Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 2011 Bandsters: How much have your lost?

Hello all! I was banded Febuary 16, 2011. My starting weight was 231.8 and I am now at 130. I love having the band it has giving me my life back. I'm happy, and actually enjoy being around people. Where before I was happy just staying at home all the tome and didn't want to meet new people. Its going to help now that we are getting ready to PCS to Hawaii in April. I have been in the green zone since surgery I didn't have to get a fill. I have appointment on October 18 with my doctor to see about maintenance.

I enjoy walking, riding my bike, and just feeling young again! I feel great!

Hello all! I was banded Febuary 16, 2011. My starting weight was 231.8 and I am now at 130. I love having the band it has giving me my life back. I'm happy, and actually enjoy being around people. Where before I was happy just staying at home all the tome and didn't want to meet new people. Its going to help now that we are getting ready to PCS to Hawaii in April. I have been in the green zone since surgery I didn't have to get a fill. I have appointment on October 18 with my doctor to see about maintenance.

I enjoy walking, riding my bike, and just feeling young again! I feel great!

Wow!!! You just might be the biggest success story that I have ever read about! I am at around 40 lost and I was banded 5 days before you. That being said, I didn't have green zone the whole time and dealt with having all Fluid removed for two months due to a stomach virus.

You are awesome! Did your surgeon fill you from the beginning? You haven't had fills? GOOD FOR YOU! YOU ROCK!!!

JPT

Just checking in.... I'm down 69 lbs! I am so happy I have this band. Best decision EVER!

Hi all!! Havent been on here in ages....just dropping in to see that im not the only one not hanging out here.....anyways...almost 10 months have gone by and I'm down 81 #.....one of the best things ive done for myself... :) I hope everyone else is doing well!

I've only lost 33 lbs...but I am more FIT than I have ever been! It's been a HUGE battle for me. Eating has been a challenge, but I've had to deal with a very bad, underactive thyroid. I've been seeing an endocrinologist that specializes in weight management and has me now taking my synthroid at night and eating Protein first thing when I wake up. I also had a very nasty staph infection on my hand in August that changed everything for me for at least a month. Working out twice (sometimes 3 times) a week has been key as well. It's hard not to get down on myself but I just know it's a daily challenge and I'm not going to let this beat me. There have been other good things as well--my face has shrunk! I used to have such a fat face! My knees are no longer dark and my feet no longer have splotches. I'm eating about 1500 calories a day. I'd like to cut that back to 1200 but I'm not sure I can do it without a fill and I already have problems with PBing so that's no good...lol. I wish I could say I was more than 33 pounds down but that's just unrealistic for me and always has been, even though I was hoping for a miracle. I do not have ANY regrets. My eating has improved so much. I care much more about what is going in my mouth now than I did last year at this time. I have 57 more pounds to lose and I'm off to get a Tummy Tuck to remove the tire around my waist that keeps drooping more with every pound lost!

Oh did I mention I'm running, too?

Yep! Something I'd never do before! My first 5K is in February! 3 miles--I might be crawling at the end but I'll get there!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season.

108 lbs and 15 lbs from goal weight! Feeling great!