Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3rd FIll and mixed emotions

I am going today for my 3rd fill because i still have hardley any restriction. I have lost 48lbs since 02/2011 however i have been working out and watching what i eat. I have going between 267-271 for 2weeks now. Any sugestions? I feel realy let down. I think that i am to hard on my self because even with the of sucess of losing 48lbs i am not super excited. I feel like i have a dead line to meet before december. And if i dont start losing weight i won't meet it. December is my 100lb goal weight month. because next year my husband and i are GOING to have a baby. I never realized how phychological this surgery was.

I am going today for my 3rd fill because i still have hardley any restriction. I have lost 48lbs since 02/2011 however i have been working out and watching what i eat. I have going between 267-271 for 2weeks now. Any sugestions? I feel realy let down. I think that i am to hard on my self because even with the of sucess of losing 48lbs i am not super excited. I feel like i have a dead line to meet before december. And if i dont start losing weight i won't meet it. December is my 100lb goal weight month. because next year my husband and i are GOING to have a baby. I never realized how phychological this surgery was.

You have done well. Take it easy on yourself. To lose 48lbs is a great achievment and be proud, that you did not depend soley on your band. I commend you for all that you have done and i am confident that you will meet your goals.

You have done well. Take it easy on yourself. To lose 48lbs is a great achievment and be proud, that you did not depend soley on your band. I commend you for all that you have done and i am confident that you will meet your goals.

my fill went well, I wish my doctor and staff would be as encouraging as my LBT friends! I feel like i am being punished evey time I go in there. Its not that they are beating me up on weight issues. They are ALL ways saying "just cause can eat it doesn't mean you can" and the my all time favorite is "the band is just a tool"!!! Err I hate that one cause i am ready for MY TOOL to start working!!!!!! Hopefully with this fill it will the "right fit".

I totally feel you. I have not lost as much as you at this point and have been losing and gaining the same 4-5lbs for abour 3 weeks now. I want to be down 15lbs by 5/30 but at the rate I'm going it's not gonna happen. I would like to be at around 100lbs down as well by December and am also thinking about having a baby but refuse to do it at this weight. I have had 2 fills at this point; nurse thought my last one she hold me until July and I'm not feeling it at all. While they have never been discouraging, I'm feeling really down on myself for not using the band to its full advantage. I wish I had been required to do more before surgery as I don't feel I was mentally prepared for all the changes I need to make. I have actually started seeing a therapist to deal with some of the psychological changes due to the surgery (emotional eating is no longer a safe option). I don't know if this is helpful at all; just know you're not alone and that we're here to support you.

1. it takes a while to get the right fill (sweet spot as its called)
    took me around 2 yrs and you need to find an aggressive, yet safe, doc
    and its not easy to live with
    i stayed hungry for a time 6-12 months after a successful fill, still had the urge just not the ability
    so that was one thing, then i hit my stride, but the fills i thought were the fills, not so much
    each doc/practitioner is different, definitely i'm a fluoroscope fan, only way to go and definitely done in a fully upright position
    my first fill was done in a dentist type chair; i was too naive to question
    mine is a mexican band, Tijuana Dr. Ortiz 2007 and i've been very happy
    i was non-compliant with the pre-op diet (and i'm a RN---obviously out of control) and self pay (obviously)
    so it took a while to get underway plus i had an hiatal hernia which was repaired during surgery
    started finally taking the weight off after i was filled by dr. vitello in chicago prolly end of 08 or beginning of 09, great technique and i'd recommend him highly but he's not doing fills any longs
    at any rate, i've been to him several times on my journey
    fills, unfills at times when i just needed a break ( this has only been twice with maybe 3-4 fills)
    thats my story
    2/07 276 #
    4/11 149#
    5'6"
    dunno my BMI but this was my goal and i want to get a ltttle restriction out so i can start training myself to eat a little more normal as i don't tolerate some things like steak, chickenm just working on my plan
    a suggestion for a doc in st. louis or somewhere anywhere close and reasonable would be appreciated
    thanks
    roxanne

Hey there -

I just got my 2nd fill yesterday and I totally feel what you are going through. I'm down about 40 pounds and I had my surgery on 3/2. I lost around 30 pounds the first month and then 10 pounds last month. I like you have goals that I set for myself but you just gotta keep doing it! Think about it.. you are losing on average of 10 pounds a month. If you do that for 10 months you are down 100 pounds!!! That's what I keep telling myself.

I've had a few weeks where I was between 300-304lbs.. just how it is. You will get a big jump when you get that fill. Just keep it going! Good luck to you.

Thanks for words of encouragement! I wish you the best of luck also! Keep updating!

Hey there -

I just got my 2nd fill yesterday and I totally feel what you are going through. I'm down about 40 pounds and I had my surgery on 3/2. I lost around 30 pounds the first month and then 10 pounds last month. I like you have goals that I set for myself but you just gotta keep doing it! Think about it.. you are losing on average of 10 pounds a month. If you do that for 10 months you are down 100 pounds!!! That's what I keep telling myself.

I've had a few weeks where I was between 300-304lbs.. just how it is. You will get a big jump when you get that fill. Just keep it going! Good luck to you.