 6 weeks, but then I was told by my doctors office he only signs off for 2 weeks. So I went back to work in 4 weeks. I have a desk job. But I commute from N.J. to N.Y., an hour ride each way. I had gas pains so bad, after 4 days back to work, I called the doctor and told him I was in so much pain. He told me to go to the Emergency room at the hospital where the surgery was done and he would meet me. I had to take car service from work to N.J. He notified the hospital's emergency room, they put me through so many different tests. Everything came out fine. They did not know the reason why I was in so much paid besides I was backed up with stool. They only gave me pain killer in the hospital. Sent me home and told me to get stool softeners. That was on a Friday, I final went to the bathroom on Saturday morning and what a relief. I felt so much better. My word to you is try and take it easy for as long as you can. If you have to work, stay out for as long as you can. Just relax as long as you can. It will get better. Now I am 7 months out and I have so much energy and have lost 70 lbs.. Sometimes I can't sit still I have to get up and move around.

Protein, Vitamins, and lots of water! You will also be surprised that taking walks can actually give you energy. I exercise and I still don't believe it! laugh.gif

I am 54 and newly Banded on April 20th. So almost a week now. I felt better today and not quite as weak. I hope you feel better soon. I am taking in protien and taking chewable vitamins and trying to keep my liquid intake up as well.

Im sorry your still not feeling well. I too am 56 yr old and I had my surgery April 12,2011. And I feel great, i walk 1 mile twice a day and Im not tired at all.I think its the walking that Ive been doing. I do the Protein shakes and i take Vitamins. I now get to eat mushies and im so glad of that..I sure was getting tired of the liquids. Hope you get to felling better soon :)

Thanks every one for encouraging me....I think i'm taking less protien...besides its summer here and the heat is wearing me out....

I'll increase my protien intake and take it easy for some days...

thanks!! Love u all!!