Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much do you exercise?

Hi guys!

This has probably been asked already but I just can't get a clear enough answer. I am a bit thick sometimes!

Could you let me know how much you workout. I workout about half an hour 3/4 times a week. I find it hard to go more as I am a student midwife and doing 3/4 12-hour shifts a week and a mummy to a lil boy, I either don't have time, need to write an essay or am just too tired!

Please reply x

I started out slower at the gym 3-4, then 4-5 times per week with usually 30-35 minutes on the elliptical, then doing the weight machines for like 30-40 minutes. Then 6 weeks ago I switched to kickboxing, again I started off at 3 classes per week 1 hour classes. Now I am up to 6 classes per week. On my days off I go twice, so I am off 3 days usually.

I go to a Zumba class once a week, and workout 2-3 times a week (40min cardio, 40min strength training) and since I live downtown, I try to walk and take the stairs as much as possible. I'm gradually increasing my cardio, and want to join a kickboxing class too.

The key is to gradually increase your cardio, and do some strength training 2-3 times a week. Most of all just do things you find fun, whether it's in the gym, outside, or in a pool. If you're not finding it a little bit fun, then you probably won't stick to it.

In the heart of my fat loss I was doing an hour of significant cardio most days of the week... (ie: 5-7)

I'm now doing cardio 3 days a week on average and another 3 strength training sessions a week. Sometimes cardio and strength training is on the same day. (ie: AM cardio / PM strength)

Brad

I started out slower at the gym 3-4, then 4-5 times per week with usually 30-35 minutes on the elliptical, then doing the weight machines for like 30-40 minutes. Then 6 weeks ago I switched to kickboxing, again I started off at 3 classes per week 1 hour classes. Now I am up to 6 classes per week. On my days off I go twice, so I am off 3 days usually.

i would love to do kick boxing,it gives you a total workout

i would love to do kick boxing,it gives you a total workout

i go to the gym 5 days a week for a minimum of 1hr.recently started going at 5am due to change in job and work hours.i was going in the evening after work.but workout is my me time i take my bad days and frustration and stress out on the machines.

I work out about 45 min to a 1hr 5 times a week ! I do aerobics and the weights and ball .

Everyday; 3 weight lifting days, 3 cardio days, Sunday = light day; ie. walking/stretching.

An hour of cardio most days and 2 or 3 body pump classes a week as well. That's for maintenance, but its about the same as what I did whilst losing.

Wow! Thanks guys!

I didn't think I would get a response but you have all been a great help. So, because I know I will not be able to get to the gym everyday or even 5 days a week doing 3-4 12hour shifts in the hospital, I cancelled my membership! Not to worry though because I bought an exercise bike and an elliptical cross trainer thingy on Saturday and have been using them since. Next I will have to get some weights as well. I put the bike in the living room so even if I'm watching TV I can do it from my bike! My aim right now is at least 1hour 5 days a week and to build from there.

Thanks guys!!