Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got appppproved and date SO EXCITED!

I just got approved and got my date! It's May 12th! Any advice? And the pre-op diet how long is that usually because im only metting with my doctor 1 week before?

Congrats!!!! My pre op diet was only 1 week.

BJ

YAY!!!! I was so pumped prior to surgery I couldn't even sleep at night! lol I am 6 weeks out today! I didn't have a pre-op diet really, just of course only liquids the day before. So perhaps you have something similar to mine. Advice? I'd say find out which Protein shakes you like now if you haven't already done so! And, make good food choices leading up to surgery as well, don't be tempted to have that "last big meal"! Congrats!!!

I just got approved and got my date! It's May 12th! Any advice? And the pre-op diet how long is that usually because im only metting with my doctor 1 week before?

Congrats on your date! My pre-op diet was for 2 weeks; I think. It's been forever it seems! If you're interested you may want to just call his office and ask. Usually a week to two weeks is the average length.

My advice: relax! Don't suffer from "last meal syndrome." The band is not supposed to keep you from eating the food you like/enjoy; Just keep that in mind.

Otherwise buy some Gas-X strips for post surgery. Maybe put together a little shopping list of foods you'll want to have post-op (Soups, broths, Jello, yogurt, SF popsicles, etc)

Good luck!

My pre-op diet is for two weeks and I am on that right now. Protein shakes a couple times a day and chicken breast with a cup of green veggies a couple times a day. I am hungry but managing!

Congrats!!! Keep your chin up and know that you can do this. Good luck!!!

Congratulations! I remember when I got my letter from Blue Cross. It was a few days before Christmas. I called the surgeon's office the next day to book a date and they had to call me back. Several days later! Which just about killed me. But then I was able to go public with my plans.

My pre op diet was 10 days. First day rough and then the rest was not so bad. First week after surgery all liquids of course but I got tired of nothing with taste so I got some hot and sour Soup from the Chinese restaurant. Just had the broth but it was soooooo good. My first day of mush was oatmeal for Breakfast. It tasted like a filet mignon!

Best of luck to you!

My pre op liquid diet was supposed to be 14 days BUT they squeezed me in for my surgery a so I only had to do 11 days. You might NOT have a pre op liquid diet, might want to call and ask.

Congrats to you! I was approved today. I'm really thinking about calling my insurance to double check because I can't believe what I heard. I got a really quick respone, within a few days.

Congrats! I got my insurance approval letter today--only a week. Thought it would take at least a month! I'm taking a two week trip to Italy in May, so I have to wait to start my journey! Good luck to those who get to start right away!