Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

mesad.jpgI went for my Upper GI today! Wow, what a different experience than the first time! I don't remember it being that bad! There was a few times I threw up the contrast (barium) and cried through the rest of the test!

I then went downstairs to the Weight Center for IV Fluids to help hydrate me! Here, I met with my Dr. and he reviewed the Upper GI...

Everything looked good on the Upper GI; so what do we do now? Why am I having such great difficulty!

Few thoughts that came to mind...

Maybe I have an ulcer- So I am going to under go the Scope to check.

If there is no ulcer- I will be opened back up to explore! I have symptoms of being "too tight"... But he tried again and I have NO NO NO NO NO Fluid in my band! Nothing!

iv.jpgSo we will see whats going to happen! I was asked if I wanted himto take it out! I told him if its bad, then "Yes"! I can't live the rest of my life like this! I am starving! Thirsty! I am Tired! Just feeling so Uggghhhh Lately!

So thats the update I have for today! I am back in surgery Monday morning! I need to be there for 6 am! OMG that sure is early! I may be staying for the night as well so the Dr. can keep an eye on me and to keep my fluids running and keep me hydrated!

Till next time,

~Mandy

WOW.....good luck!!! my slip and hernia didn't show up til I was scoped...I hope everything goes well for you, you have been through a lot.

Mimi

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it! I am so scared... My Dr. asked if need be (If I have become Band Intolerant) Do I want him to take it out! I said whatever he thinks is the BEST idea!!! Then he does whatever he has to!

I am going through similar problems with my band right now. How can a person be intolerant of their band? God I hope my band can be fixed.

Hi Living My Dream,

I am not sure how one can be Band Intolerant..My Dr. told me it doesn't usually happen till Years out of surgery. Your body just cant handle the band anymore! He was not more specific! I tried to get what I could out of him. There isn't enough studies though, so I was told!

I am really hoping they can take care of this too! I am so afraid that they have to take the band out! That is my worse fear!

I wish you the best of luck!

Just curious what symptoms are you having? Reason being I am having some serious pain symptoms that just started recently and its been 2 1/2 years since being banded. I wonder if there if there is a simularities. I wish you well with your endeavor.

mesad.jpgI went for my Upper GI today! Wow, what a different experience than the first time! I don't remember it being that bad! There was a few times I threw up the contrast (barium) and cried through the rest of the test!

I then went downstairs to the Weight Center for IV Fluids to help hydrate me! Here, I met with my Dr. and he reviewed the Upper GI...

Everything looked good on the Upper GI; so what do we do now? Why am I having such great difficulty!

Few thoughts that came to mind...

Maybe I have an ulcer- So I am going to under go the Scope to check.

If there is no ulcer- I will be opened back up to explore! I have symptoms of being "too tight"... But he tried again and I have NO NO NO NO NO Fluid in my band! Nothing!

iv.jpgSo we will see whats going to happen! I was asked if I wanted himto take it out! I told him if its bad, then "Yes"! I can't live the rest of my life like this! I am starving! Thirsty! I am Tired! Just feeling so Uggghhhh Lately!

So thats the update I have for today! I am back in surgery Monday morning! I need to be there for 6 am! OMG that sure is early! I may be staying for the night as well so the Dr. can keep an eye on me and to keep my fluids running and keep me hydrated!

Till next time,

~Mandy

Hi glen,

I have not been able to eat in 2 1/2 weeks. I try to eat and it comes up! I have symptoms of being "too tight" But I have Nothing in my band! They took all the Fluid out 2 weeks ago! (I only had 2cc's in my band)!

If for any reason I can get anything down it hurts going through the band! I tried Cream of Wheat the other night and I felt like I was having a heart attack! It really hurt! I tried having half a freeze pop and threw it up!

I gurgle all the time! I have a sip of anything and I am making all kinds of noises! Noises that are just not normal! I am so dehydrated they gave me the fluids by IV on Friday and I am really hoping they can fix it tomorrow morning during surgery!

Good luck and keep me posted on your troubles!!!!