Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction gone overnight ????

Guest Fiona

Guest Fiona

Wasn't too sure whether to post about this or not, but maybe someone has experienced something similiar.

Up until last night my restriction has been pretty stable, have been very near if not at my sweet spot, dont get me wrong, there have been the odd few days where feels it has slackened slightly but nothing major and returns usually within a day or two.

Well late last night, there I was watching the telly with my faithful pint glass of diluting juice, I took a gulp, a habit I'm still trying to break !, and I thought as soon as I swallowed - this is going to come back up.........but it never. Strange I thought, so I tried again, another gulp, went down no problems. In fact it actually felt different as it went down, as if there was no resistance ! I drank more, quite quickly and quite alot, knowing that there is no way I could have done that 4 hours ago, and it went down, absolutely no problem.

Ok, so by this time I'm thinking something is not quite right - but reassured myself that maybe cause it was so late on and my stomach was probably completely empty, its maybe normal.

So onto Breakfast this morning - I made toast thinking that if anything will test the band, the toast will. Normally I can eat 1 slice, at a push 2, but only if I take my time and really chew. I made 2 slices, and purposely ate them quite quickly, and without that much chewing, hoping for them to resurface - but nothing

I could feel it going through the band, but if I had done that yesterday morning I would have been sick within 2 bites.

This seems more drastic than just a "loose" day, it feels totally different when I'm drinking, I'm burping big time, never done that since the operation. There appears to be no resistance.

I will phone the hosp. on Monday for advice if it continues, I'm half thinking I may have a leak - but praying that it is at my port. My port has been a wriggly wee thing and is currently up on its side - although it has been like that for a few months now.

Just wondered if anyone has experienced such a drastic loss of restriction overnight ? Hoping maybe that it is something that sometimes happens

Fi x

Swedish Adjustable Gastric Band(keyhole) 09-09-03

Mr Galloway - Gartnavel General - Glasgow

Weight Loss to date = 70 lbs

Fiona

Thanks for posting

I can glup Water pretty good, but I can't even eat 3 bites of toast. You know your band and somethings not quite right. I just noticed 4 lbs dropped in a week(post-cycle) and I lost alittle restriction.

Since your port is on its side and its been a few months, I would be curious and see about getting alittle fill and to check for leaks as well. Keep us posted

I have days where I have super restriction and days where I can eat things that normally don't go down. It fluctuates thru out the month. I do notice that if I eat things with high sugar contents then the restriction will be less...

Guest Fiona

Thanks for your input guys,

Leo you say that this can heppen - I have experienced the "slacker" days aswell, but it has never been as drastic as this, or has happened so quickly, is this the way you have found it to happen ?

There was a little restriction there today, but nothing like what it has been for the past 2 months, although I see that as better news, maybe there isn't a leak after all.

Would be great to know why the band does this !!!!!

Fi x

Yap, for me the restriction level can fluctuate drastically from day to day. Like I said, if I eat stuff with high sugar content I find that I can eat more stuff... Dunno why.